How may active ABW memebers?
    At certain weeks I see 100+ new members join ABW. I wonder, how many of us here are actively taking part in the forums (let's say: posting at least something, at least once a day). Don't you?

Geno

Hi Geno,
    I do post once in two days!! But I read posts every day...
    Last edited by harrymond; September 21st, 2005 at 08:51 AM. Reason: few correction
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

I would bet maybe 20% of the membership visit regularly... and less 10% are active...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Quote Originally Posted by my2cents
    I would bet maybe 20% of the membership visit regularly... and less 10% are active...

Joe
    Yeah Joe, You bet!!
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Question
    off topic, but for some reason I can no longer see how many lurkers can see these threads. and all summer (as soon as school was closed) the lurker count jumped by several hundred per day.

ABW Ambassador
    Define active.

Some members are very "active" but add little value to ABW.

Off topic BUT dmoz has 69,719 editors...

Geno,

Last week's stats:
    ==============
    Unique Visitors 28,431
    First Time Visitors 18,085
    Returning Visitors: 10,346

* this is only forum.abestweb/whatever pages and only the ones with the ABW header, not merchant, OPM or network specific. If I included those numbers it would be much more than double.
    ------------
    Herb,

Under the thread title your don't see the box with who's in this thread?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Good piece of info, Haiko.

Am I understanding everything correctly, thinking that these numbers are to be divided by 7 to get daily stats?

Geno

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Geno,

Last week's stats:
    ==============
    Unique Visitors 28,431
    First Time Visitors 18,085
    Returning Visitors: 10,346

* this is only forum.abestweb/whatever pages and only the ones with the ABW header, not merchant, OPM or network specific. If I included those numbers it would be much more than double.
    ------------
    Herb,

Under the thread title your don't see the box with who's in this thread?
    Haiko:
    that works fine, but I don't see the number of "guests" at the bottom of the forum where all members are listed.

I think only 1% (200 members) is an active poster. There are several reasons for this.

1) You don't get answers on many questions because we are also competitors. If you don't agree, post your secrets on how to make money and post your affiliate sites. If you don't want to post them, PM me if you are succesfull and how to do this. If my car doesn't want to start, I get answers in a car forum. Nobody minds. But affiliate help is limited. I understand; I am doing the same.
    2) We very often get off topic. Instead of starting a new thread, they post wathever they think of.
    3) We very often don't agree. If I have a datafeed problem, it always ends in discussion between if datafeeds are wrong or right.

I gotta post every day to be active? Well, I ain't gunna be active this weekend. Does that make me bad?
    Or, am I just no account?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    I think there are many of us who frequent the forum, but don't make many comments. Some don't because they are new and may not have a lot of knowledge, but are learning. Others because they realize that the answer they would give will probably be there before they can finish typing. Still others shy away in fear of getting trounced by one of the big egos that think they know the ONLY way.

It doesn't mean they are inactive (not here)....you just aren't hearing from them.

Ken MacKenzie

I don't post much anymore. I don't really know of any single reason. I do feel as though the true value of abestweb is to the newbies and merchants. Experienced affiliates do not tend to share their true money making secrets if you can say there are any "secrets".

Abestweb does have a good variety of general information and this is a good place to keep up on the latest in search engines and programming/design tips etc. but there are more specialized boards that offer as much or more helpfull information on many of those subjects. I also feel abestweb is too large now, has too many threads and specific boards but that seems to be the natural course of this type of business. Overall the navigation or keeping up on all the posts is too overwhelming and not worth the effort imo.

I fully agree with Heyder and wyvern. Those who are in this line usually frequent more than one forum. They will stick around if the resources they are seeking are available and leave once they cannot find anymore beneficial to them.

Sometimes we are afraid to post when new, fearing we may quote some wrong info or not right.

There are others who are seeking for cheap publicity like trying to put their site for linking purposes and leave once they found out that they cannot do so until they have posted a certain number of post.
    And of course thare are some naughty guys and spies lurking around.

Majority who stay and post are affiliates, AM and merchants who knows what they want.

I visit daily but not posting everyday and the one thing I seek are the news at affiliate lounge especially midnight cafe' and of course the individual network.

Great info, but so much time
    When I first got into this game I came to the forums sometimes two or three times a day. I would hit it first thing every morning before I got to work on my business. After I got more sites on line and had a much longer to-do list I found that the amount of time required to read all my favorite forums and post replies or questions was interferring with my progress.

I still visit, I learn, and I will try to post now and then. But I can't let it be so addictive any more. I was hooked on the forum, and neglected my sites. I'm still hooked, but I've learned to take it a little easier.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread