eBay Commission Calculator
    I have a calculator that will calculate the commisions for ebay US as of Oct 1. I would like to make this avaialble to everyone, but first I would like to get an estimate on it's demand so I know what site to put it on.

Your thoughts....

What is this for? Check if CJ/ebay miscalculate our commish?

I'd love to see this

Yes, i would love to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by fg20878
    What is this for? Check if CJ/ebay miscalculate our commish?

It's not intended for that. If you download your daily log from CJ you can view what item was bid on, place the numbers in the script and it will give you a total commission.

Here is the link to the eBay Commission Calculator the cost... Free

Thanks apex,

Looks like a nice tool. The commissions can certainly add up, in some circumstances. I guess time will tell if this is a shaft for affiliates, or something that will be an asset.

Good work!

Andy

awesome, thanks!~

Looks like a nice tool. The commissions can certainly add up, in some circumstances. I guess time will tell if this is a shaft for affiliates, or something that will be an asset
    I think the new eBay commission payout is a good thing and I think it was designed with that in mind. It will how ever stop the abusers.

BTW: How long before I loose the "Newbie" tag under my name ?

Total your eBay Commissions for Free: Click Here

Great tool, apex-auctions.

Nice tool.... now I need to start promoting ebay so I can use it. The only thing I suggest changing is the calculated CJ commission box. It needs some kind of border or highlighting to make it stand out better against the actual ebay fees that are also being calculated. Oh.... after messing with it some more... shouldn't it calculate commissions as zero if the final value fee is less than the reserve amount (since it wouldn't be a winning bid)?

(my 2c)

Quote Originally Posted by ticketguyz
    Nice tool.... now I need to start promoting ebay so I can use it. The only thing I suggest changing is the calculated CJ commission box. It needs some kind of border or highlighting to make it stand out better against the actual ebay fees that are also being calculated. Oh.... after messing with it some more... shouldn't it calculate commissions as zero if the final value fee is less than the reserve amount (since it wouldn't be a winning bid)?

(my 2c)

Give'em a new rope and they will still

Thanks for sharing!

Color me dain bramaged, but how do I determine whether or not the bid one of my visitors sent through is ultimately the winning bid?

I've downloaded the report for the month, and I see in the "Order_ID" column where the second number is the Ebay auction number. I'm assuming that I should try to match the Event Date with the bid history of the item on Ebay. The only problem is that in the CJ report the time is only reported down to the minute and not the second as reported on Ebay. So if there's a flurry of last-minute bidding there's no way to know if the bidder I sent was the winning bidder or not.

Or am I missing something?

Also, while I appreciate all the bells and whistles of the calculator (nice job, BTW), I wonder how much we will be able to determine from an ended auction. For example, how can we know if it was 10-day duration if a BIN was done, or if it was a scheduled listing? Also, in the case of BIN, how do we know what the minimum bid originally was? That affects the commission. For example an item that starts at $0.01 and is purchased via a $50 BIN results in $2.35 x .40 = $0.94, the same item starting at $25.00 and purchased via a $50 BIN results in $3.25 x .40 = $1.30, and if you don't put in a Starting Price, the calculator reports $2.05 x .40 = $0.82.

How are items sold via flat rate sale (not auctioned) handled?

I'm afraid we are going to be completely at the mercy of whatever information Ebay decides to give us about the auctions, with no way at all to corroborate the accuracy of the numbers used to calculate our commissions...
    Last edited by dharding; September 21st, 2005 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by apex-auctions
    BTW: How long before I loose the "Newbie" tag under my name ?
    It's a secret. But, keep posting ... you're almost there.

Don't forget eBay's Town Hall teleconference today! I got a reminder E-mail about it. Anyone with questions, or anyone with an interest in the new changes should participate.

Hopefully some important questions will be answered.

My eBay sales and registrations are way down the past month or so, I have no idea why. Traffic and clicks are the same, but bids, BINs, and ACRUs have tanked. I can't believe there isn't a problem somewhere in the pipeline.

Andy

If you're promoting auctions that are so in demand that there are a lot of last-minute bids, your commission will tend towards zero. The more bidders, the less chance you have of the winning bid being yours. And, as someone mentioned, sniping pretty much wipes out commissions.

I would say that if people are promoting high-ticket, high-demand items on eBay, it will be a long and frustrating period. Sure, you might get lucky and score big, but most of the time you're going to be shut out.

The people who win here are those who promote items that don't get too much attention, but sell pretty frequently. Buy-it-now is going to be key, but since many of those are from eBay stores, the commission is going to be pitifully low.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    It's a secret. But, keep posting ... you're almost there.
    Ah... Thanks for Sharing.. Now I just need to wait...

LOL! Your wait is over. You have officially reached Member status.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Don't forget eBay's Town Hall teleconference today! I got a reminder E-mail about it. Anyone with questions, or anyone with an interest in the new changes should participate.

Hopefully some important questions will be answered.

My eBay sales and registrations are way down the past month or so, I have no idea why. Traffic and clicks are the same, but bids, BINs, and ACRUs have tanked. I can't believe there isn't a problem somewhere in the pipeline.

Andy
    My sales and commish have also been donw. then my leads will come in a huge batch strange to say the least... Tell us what you found out.

Tell us what you found out.
    Apex,

There's another thread about the call: eBay Conference Call thread - some good information, but we'll just have to wait and see how it goes after October 1st.

Andy

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread