Question Browsenode search extended?
    I have the following <script src="http://booksbycategory.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?script&mode=books&amp;browsenodesearch=4 ">

It returns the first 10.

At the bottom of the page is a button "More results." If I move my curser over it, the bottom of the computer screen has "&first=11" tacked onto the end. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

The DOCUMENTATION says, try adding "page=2" etc. But I have Way too many to be able to do that with all of them!

If I trasfer the command to IFRAME, then I don't have this problem, but (because of the program I am using this with) I end up with two verticle page movement devices.

What else can I do?

Linda (who a week ago didn't know where to put the ae-template information! )

Try:

http://booksbycategory.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?script&browsenodesearch=4

Note: In the URL, you had &amp; but that cause the parameter following it to be unrecognized (the parameter name becomes amp;browsenodesearch rather than browsenodesearch). The correct separator between parameters is the & character.

Note: When you use <SCRIPT>, the results of the <SCRIPT> will appear in the page. When the user clicks any of the self-referential AE links (links to ae.pl), AE will use the template(s) to display subsequent pages; it doesn't use the current page that your <SCRIPT> tag is in; that's what templates are for. If you want the current page to always be used then use an <IFRAME> instead of a <SCRIPT>; that's what <IFRAME> is for. The preferred method is template(s).

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Last edited by cusimano; September 23rd, 2005 at 08:31 PM.

Thanks!
    Thanks David! That's exactly what I needed!

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread