Questions and one opinion
    I just signed up two days ago and am please to see the usefulness of it.

The 4th click goes to GoldenCan, my question:

4th click on each account or on each individual merchant, i.e on each different stores that are set up?

Can I placed two different codes on the same page?

Opinion:

Will it be better that GoldenCan gets every fourth sale rather than the 4th click. I am not sure how the permutation of chances work out but sometimes when luck is not there, sales will only occur on the fourth click, that is bad for us but sometimes it maybe sales only on the 1st to the third click and that is bad for GoldenCan.
    Whatever it maybe, this is just mine thought to be the fairest for this program.

What do you all think? Good or bad opinion?

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Will it be better that GoldenCan gets every fourth sale rather than the 4th click?

It seems to me that in order to do that, GC would have to be able to log into all your network accounts (to see when a sale was recorded), determine which sales were generated from the GC, and then somehow eat back every 4th one.

There's many privacy issues with that, as well as the technological issue of re-assigning the sale credit after the network had already logged it as yours. Personally, I wouldn't give access to my accounts out. And, I wouldn't want anything to do with something that would tamper with already-recorded sales. The big networks are fubarred enough as it is!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Sorry Leader, I am a liitle confuse.

If GoldenCan can identified the 4th click as a sale (if it is) and reverse into their account, I do not see it why they cannot identify the 4th sale and reverse it into their account.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    If GoldenCan can identified the 4th click as a sale (if it is) and reverse into their account,
    They don't "identify the sale and then reverse it" into their account.

The way I understand it (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, once they wake up [it's still pretty early here]) is: Every 4th time the GC program registers a click, it puts GC's own aff code into the link *before* the visitor is sent on to the network's tracking. Then, if a sale happens, the network simply uses the aff code that was passed to it by GC, to credit that sale directly to GC.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Yes Leader, that makes sense. Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    They don't "identify the sale and then reverse it" into their account.

The way I understand it (someone will correct me if I'm wrong, once they wake up [it's still pretty early here]) is: Every 4th time the GC program registers a click, it puts GC's own aff code into the link *before* the visitor is sent on to the network's tracking. Then, if a sale happens, the network simply uses the aff code that was passed to it by GC, to credit that sale directly to GC.
    I understand it the same way.

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Every 4th time the GC program registers a click, it puts GC's own aff code into the link *before* the visitor is sent on to the network's tracking. Then, if a sale happens, the network simply uses the aff code that was passed to it by GC, to credit that sale directly to GC.
    Yes Leader, you are right.

Thanks
    Asif

Hi Asif,

Thanks for joining in.

I would appreciate if you can asnwer these two questions.

The 4th click goes to GoldenCan, my question:

4th click on each account or on each individual merchant, i.e on each different stores that are set up?

Thanks

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    4th click is counted on every individual store basis. Not the entire account.

Quote Originally Posted by megatonloh
    If you want display two coupon integrations from different merchants on same page that will work.

One coupon and One store Integration will work also.

If you display more then one Store Integrations on same page it will not work because the both stores will serve the same data when any category is clicked on any one of them.

Thanks
    Asif

Thanks Asif for the clarifications.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread