Aloha Airlines - On the verge of screwing everyone
    If your an Aloha airlines affiliates, you no doubt have noticed the last 2 months of commisions lock but not close. At first i thought it was the CJ upgrade and the fact they started out in late July that the commisions did not close. They didn't close again this month (the only merchant i have that has not closed). I contacted CJ through AAQ and their response was that Aloha had not funded their account and that they were in contact with them to resolve the problem. I contacted the AM for aloha, and got non commital response about the state of the airline business these days and usually payouts are 90 days to agents, high fuel costs, blah, blah, blah. In short, IMO it seems they will not be paying unless some legalese happens from CJ to get the cash.

Nice eh? It's only around $100 in my case and i spent about 30 to make it so i can live with the loss as it goes with the business we are in. Just letting you know to drop or avoid them.

Once again, CJ extending credit on our behalf without letting us know...

CJ requires most merchants to maintain a positive balance in their escrow account. Affiliates rely on this. If CJ is going to extend credit to a merchant (especially without letting affiliates know), they should be the ones to take the financial risk.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

I was very vocal about a similar event I had where CJ extended credit to the merchant....we thought we were going to get paid....then merchant drops out and we don't get paid.

I like CJ overall, but this one item has been a big thorn in my side. Sadly, when one merchant like this leaves it has only minimal impact and CJ just rides out the storm of criticism until it's over without changing the way they do business. Here again, another merchant is allowed to keep doing business, we keep adding up comissions and I bet you anything they drop their affiliate program and guess who will be holding the bag of empty commission promises. Yep, the affiliates.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Once again, CJ extending credit on our behalf without letting us know...

CJ requires most merchants to maintain a positive balance in their escrow account. Affiliates rely on this. If CJ is going to extend credit to a merchant (especially without letting affiliates know), they should be the ones to take the financial risk.
    Michael,

I so agree with you but what we hear back from CJ when this happens is that they don't get paid either. Well, that's just poor management of their company if they think that way. Either require a bigger escrow or shut them down quicker instead of waiting 60 days out to discover everyone has been screwed.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread