Question LS Linking question...
    I have been reading a lot of posts about changes to the LinkShare linking structure... I am pretty much lost.

Can someone point me in the right direction as to linking to individual products or merchant URLs at a LS Merchant site dynamically? (Not having to go to the LS website to get/create a new link everytime)

Lets say for Dell | Home I would want to link to here:

Or even if I know a SKU:
    Canon Powershot A520 4MP Digital camera

How can this be accomplished? I believe I saw somewhere that you can add the "&url=" to the LS code?

Or Is it only through the merchandiser program?

Thanks guys.

Newbie at tooting my own horn M_Diddy's Avatar
    I personally havent seen the new linking structure....I heard that it is gonna help though..

One thing to look at is that LS gets paid when we get paid, so it is in their best interest to protect us from all the things and people that cause us problems, such as nortons etc...

I hear that they will be custom to each affiliate or something along those thing for sure is that I personally am excited..

Affiliate Manager Alan Townsend's Avatar
    Woodridge, IL
    Hi Offerfind,

There are 2 ways to accomplish what you're trying to do:

1. Use DRM (Dynamic Rich Media) links from merchants (i.e. flash, banners, text links, search boxes, etc). These will be updated dynamically on your site once the merchant updates the creative. You will not have to update your site code.

2. Use Merchandiser product feeds.

As far as I know, you shouldn't be manipulating the actual LinkShare code in any way. The only time I've ever modified code was to remove the pixel due to layout issues, which LinkShare allows.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi Offerfind

I mailed you on how you can do that using the custom root URL and tagging the targeted landing page on the end of it.

Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 :::
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Thanks Chris! I'll take a look at it.

ABW Ambassador
    Los Angeles
    using the custom root URL and tagging the targeted landing page on the end of it.
    You mean there's another way, other than switching back and forth in the frames and repeated copying and pasting for each link?

Mansfield, TX
    But who knows whether those links will work in the future... Or whether we'll be able to use those methods to create links in the future... That's the question nobody seems to be able to get answered.
    Michael Coley
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread