Are datafeeds better?
    Hello,
    I'm new as an affiliate marketer. I have been told to only use companies that have datafeeds. Is this necessary? Do datafeeds look as if you have the products on your own site? What is the advantage of adding those thousands of pages?
    I couldn't figure out where to post this. The datafeed forum is just for listing your datafeed.
    Thanks a lot,
    Pam

actually if you read the threads in the datafeed forum you will see it's all about datafeeds including what they are, how to use them, etc.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

freepam : i think you'd find an even number of people who don't use datafeeds as opposed to those who do. You don't need datafeeds in order to do well as an affiliate marketer.

If you want to add thousands of products, using datafeeds, your pages will probably be the same as the millions others out there (unless you do something unique with them...i.e. price comparison, reviews, change product descriptions, whatever).
    An advantage to having all those pages would probably be the potential for natural traffic.
    Instead of the static pages you make, ranking in the search engines, now you could potentially have thousands of pages which all rank highly for that certain product and potentially bringing you 1 visitor per day per page (which is thousands of visitors per day).
    That's probably the only advantage i'm seeing from datafeeds. They're becoming useless unless you can do something unique with them.

YES...

As Long As You Are Creative In The Way You Use Them..

"What is the advantage of adding those thousands of pages?"

Uh.. I Don't Know... Maybe having THOUSANDS of pages listed in the SE's..

Thanks, guys, I went over to the datafeed forum and read old posts and I'm a bit clearer now. Although of course, there are people who love them and people who think they are worthless. At least now I know what they are talking about!
    Pam

If your new to datafeeds I would suggest using c3scripts amazon feed, these still seem to work good even if there are many like it.
    www.c3scripts.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I went over to the datafeed forum and read old posts and I'm a bit clearer now. Although of course, there are people who love them and people who think they are worthless.
    Good, now all I need to type is that I still think they're great.

It's not as easy as it was a couple of years ago, but feeds aren't dead by any means.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I think feeds are great marketing tools, but you need to be smart and sometimes innovative to make them eye-catching enough. Unless your use of datafeeds has some sort of buzzworthy feature, they can easily be forgotten. Price comparison, product reviews, merchant reviews, cross selling, coupons mixed with datafeeds or wishlists are all examples of adding value to datafeeds. You need to add various extras to any single datafeed to give it some true value. It's difficult to use a single datafeed to make a site that somebody will bookmark.

Personally, I think it's best to use datafeeds to make a site that people will find useful. Regurgitating a datafeed with no added value is becoming more and more worthless. You may be able to make a few bucks with some smart SEO or PPC, but it won't stand the course of time.

Good luck!
    - Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread