Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Angry Whose Linkshare ID is this?
    vWibBwTimgE

I have some type of parasite/spyware whatever crud application on my computer that I cannot find in any scan anywhere. I have tried EVERYTHING yet I am still gettting pop ups ( about 50 a day, overstock, ad programs, linkshare, etc). it is not even DETECTED with adaware, spyware search, norton, search and destroy, trendmicro, etc...Not sure how this crud got on my computer but the page to join linkshare pops up when I log into CJ and this id is associated.. I want this off of my computer, can anyone help?

Thanks!

hmmmm . . . that ID doesn't show in documents at any of the major search engines. I wonder if it was first planted in a 180 install set from a while back and it is still installing but the data is so old the account doesn't exist any more.

just a thought; I thought the IDs from LS has more random numbers than that. somehow I don't think that ID is LS-related; may be just a session number from a server.

you may have picked up a trojan.

Lightbulb
    have you tried any of the online virus checkers? before you do, see if there is a sample "hosts" file in your computer (it's a windows thing) and if so see if there are references to anything other than [localhost 127.0.0.1]

some times a trojan or virus plants information in the hosts file to make the url of an antivirus company map to 127.0.0.1 which means when you go to the company's site your computer thinks it is inside your computer and you get nothing. the instance above for localhost is OK, but anything else you can delete and then save the file.

then try housecall.antivirus.com for a free scan.

might work

I did do the housecall, I have done about everything, it did find whenu ( which I never installed BTW) and a host of other stuff but supposedly it was cleaned) I am waiting again for the pop up on linkshare... I am actually in CJ but the page to join LS pops up automatically and it appears to be a site id, but I will paste the whole string here when I see it again. THANKS )

Talking
    sounds like you have a teenager in the house

no one uses the computer but me, ha ha! The most frequent popup I get is
    "WinAntivirus Pro" trying to automatically install.
    http://antispyware.winantivirus.com/...vtop&lid=&ax=2
    ?aid=vm_fm_wavtop
    ( is that an affiliate id there?)

Just got the linkshare pop up again:

hard to get the whole url in, here it is broken

https://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/reg
    /sregister.shtml?offerid=7097&mid=560&
    siteid=vWibBwTimgE-kd.Bnu&no_r=1

I just got this again
    https://ssl.linksynergy.com/php-bin/reg/
    sregister.shtml?offerid=7097&mid=560&
    siteid=vWibBwTimgE-scYDnu&no_r=1

so if the last part is changed it might not be an id?
    Why would I get "join linkshare" pop ups when I am going to log into CJ?

GRRR
    Last edited by Anne; September 21st, 2005 at 12:25 PM.

Lightbulb
    odd-looking affil ID there, and there is a LS merchant ID showing: maybe Linkshare would like to deal with it . . .

15 years and counting
    Looks like a legit LinkShare affiliate ID. I'm sure an AM with LS programs have the possibility to find who's taking the money home. Clark at OS may be willing to help. Did you ask Kelli to investigate? I feel sorry for you, I've been thru that and it's not an experience you want to share with friends.

This part: http://antispyware.winantivirus.com...avtop&lid=&ax=2
    ?aid=vm_fm_wavtop
    ( is that an affiliate id there?)

the wavtop part is some sort of mp3/movie player. the fm part leads me to think it's mp3. Looks like some sort of music/media player installed on your machine might be causing this?

Here's an article that may help you remove it.
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

Thanks everyone, I am trying these suggestions , none are helping sadly but I appreciate the help

ABW Ambassador
    http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...ghlight=mygeek

I saw mygeek in your post before you edited so i figured that would be it.

yes
    I was trying to post only the initial redirect part and had deleted. You may be right, I am going to read that board,
    Here is the first part of lots of the urls in the pop ups ( not all but some)
    http://62.4.84.53/trafc/
    I am having 40+ windows pop up at once frequently. It has taken three tries to get back to this page and post this. I am not sure how to determine who this is but I am sure someone here will know with that info. I am going to have to restore my computer at this point, this is too much grief. But it would be nice to know WHO is doing this and using a linkshare id in the process.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I can find out, they are not in any of our programs so it'll take me 12-24 hours to get the info, but I'll get it

cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Okay make that 10 minutes

adonnetwork.com AKA mygeek.com.

Got any video or screen shots I can send them on to LS.

These guys are scum, they contacted us to ask why we wouldn't let them in, so we told them it is because they use BHO and Adware (as listed on their site) so what did they do.... removed the info from their site... not from their marketing practices....

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Ok I have one but it is too big to upload, this has the ip id in it
    Last edited by Anne; September 21st, 2005 at 09:16 PM.

Click the Print Screen button on your keyboard (might be called Prt Sc)

Then paste into a word doc

Cheers

Chris

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Anne,

Adonnetwork is a loose network of many different parasites. So while the ID may be tied to mygeek (the folks who seem to kind of coordinate the network), it doesn't help you with which parasite is on your computer. It could be one of several.

You can PM me a hijackthis log and I'll look and see if I can tell what the culprit files are.

Thanks Kellie. All yours

Thanks Kellie I deleted most of the spyware programs today because the pop up activity is unbearable. I was worried I had actually installed MORE crud by trying to find out what this is. I am going to have to restore tonight, just trying to clean out my mailbox first because that seems to disappear when I do a restore to an earlier date. When I first started this I did have coolsearchbar and Whenu, when they were deleted, I thought they had all been taken care of, but something is still hiding. I have a screen shot of the pop ups which is 319.0 KB. in size, and I can do a screenshot of the linkshare one before I restore. The thing is, this is just CRAZY that people are doing this to people online. If I can't figure out what is up after being online for 7 years, who knows what all of those new shoppers do when this happens!

I am wondering if this is it, I keep getting this pop up as well:
    http://spywarewarrior.com/viewtopic....6c581c5ccfbb1c

try webroot spy sweeper
    webroot.com has a program called spy sweeper which has a fully functional 15 day trial. it is a cnet recommended program, as well as recommended by pc mag and pc world. it rescued my computer. there is also an equally effective program to try called counter spy. both of these work better than adaware, spybot , housecall or other purely free services. and they both offer fully functional trials.

thanks, doing the free scan now...

How did the scan work out? Just curious.

It said I had a specific trojan, and so I went to the tool to remove it, and it said to turn off my system restore, then run the removal tool. I ran the removal tool which told me I did not have it on my system. I turned back on the system restore and realized I had lost any effort to ever restore my computer to a date earlier than last night. Today the pop ups are all over again and I can't restore my computer unless I return it to original factory settings with the reformat disks. Thanks for the advice, I was at the point to try anything. I just reinstalled hijack this and sent a log to Kellie, she can probably figure it out in seconds, ugh!!! I 'obliviously' have not!!! This is sneaky whatever it is.
    Last edited by Anne; September 22nd, 2005 at 01:55 PM.

I just found this
    Spyware.Look2Me

after finding a coolwebsearch removal tool, it scanned for other components missed and that was missed when I deleted this crud and WHENU ( have NO idea how they got on my computer) a couple of weeks ago. I am crossing my fingers this was it, this is almost like a soap opera.

Ugh no, another pop up just now ARGH!
    http://adv1.eblocs.com/bundle1/index...fl=mygeekB_001

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast