Thumbs down Is this a downgrade on Shareasale?
    This is the first time that I post something negative about Shareasale, but this time I don't like what I see coming to the datafeed files:
    Please click here to download the file.

You will need to replace every occurrence of YOURUSERID in this file, with your actual ShareASale userID number, which is xxxx

Your browser will probably ask you if you want to Open the file, or Save. Choose "Save", and save the file to your computer...from there you can open it in any program you wish.

Fields are seperated by the "|" "Pipe" symbol, not by the comma.

The old process of retrieving datafeeds will be available for a short time by clicking here.
    I just went to download a few new datafeeds, and now I read that we will need to replace every occurrence our YOURUSERID with our actual ShareASale userID number, to me that is a step back from the old way of retrieving datafeeds.

I know that when we get the feed from FTP, it comes with the merchant ID number as the file name on the zip file, and that we must replace the YOURUSERID with our actual ShareASale userID number, but not when we get the feed from the datafeeds page.

When we get the feed from the datafeeds page, all the links come with our userID number already added to the feed, so if that feature is going to be removed, well........ that sucks!

I just hope that this new step back feature is not added to the make a page tool, too.

Also, I have never complained that when we're looking at any of our merchants detail page and decide to get their datafeed, once we click on get datafeed we wind up on a page with all the merchants datafeeds, instead of just the merchant that we're interested at that moment.

Now that I let it of my chest, I don't feel that bad anymore.

Sal.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Sal,

We changed the page based on feedback that affiliates don't like to have to download the datafeeds in "Pages" when the feeds are large.

P.S. - I've just corrected the datafeed page so that you don't get all the feeds when looking for one merchant...
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Brian,

I understand the issue when it comes to feeds that are larger than 1k, I know that it's better to get the big feeds by FTP and in a zip file, even if we have to replace the YOURUSERID with our actual ShareASale userID number on those feeds, I see no problem with that.

But if I am going to download about ten merchants small feeds from the "get the feed pages", then it's extra work to mess with the userID number on those ten small feeds, and while it's not a big deal to do the replacement, it's nevertheless a unnecessary extra step to do on those feeds, specially on feeds that have to be cleaned of some extra code.

P.S. - I've just corrected the datafeed page so that you don't get all the feeds when looking for one merchant...
    Thank you for that Brian,

At least I will save some time on that one.

Thanks.

Sal.

Talking Easy to change in Excel
    If you have MS Excel and after you format the text to columns, you can just hightlight the column where you need to change "YOURUSERID" (product url's)

click edit in the tool bar
    click replace in the edit menu
    at "find what" type "YOURUSERID" (exactly, without quotes, not your actual id)
    at replace with, type your actual SAS id

This will replace every YOURUSERID with your actual id in the column.

Other spreadsheet programs may have something similar to this. (find & replace)

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by dpl882
    click edit in the tool bar
    click replace in the edit menu
    Or use ctrl-H

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread