Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I don't want to deal with CJ :mad:

Any particular reason you want to share?

pauk74,

Welcome!

quote:
    I don't want to deal with CJ

Why not?

Haiko

Perhaps is because cj alows conversions for 2 or 3 days early in the month, 2 or 3 days between the 15 and 20 and two days near the end. All other days are 0. This has been occuring since September. It is a regular pattern.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    It is a regular pattern
    Not for everyone.

What's your traffic level like and where is it coming from?

I have around 400 uniques per day with about 700 to 800 page views. Traffic is 99% search engine from keywords based on the content. I send over 300 merchant hits per day to cj.

That all from one site or across several?

quote:
    I don't want to deal with CJ

Don't then. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

They are on one site. I can use the pattern as a calander. I go as many as 3000 cj merchant hits between conversions. The days it works it does ok.

Ok, so why not try to build some more sites with completely different themes and merchants.. you gotta diversify and get that traffic up and the bad days wont be so bad any more.. one site might convert at weekends, another do well in the mornings with the office workers.. and so on. If you rely on free traffic you need an page optimizer, wordtracker subscription, and plenty of recip links.. anything to push your pages up the list.. maybe you already do this.

You miss the point completly spiderman. Statisitically this pattern is impossible on a random basis. It means absolutly that cj is cheating this affilaite and no doubt hundreds of others. There are a few appoligists out there (most on this board) that do make good money. You continue to appologize for cj in fear of losing your own revenue. I can understand your fear butwhy not just keep your mouth shut instead of shilling for these aholes.

Freesurf, do merchants who batch sales show a similar pattern too?

I

There are alot of other networks out there, pick one. I don't remember the last time there was a day with no CJ transactions at all, on either side.

I'll "shill" for them, they've been "shilling" out for a very long time now. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Freesurf, Do you really think they are singling you out of a couple hundred thousand affilates and only allowing you to process transactions a few set days of the month? Reminds me of a certain black helicopter theory. Sorry, but really now, volume in a niche category is the key. Of course, If you are using merchants that dont track then you won't get far.

CJ isn't trying to keep you from making money. The more you make, the more they make.

Bassmaster,

Well said. Thanks for sticking with logic.

I couldn't have said it better. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

That pattern will not repeat itself on a random basis every month for six months. You guys may know the internet but you do not know statistics. In 1999 I signed up with chipshot.com I am a golfer so I let all of them know about the great deals. Many went to my site and purchased. When I did not get credit I called chipshot with the order numbers and they informed me no affilate ID was associated with them. I asked who recieved credit and they informed me the person that took the order. There is a lot of money out there and not everybody is honest. There is nothing to stop someone at cj from doing the same and cj will never check on it because they get their fee. There would be no scumware or parisiteware if everyone were honest. Of coarse you will shill for them I don't really blame you. However when you choose to ignore the obivious it only increases the chances that one day it will affect you. It is so easy to blame the website. It makes you look so bright.

a

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: SpaceBandit ]

psychomantis
    I will answer any questions you have via e-mail, Have a great day.

"There is nothing to stop someone at cj from doing the same and cj will never check on it because they get their fee.".....

If CJ just got the $250 per month from all advertisers they couldn't pay the bills.

If transactions only worked on predetermined days then larger affilates wouldn't be there, thus level of transactions would go way down.

If they were just wanting to collect the monthly minimums then why would they publish EPC and chargeback numbers?

I didn't blame the site, and I'm not trying to look "bright". Everyone knows that people from Arkansas don't have a clue so why would you believe anything I said. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

As far as the other networks, I use practically all of them. CJ is still the best, by far.

ABW Ambassador
    Actually, I do know quite a bit about statistics and what I can tell you is that you haven't provided enough information here, statistically, to even raise an eyebrow. To suggest that people are ignoring important information is to suggest that you've provided important information -- you haven't.

I'm not saying you don't have important information to share, just that you haven't shared it.

Maybe everyone who visits your site is on a bi-monthly paycheck and you get sales when they get paid. Maybe your site is down except on the days that you get sales. Maybe your web host is limiting outside traffic to your site except for those days of the month.

Credible ideas? As credible as the one you've provided -- don't fuss at us about not understanding statistics when you've provided no credible statistical analysis.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Statisitically this pattern is impossible on a random basis.

Statistically, *anything* is possible on a random basis. That's what makes it random.

a

[ 04-26-2002: Message edited by: SpaceBandit ]

Freesurf,

Just to add my ,

I know EXACTLY of what your speaking of ... I HAVE seen it also ... but never on a per day / month basis, only on a % basis. I will do everything I can for us all if you supply some solid numbers, I swear that to us all! notwithstanding ... I will say this ... N/O Lex [img]tongue.gif[/img] ... since Jeff took over (Jan Stats), it appears that most of the BS with stats HAVE changed!

Haiko

I have stayed quiet on this subject every time I read someone saying that cj is robbing them (usually it's people who have never posted before). It seems to me, more likely that it is the merchant people are picking to advertise that just can't convert untargeted traffic. I not saying cj doesn't have some issues with tracking but I feel they are making an honest attempt to figure out what the problem is.

I will try to address each of your comments in order. This is difficult because other than Haiko it is some what like talking to Cosby's kids.

Bassmaster
    If an employee at cj wants to substitute an id from a friends site for the one that recieved the sale cj gets the commision. the friendly website gets the sale. Your other statements do not warrent comment.

Cedric
    This is a board where nobody gives up anything. Not their url, their merchants, their page name, sats, nothing. I am not trying to prove any thing to you. I made a comment based on my data. It is a red flag.
    All of your maybes are laughable such as my server being down. By the way what grade are you in?

Buckworks
    Impossible and statisitcally impossible are two different things. People win the lottery even though it is statistcally impossible for an individual ticket win.

psychomantis
    just leave the mantis off of your handle.

runrun
    I have posted here before.

To all. I have no intention of leaving cj as they remain the best company. You should learn to recognize warnings (red flags) in anything you do. The world is a bell curve. There are people on both ends in every walk of life form priests to laywers. Each of you assumes that the bottom end of the curve could never apply to anybody employed by cj.
    Keep your eyes closed and good luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast