Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Todd.. Will the upgrade fix this?
    Reports are currently delayed [Friday, September 23, 2005 11:03 a.m. PDT / 18:03 GMT 23 September]

CJ Account Managerô reporting is delayed and will be updated as soon as possible. Tracking and recording of transactions is fully functional, and we will post updates to the site to keep you informed as we resolve the situation. Thank you for your patience.

Reports are currently delayed........
    Reports are currently delayed.............

New message just posted CJ front page

No? Really??? Huh uh!! Quit!! Come on!! Never!! You got to be kidding!!

Yes and no. The hardware upgrades will provide more processing power which will speed up reporting and aleviate the member area instability (difficulties logging in, staying logged in and reports timing out). It will be released in two phases over the coming weeks.

Reporting delays can happen for various reasons. For example, a job that runs overnight can hang and cause reporting to be delayed until it is killed or restarted. We are working to improve things so delays do not occur or are so minimal that no one notices them.

Remember, we are processing millions of transaction each day and reporting on them in near real-time, so some delays are likely to occur in the future. We try to keep reporting up to date within 2 - 3 hours. Typically, reporting is up to date within 1.5 hours.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    "It will be released in two phases over the coming weeks."

So this is another 2 phase upgrade on top of an already 1 and a half month 2 phase upgrade?

ABW Ambassador
    Reports Are Delayed - Haiko
    What's the deal with Todd running around closing affiliates threads? Affiliates should be able to start threads and talk about what they want without somebody from the network Big Brothering them.

Internet Cowboy
    Really. Is Todd the CJ police of ABW?

Remember the song that said "...headed downhill like a snowball headed for hell..." I think it was Jerry Jeff Walker.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    Remember, we are processing millions of transaction each day and reporting on them in near real-time, so some delays are likely to occur in the future. We try to keep reporting up to date within 2 - 3 hours. Typically, reporting is up to date within 1.5 hours.
    And you are reporting millions and millions of dollars in profit each and every quarter. If you are in over your head, just say so.
    Amazon and other companies process, ship and otherwise provide ALL support for millions of transactions per day and are not plagued with constant instability issues.
    Processing millions of transactions per day is no excuse for not being able to maintain your network for more than a month without a meltdown.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    If they all get shut down let's move the discussion to Midnight Cafe.

There are several threads about the same subject (reporting delays). I'm going to merge them all into the main thread.

Todd has limited Moderator priveledges here on CJ, and he has always used them responsibility. If you have an issue with any moderation, plus follow the board rules and complain directly to Haiko. Not on the forums. Also, keep in mind that deliberately going around moderation efforts is terms for a ban or a ban warning.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Are you going to merge them into a thread where he had mod capabilities or merge it into a locked thread?

Todd has moderator abilities on every thread in the CJ forum. I will be merging them into an open thread.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

All the threads about the current reporting delays have been merged here and this thread has been opened so the discussion (and updates) can continue here.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Not sure what there is to discuss... seems performance reports are showing some activity, but have to hope there is more to be reported later than what's in there right now...

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    What's the deal with Todd running around closing affiliates threads? Affiliates should be able to start threads and talk about what they want without somebody from the network Big Brothering them.
    My orignal post was a sticky (posted as closed) that just notified ABW that there was a delay in reporting. It looks like someone merged two threads into my orginal thread.
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    All the threads about the current reporting delays have been merged here and this thread has been opened so the discussion (and updates) can continue here.
    Michael, moving forwards, if I post something as sticky and/or closed, I would like to keep it that way. If someone wants to discuss other threads ongoing, I am fine with that. My thread was simply for notification, not for discussion. Furthermore, when you merge three threads together, they get out of synch and some of the responses do not make sense now.

Thanks,
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    "If someone wants to discuss other threads ongoing, I am fine with that."

Someone wanted to discuss that, that's why they started the thread in the first place. You locked it and then linked to another locked thread.

Internet Cowboy
    In other words, the CJ rep prefers to speak AT us, not TO or WITH us.

I'll split the responses out then and close this thread. People had comments and were upset that the threads were being closed.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    The reason -IMO - that we're all hot under the collar is that Linkshare has been "broke" for months.

So many of us have devoted more of our time to CJ - which is also now "broke"

Which leaves us with Performics (yech) and SAS - and I've already added all SAS merchants that fit my sites.

I make my real money with CJ and LS - and either I can't log in to either, or if I am allowed in, I can't figure out who owes me what on either network. Or if, or when I'll be paid (except of course at CJ I know SOMETHING is coming on the 20th)

From the mod log it doesn't look like anything underhanded or attempting to curtail speach was enacted, only multiple threads that got merged into one and then resplit.

The software doesn't allow me to only let Todd sticky posts he has to be a full moderator in this forum to "properly" convey the CJ message to affiliates and control certain information - they are a public company.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Fortunately our uber-moderator (Haiko) thinks this subject is worthy of discussion.

What I would like to know from Todd is whether systems staff belief they can resolve the problem before the scheduled downtime tomorrow morning. I would like to know what my sales are today before that happens.

if anyone cares to know, you can still get sales info through the performace reports. I have been using my top 50 report to see what I sold yesterday and today. It will at least give you a summery of what sold for which merchant, if you have less than 50 links that sell.

But how far behind are the performance reports? Todd?

I never said this shouldn't be discussed and never locked any threads started by others. I posted a notice and made it sticky so everyone would see it better. When I posted it, I locked it because I wanted to keep the focus on what I posted.

As you can see, I have done this with two other posts in the past that are sticky. I can't believe everyone is making such a big deal about this.
    Todd Crawford

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast