How to approach vendor for exclusive product?
    (Wasn't real sure where to post this - probably coz it's a bit off topic for the forums in general)

I have run across a product that I would like to feature on my site. It's presently custom made, though there isn't really anything custom about it other than that its made on demand.

Not having any experience making deals, I don't really know what to say to this person. Her site design skills seem to be somewhat limited so I'm not sure how we would go about tracking any sales I would send her.

This isn't something that would sell like millions, but it is a very unique and niche product that I want to get my fingers into. I think with the right type and amount of promotion, many more could be sold than what is now.

Can anyone offer me any guidance?

Thanks,
    Suzie
    I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Bud Lite than Kay.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suzie250
    (Wasn't real sure where to post this - probably coz it's a bit off topic for the forums in general)

I have run across a product that I would like to feature on my site. It's presently custom made, though there isn't really anything custom about it other than that its made on demand.

Not having any experience making deals, I don't really know what to say to this person. Her site design skills seem to be somewhat limited so I'm not sure how we would go about tracking any sales I would send her.

This isn't something that would sell like millions, but it is a very unique and niche product that I want to get my fingers into. I think with the right type and amount of promotion, many more could be sold than what is now.

Can anyone offer me any guidance?

Thanks,
    Suzie
    What I do when I find a great product I think will sell online is persuade the merchant to set up an affil program and then be one of the first to jump on it. :-) You could also offer to link to the site/products for a monthly fee or set up a shopping cart or form for the products and take orders directly then pass them on to the merchant and get a % of sales. Or code the link and trust the merchant to pay you a commish if they're able to track that link to sales. Someone else might have a much better answer but good luck!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread