Question Contemplating launching our Affiliate Program (Hoping for some feedback?)
    Hello,

My name is Jesse with a small U.S. based manufacturer of fine leather goods: SOLESU leather goods. We design/produce all our leather goods including leather belts, bags, caps, watchbands, and wristbands. All our leather goods are designed in house and produced in the heartland of America (Belleville, IL). We also offer hundreds of belt buckles from around the world that cater to wide diversity.

I have been asked to research the possibility of launching an affiliate program and was hoping to get any feedback from any current SAS merchants, or affiliates, or administrators on such a program. Would affiliates pick up such a company as an affiliate? Does SAS generate large number of affiliate sign ups for you? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I believe our selling point would be our products are genuine leather, made in the usa, and unique to the traditional market. Our products are currently only available online and in specialty boutiques so it is a unique opportunity.

I look forward to hearing from everyone.

Jesse L. Rye
    SOLESU leather goods
    benchmade in the heartland of America

Hee hee ... I see Brian here ... bet you he's itching to comment

As an affiliate I like shareasale even though it's smaller than some other networks.
    There is a big trust/loyalty thing with them. Stand up guy, running a stand up company.
    Also, they work with you (affiliates and merchants) to make things better all the time.
    From what I hear in other threads, there is good fast support and their fees are definitely smaller for merchants than the "big boys" but they still offer many comparable services.
    Did I mention the trust issue?
    Good network for those with programs of any size and for those just starting out and it's only getting better.

edited to clarify
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I share popdawg's trust in Brian. I met him down in Miami at Andy's Affiliate Management Seminar and got to spend a little time geting to know him. Attending such seminars and making himslef personally available to people running new programs (no other networks presented at Andy's gig), speaks volumes. And his presentation was about an issue near and dear to me - parasites and how to identify affiliates in your program who aren't playing by the rules. Now ask yourself what that'll mean to us affiliates as you try and recruit power affiliates into your program - having a ShareASale sign over your virtual door beats the heck out of the other network choices!

Internet Cowboy
    SAS is the best deal in affiliate marketing (from both sides of the desk) in my opinion.
    It sounds like you have some nice stuff. Make sure to spend the few bucks (no idea what it costs) to announce your program here on ABW if/when you launch it.
    Best of luck!!

Affiliate Manager
    Jesse,

Welcome to ABW!

I highly recommend ShareaSale. The low startup and revshare costs are a major factor. Put those savings back into your affiliate program.

ShareaSale is dependable and reputable. Set up is easy. Its interface is effective and easy to use to manage your program.

However, you can't expect to simply join ShareaSale and watch the affiliate revenue come in. Make sure you create an affiliate-friendly program with a site that converts visitors into customers and make sure you actively participate in ABW and communicate effectively with the affiliate community.

Hope this helps
    Shawn - Nature Hills Nursery, Inc.
    Contact Info: aol im: sms10221975 | shawn"at"naturehills.com | icq: 106-663-985
    Join the Nature Hills affiliate program now | Earn 15% per sale | 365-day Cookie

Some good advice here. Don't get hung up on the large number of affiliates thought. First, you strive for a good number of producing affiliates and not just a total large number. Many will join and never do much of anything and may take up a lot of your time. Also, don't rely solely on the network, like SAS, to get your affiliates. Think of your affiliate program like a brand and sell it. Best of luck!
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Jesse,

Should you need any questions answered about the network itself, capabilities/features, etc... you can contact me here or Sales @ (312) 321-0487 / shareasale at shareasale.com
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Affiliate Manager
    Jesse,

ShareASale is not without its faults, but so does basically every affiliate program on the market today. My biggest issues (from a merchant POV) is the severe lack of documentation about using the website. The merchant screens can be frustrating to navigate, HOWEVER even in the few months that we've worked with SAS they have addressed several key issues.

However, even with all that said and done, I can say with confidence that ShareASale is probably the best value in the affiliate industry. Keep your program up to date, keep your account well funded, and make the best (competitive) deal you reasonably can for your affiliates and you'll be successful.

All the best!

Dave

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Hi Jesse,

Absolutely SAS. I would love the opportunity to add your products to my site. The sooner the better. I'll look for you on SAS soon! :-)

Good luck with your program!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread