Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    SunBelt CounterSpy - changes to cookie treatment
    SunBelt CounterSpy has established relationships with a few affs here at ABestWeb - and listened to our concerns about CounterSpy deleting our affiliate cookies. I also visited their offices for a day and went into the details with them. They are changing things as we speak. Their folks have told me that the sunbelt program NOW (as of the 19th - 2 days ago) no longer deletes CJ or Linkshare cookies.

This is great news because the SunBelt CounterSpy product works best (wins awards for best cleaning), has an affiliate program (pays 50%) and is moving to become affiliate friendly.

Now, their AM emailed me on the 19th about the CJ and LinkShare cookie changes. I have worked with them and am happy to report they are getting information from none other than Ben Edelman concerning which cookies are of affiliate concern and need to be whitelisted. On top of that, the Affiliate Manager there (Mr. Sandy Vendebult) has told me their COO has approved this initiative to recognize OUR concerns and to make the changes to their ANTI-SPYWARE product so that our one concern, cookie treatment, becomes a favorable issue for us affiliates!!!!

It takes a couple of days for a present install of CounterSpy to update with the changes - I am waiting another day or so and then will test it myself to see how CounterSpy now handles CJ and LS cookies. I hope Kellie and many others test as well. I would guess that, given the complexity of the issue (liek the many CJ domain names used), that it won't be perfect on the first pass - but this is progress and we have their ear.

As Kellie and I and others test, I expect the news to unfold here at ABestWeb.

I am hopeful that we, as a community, will work with them to get the complete whitelist that we need for all affiliate cookies that we are concerned about.

And have an effective anti-spyware product we can recommend that kills the bad guys and lets us earn our affiliate income by leaving our cookies alone.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    For those that want to do some testing to confirm the first step made, and help join the collective voice (ABW ROCKS!!!) to recommend the next steps to SunBelt, step one was done on the 19th (2 days ago) and is summarized as:

Cookies Whitelisted by SunBelt CounterSpy:
    Commission-Junction.com
    LinkSynergy.com
    Qksrv.net

They were all tested in Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP Home and XP Pro.

The new definition version 236 will be available sometime on the 19th for downloading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are listening to us! Here's the CounterSpy product page:
    http://www.sunbelt-software.com/CounterSpy.cfm

I understand Sandy Vandebult (the affiliate manager for SunBelt Software) will be attending Andy Rodriguez's Affiliate Management seminar in Miami in late October:
    http://www.andyrodriguez.com/Affilia...-Miami-05.html
    I'll be there too.

Affiliate Manager lesliesunbelt's Avatar
    Hi there,

I just thought I would reply to this thread (better late than never!?!)

I am the new AM/IMM at Sunbelt Software. As merchants of a successful and honest affiliate program, I can tell you that we are committed to ensuring cookies from ethical affiliate programs are whitelisted and not deleted by CounterSpy. Our new firewall program does not delete cookies by default. There is an advanced setting (equivalent to Internet Explorer's advanced setting) that can be turned on by the user, but it is basically the same thing as turning that feature on in your browser.

You are welcome to search for your program's cookies on our Research Center. I don't think you'll find any (none of the majors, for sure), but if you do, you're welcome to email me and I will have it investigated and, if it's legitimate, I can assure you it will be whitelisted.

Donuts,

Thank you and the other affiliates that voices their opinion to Sunbelt.
    And Thank you Sunbelt for listening! Howdy and welcome to ABW Leslie!

Poopie with no Nubert today
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Thank you! Love the name, I cracked up when my email said Poopie Nubert had sent me a reply! It's great to be back on ABW with such a fun crowd!

Outsourced Program Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by lesliesunbelt
    Hi there,

I just thought I would reply to this thread (better late than never!?!)

I am the new AM/IMM at Sunbelt Software. As merchants of a successful and honest affiliate program, I can tell you that we are committed to ensuring cookies from ethical affiliate programs are whitelisted and not deleted by CounterSpy. Our new firewall program does not delete cookies by default. There is an advanced setting (equivalent to Internet Explorer's advanced setting) that can be turned on by the user, but it is basically the same thing as turning that feature on in your browser.

You are welcome to search for your program's cookies on our Research Center. I don't think you'll find any (none of the majors, for sure), but if you do, you're welcome to email me and I will have it investigated and, if it's legitimate, I can assure you it will be whitelisted.
    Oh man, you're gonna do well here.

Welcome!

Nice move! I'm currently evaluating your iHateSpam product and so far I love it. I first tried McAfee's Spamkiller but the main it killed was my PC and the options were sparse. Looks like iHateSpam is the anti-spam solution I've been looking for.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Outsourced Program Manager
    Cookies Whitelisted by SunBelt CounterSpy:
    Commission-Junction.com
    LinkSynergy.com
    Qksrv.net
    You should definitely tout this in your affiliate center.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I've been pushing Counterspy and IHateSpam since your affiliate program was first announced.. It would be nice to have some banners and text link creatives as I had to make my own. Great 50% commission rate and your corporate enterprise products are competitively priced too. Look over ABW to learn what works with affiliates to help sell your products. Landing pages and nifty creatives enticing clicks are pretty standard fair.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Hey ecomcity,

Email me at affiliate@sunbelt-software.com with your ID or registration email and I will get you links to creatives pronto!

We have some really nice animated banners out there now!

I sent you the info you requested. To make it easier for affiliates to signup and get creatives post a link to your in-house program, as you don't appear at Kolimbo or Kowabunga.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Special Liaison
    Sunbelt are in Kolimbo.com here - http://www.kolimbo.com/merchants/cli...p?ClientID=726

I see my log-in link to Sunbelt's software is http://www.myaffiliateprogram.com/u/hatespam/login.htm and I have now found the seperate log-in info to the Kolimbo account. Now I see those new animated creatives.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread