Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    Great news!!
    Not that it really matters to anyone here, but today marks one week ago that I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

I am telling everyone I know, even those I only virtually know, so that if we ever meet and you see me smoke you have the right to rag me unmercifully.

For anyone interested, Nicorette gum (4 mg) is doing the trick. I have traded a pack and a half of cigarettes a day for 4 - 5 pieces of gum a day. In a few weeks, I will ween myself off the gum and it'll be a done deal.

I can already breathe a LOT better and can hit notes vocally that I only dreamed of hitting a year ago.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Not that it really matters to anyone here, but today marks one week ago that I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!

I am telling everyone I know, even those I only virtually know, so that if we ever meet and you see me smoke you have the right to rag me unmercifully.

For anyone interested, Nicorette gum (4 mg) is doing the trick. I have traded a pack and a half of cigarettes a day for 4 - 5 pieces of gum a day. In a few weeks, I will ween myself off the gum and it'll be a done deal.

I can already breathe a LOT better and can hit notes vocally that I only dreamed of hitting a year ago.
    Good for you Unc! I tried that nasty gum years ago and decided I'd rather smoke that chew that awful tasting crap but glad it's working for you. It DOES give us smokers hope. Thanks for sharing!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    WTG, Unk.

I quit smoking...four times. The longest I've ever gone has been three months.

Hypnotism helped a lot.

The last time I quit smoking I started sleep-walking and that completely freaked me out, so back to the smokes I went. I'm such a wimp.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    WTG, Unk.

I quit smoking...four times. The longest I've ever gone has been three months.

Hypnotism helped a lot.

The last time I quit smoking I started sleep-walking and that completely freaked me out, so back to the smokes I went. I'm such a wimp.
    I quit for 2 years back in the 90's.
    I went to college later in life, started when I was 30. Within two weeks of starting college I was back to a pack a day
    Something about studying and smoking...

Congrats UncleScooter!

I hope you can continue your smoke free life. Just think about your new fresh breath and how happy your lungs must be!! Just keep that stress down to a minimum and exercise a lot.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    UncleScooter,

Not that it really matters to anyone here,
    Yes it does, Congrats.

You can do it!!!!!!!

Congratulations!
    I'm glad the gum is working for you but keep in mind it only takes one smoke to get you back into it.....so chew, chew, chew until the craving goes away.

Rexanne: Good for you Unc! I tried that nasty gum years ago and decided I'd rather smoke that chew that awful tasting crap but glad it's working for you
    I tried the gum and now it doesn't taste as bad as it used to. They have fruit flavors and a really delicious mint. It tastes good now!
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    Way to go!

Congratulations!
    ~Michelle
    "All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy."
    "Work to become, not to acquire." -- Confucius

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Once you are off the gum, 3 days is a critical point - shoot for that initially.

2 weeks is another critical point - shoot for that after the 3 day mark.

To keep the temptation down, always say to yourself "smoking makes me feel tired and robs me of my energy but not smoking makes me feel more energetic". This gives you and immediate reward for not smoking. A regular exercise program that can be as simple as a long brisk walk is very helpful too.

Just noting to yourself that "smoking may kill me" often only produces anxiety which can cause you to want to smoke more. There is no immediate reward to you with this thinking but rather immediate stress.

Going on 10 yrs now for my ex-tobacco habit!
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Congratulations and keep it up! Only two more days til the worst of it's over and since you made it through yesterday - that's the absolute worse!

Applauding & cheering for you

Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Congrats Scoot...

Here is more motivation to continue smoke free...

"Think about your wonderful kids, they won't have to see you wheezing away in a hospital bed dying from lung cancer or emphesima in 30 years"

WTG !!
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Congrats. My wife quit about 7 months ago and hasn't cheated once since. Good luck.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    wow...now that motivates me to do the same.......!!!!!!

Susan H. Arts
    Vice President, Business Development & Marketing
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    www.ShareResults.com
    susan@shareresults.com

as they say in the states,, way to go scoot
    keep it up , you have gone this far, so dont cave-in now..
    Find us at shareasale.com 12% commission
    Shareasale Merchant 7191
    PLAZAN SKIN CARE As seen on TV . Used by Jennifer Lopez

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BrattyKitty

I tried the gum and now it doesn't taste as bad as it used to. They have fruit flavors and a really delicious mint. It tastes good now!
    Thanks BK! Good to know. :-)
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

WTG UncleS, keep it up. Rexanne now you don't have any excuse, lots of yummy flavors out there. My Dad was a heavy smoker, died aged 36, that was enough reason for me never to start smoking.

That is FANTASTIC. The longer you can go, the more it will seem too far to go back. I know that my husband actually chewed that gum for a LONG time before he could quit, but when it came time, cold turkey was the way to go. It's been about a year and a half for him and he can't believe the difference it has made in his daily quality of life. Plus, hopefully that means that he'll be around to be with me for longer.

Keep it up, and hang tough. It is worth it!!!

Sheri

Congrats scooter,

I have only quit once in my life and that was for only around 3 days. It's not an easy thing to do. The 3 days or so that I did quit was also with the gum. I tried about a year or so ago with the gum which isn't as cheap as it use to be but only tried about 4 peices of it and didn't like it. I should of bought the flavored gum. I'm going to give it a shot soon and try thr losenges and see how that works. Keep it up!!!

but today marks one week ago that I QUIT SMOKING!!!!!
    Good job, brother...just concentrate on getting through the next hour/day at a time. Don't worry about beyond that.
    I smoked 35 years. I am off cigs 1 1/2 years now.
    Ain't easy, but it can be done.
    "The character of a man is known from his conversations."
    Menander (342 BC - 292 BC)

Way to go UncleScooter! I'm proud of you... keep up the good work!
    [SIZE="2"][LEFT][B]David Culpepper, SubscriptionAgent.com[/B]
    [URL=http://www.subscriptionagent.com/aff/index.html]Affiliate Program Info[/URL] | E: [email=david@subscriptionagent.com]david@subscriptionagent.com[/email] | [URL=http://twitter.com/dculpepper]Twitter[/URL] | [URL=http://www.facebook.com/DavidCulpepper]Facebook[/URL]
    30% Commission & LIFETIME Cookie![/LEFT][/SIZE]

Kudos Scootster
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Take it from someone who has had heart-bypass surgery - Your's is the best kind of story!

Stay with it, it's worth it!

Fred

Internet Cowboy
    Thanks for all the support folks.
    One day at a time...that is the trick.
    Also...I quit fried food at the same time. That is proving to be harder than the smoking part. Being from Louisiana, I was raised on fried foods of all kinds.

I promise not to be one of those militant non-smoker types, but I encourage those out there who said they wanted to do the same to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    My congratulations! My father-in-law quit about half a year ago. Such a relief for the whole family...

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!

Geno

Quit smoking and fried foods, both at the same time? I hope that doesn't make it much harder on you. Wishing to shed a few pounds, and help support my wife with her newest diet plan, I decided to go through the Atkins Diet with her about a year ago. Perhaps something like that would help you stay away from the fried food since you get to eat a lot of meat. It worked wonders for me and I dropped about 35 pounds in like 3 months, all the while eating plenty of meat and didn't miss the carbs much. Working from home now and sitting on my duff for 15 hours a day I put some of those pounds back on so now I'm doing a "refresher" to drop about 20 pounds. I wish you the best and hope you succeed!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast