Ebay conference call...
    The few big things I took away from the Ebay conference call:

1. ACRUs will still be a 30-day cookie, revenue-share cookie will be 7 days.

2. You get revenue share for ALL winning bids and BINs placed within the 7-day window, not just the first one (assuming your cookie is not overwritten in the interim).

3. Reversals are a-comin' and may be more than 30 days after the fact.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, so they went back on no more reversals.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    ...may be more than 30 days after the fact.
    Does that mean all Ebay commish will be extended for 30 days? Hope that's not the case.

I think it just means to not plan on the money being there until after 30 days have passed. I don't mind a few reversals, based on the reasons given on the call. I don't expect to be paid if a deadbeat bidder refuses to cough up the cash.

I don't think there will be that many reversals, except for affiliates who target items that are especially susceptible to deadbeat bidders.

I feel better after the call, but I'm going to take a wait and see attitude about it all. If income drops off big time, I just don't think it will be worth the effort.

Andy

Question...

So if a user clicks from your site and bids on a new auction... During the next 8 days the original user is out bid by another user. On the 8th day, the original user goes back to ebay, but directly to ebay this time (not from your site). The original user then places a higher bid, which ends up winning. No commission?

No commission for you in the case since the cookie was set more than 7 days ago.

ABW Ambassador
    Missed it.

Auctions can be 10 days, so a bid on the first day will result in????

If that bid is the winning bid, you get a commission. The duration of the auction is immaterial. As long as the winning bid is placed within 7 days, you get a commission.

Unfortunately, the propensity for people to snipe means affiliates will lose out on a LOT of commissions.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    If that bid is the winning bid, you get a commission. The duration of the auction is immaterial. As long as the winning bid is placed within 7 days, you get a commission.

Unfortunately, the propensity for people to snipe means affiliates will lose out on a LOT of commissions.
    Maybe, maybe not. It won't be as a result of 10-day listings, as most people are still using 7-day or less listings. But experienced ebayers will be the ones sniping, and they probably will not have clicked on your link. But there are plenty of items sold with BIN... maybe more than traditional. Kind of odd they went with 7 instead of 10 though. I'm sure that wasn't on accident.

Hello,

The call mentioned a couple of other interesting numbers:

1) The over 30 days reversal scenario occur when there's a non-payment on an auction (from the buyer and hence the seller to eBay). Given the "peaks and valleys" of the different eBay categories, the average no pay rate is 4-5%.

2) Applying the new payout model to current activities yield about a 15% increase in total payout.

Tuan

I question how that 15% number was arrived at. It may be 15% for those at the highest tier(s), but the vast majority of us fall way below that. It would not surprise me if it was -25% at the lowest tiers, +5% for the highest tiers, resulting in +15% average.

Then again, I'm just cynical about Ebay. Every time in the last 3+ years that they've rolled out an "enhancement" or "increase" my commissions have plummeted, despite the traffic I'm driving staying constant or increasing, so I have to work to drive MORE traffic there just to get back to where I was before the "enhancement" was implemented...

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread