Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Dream Cruise megatonloh's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2005
    Location
    Look East
    Posts
    418
    Does your webpage load very slow when using LS links
    When I used the Dynamic Rich Media link on my page, it loads very slowly. I tested it by adding it and removing it, and the page load very fast when I remove the Dynamic Rich Media link.

    Anyone using it and their page is loading ok or is there any way that I can adjust the link so that it will not slow down my page.

  2. #2
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Posts
    17,328
    DRMs, for closeout merchnats like Overstock, are great necessary creatives. I've yelled at OS and Linkshare that the OS DRMs are page load hogs for 2 years. Not one peep back from them. The text DRMs are horribly slow as if running on a throwaway old Pentium 100MHZ server.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

    "What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

  3. #3
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    I've noticed my pages drag right at the linkshare banner points, if there is one. Wassup with that?!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  4. #4
    Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2005
    Posts
    546
    Sup all.......The banished one is Back.

    So when I am not a dirty two timing Shill (LinkShare/CJ) I develop.

    The problem you maybe having is Amish Servers located in PA, the worst!

    Like Harrison Ford in that Amish flick....their aint be no electricity.

    So they create their own (How SHMART) by peddling on an electrobike (so SuperSonic)

    But here is the fundamental problem.......

    When the Amish folk go for lunch, they stop peddling their bikes, which stops the generator from turning, which obviously shuts down the servers, which makes the linkies not workie.

    So confuscious say......Make Sure Server....Not in PA.

    Like Duhey

  5. #5
    Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    12,360
    Quote Originally Posted by M_Diddy
    Sup all.......The banished one is Back.

    So when I am not a dirty two timing Shill (LinkShare/CJ) I develop.

    The problem you maybe having is Amish Servers located in PA, the worst!

    Like Harrison Ford in that Amish flick....their aint be no electricity.

    So they create their own (How SHMART) by peddling on an electrobike (so SuperSonic)

    But here is the fundamental problem.......

    When the Amish folk go for lunch, they stop peddling their bikes, which stops the generator from turning, which obviously shuts down the servers, which makes the linkies not workie.

    So confuscious say......Make Sure Server....Not in PA.

    Like Duhey
    LOL LOL LOL Diddy - missed you!
    Peace,

    Rexanne

    Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic


  6. #6
    Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2005
    Posts
    546
    Been there

    Done that

    Lost the server

    Diddy

  7. #7
    2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    St Clair Shores MI.
    Posts
    17,328
    It's about time Linksahre purged all the obsolete SKU's from the product databases like those of Overstock and Walmart. In the past (before Linksynergy reports) affiliates could look back in the prior years and see what products sold best this time of year. That was the excuse for keeping millions of discountinued items. No longer does this excuse exist. Purge out the crap or get faster DRM servers tied only to current items.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

    "What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

  8. #8
    Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,040
    Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    When I used the Dynamic Rich Media link on my page, it loads very slowly. I tested it by adding it and removing it, and the page load very fast when I remove the Dynamic Rich Media link.

    Anyone using it and their page is loading ok or is there any way that I can adjust the link so that it will not slow down my page.
    Yep.

    Between that and the text based DRM's not showing up at all more than half the time I have quit using them.
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

  9. #9
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by ecomcity
    DRMs, for closeout merchnats like Overstock, are great necessary creatives. I've yelled at OS and Linkshare that the OS DRMs are page load hogs for 2 years. Not one peep back from them. The text DRMs are horribly slow as if running on a throwaway old Pentium 100MHZ server.
    Web sites all over the Internet are getting overloaded with graphics as well as being poorly coded with bloatware. I am now seeing web pages with over a 100 graphics per page.

    Not everyone can afford a T1 line to connect to the Internet to quickly download the ever increasing number of time wasting page load resource hogs.

    RadarCat, Webmaster
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

  10. #10
    ABW Ambassador
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2005
    Location
    Nunya, Business
    Posts
    23,684
    I use the DRMS when i have pages that load to fast.

  11. #11
    ABW Ambassador Vrindavan's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2003
    Posts
    1,902
    >>Dynamic Rich Media

    Incredibly Slow Media (ISM) = use it at your own risk

  12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. CJ Very Slow Load?
    By Abigail in forum Commission Junction - CJ
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
  2. Advertise on Adwords? Do your Pages load slow? Better watch out
    By HardwareGeek in forum Midnight Cafe'
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM
  3. Includes question..do too many slow page load?
    By flamingoworld in forum Programming / Datafeeds / Tools
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 8th, 2004, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •