Using subids?
    We recently signed up for Linkshare, and are going to start running one of the credit card offers.

Is there a way to use the subid field in the linkshare link? Where can we get reports with the subid?

Do I need to get permission from the merchant to use subids, or can I just take the base link:
    http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/...type=3&subid=0

and insert anything I want into the subid field?

I couldn't find anything on this in LinkShare, and the merchant (Amex) hasn't written been for 2 weeks now to 2 e-mails. We've actually done a lot of volume for other credit card offers so it's too bad they aren't more responsive...

Thanks,

Alex

15 years and counting
    All my sites have different SubID. It's the way to track your commissions for each of your websites.
    To add SubID you need to go to:
    Sub Affiliates (left corner) in "Your Account"
    Don't insert anything anything you want into the subid field. It may not track. LS will give you a SubID for each new website.

"Account : Sub Affiliates
    Manage multiple websites through your LinkShare affiliate account using the "Sub-Affiliates" tool. Input each domain name and URL, and then click "Update" to save your changes. For additional sub-affiliate fields, click "Add Sites" and a screen of blank fields will be made available. Your sub-affiliates will appear in a drop-down menu in the Create Links area. Just pick the site for which you'd like to make links, and we will automatically adjust your linking code to track sales activity for that URL. "

Is there any way to do it dynamically? I saw another affiliate for the same offer do it like this:

http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=[removed]&offerid=59910.10000558&subid=0&type=4&u1=2407738

so their subid is 0, but it looks like they are inputting the individual userid in there...(2407738). We want each one of our users to have a unique tracking code.

Thanks,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    All my sites have different SubID. It's the way to track your commissions for each of your websites.
    To add SubID you need to go to:
    Sub Affiliates (left corner) in "Your Account"
    Don't insert anything anything you want into the subid field. It may not track. LS will give you a SubID for each new website.

"Account : Sub Affiliates
    Manage multiple websites through your LinkShare affiliate account using the "Sub-Affiliates" tool. Input each domain name and URL, and then click "Update" to save your changes. For additional sub-affiliate fields, click "Add Sites" and a screen of blank fields will be made available. Your sub-affiliates will appear in a drop-down menu in the Create Links area. Just pick the site for which you'd like to make links, and we will automatically adjust your linking code to track sales activity for that URL. "
    Last edited by MichaelColey; September 23rd, 2005 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Please don't post affiliate URLs

You need to request "Signature Tracking" from LinkShare. They have to enable the reports in your account. To use it, you just add "&u1=[whatever]" to any of your links. Sales will then reporting (in the Signature/Member ID reports) under the parameters you use. Like I said, though, you can only access those reports after you request them.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    rampguy
    can you send an email to abw (at) linkshare (dot) com with your user name with your question? We'll at least put you in touch with the right people.

LinkShare Team

Thanks. We sent an e-mail but haven't yet heard back. How long does it take to get setup with the subids?

Thanks,

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by LinkShare Moderator
    rampguy
    can you send an email to abw (at) linkshare (dot) com with your user name with your question? We'll at least put you in touch with the right people.

LinkShare Team

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    rampguy,

to get enabled with signature, I copied the information from the resource center for you:
    ---------------------------------------------------
    LinkShare Signature Technology offers LinkShare affiliates the ability to track and generate detailed reports on the commerce activity generated by its site and/or sites down to the transaction level of each individual member, organization or sub-site. For specific information on how to use this technology, please refer to the accompanying document “LinkShare Signature Overview”.

In order to become enabled as a Signature Affiliate, please be sure the following steps have been completed:

1) You must be a LinkShare Affiliate.
    2) Complete the form below and email it to LinkShare at signature@linkshare.com
    3) Your account will become enabled with Signature one to three business days after LinkShare receives this request form
    4) Once you have been enabled, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address that is listed in the “Update Profile” section of your account. You may also verify whether you have been enabled by checking your “Report Types” drop down box for the “Member ID Field report” within the reporting controls section of your LinkShare account.

Site Name:
    Site URL:
    Brief Site Description and Your Purpose For Using Signature:
    Current Login User Name (case sensitive):
    Contact Name:
    Contact Phone:
    Contact Address:
    Email Address:
    Today’s Date:

If you have any further questions, please contact signature@linkshare.com.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread