Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Stress Relief
    How do you de-stress from work
    (or whatever else puts tremendous pressure on you)?
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

I think I posted this in the wrong area.
    Can it be moved to the fitness area or whichever forum it should be in.

Thanks

ABW Ambassador
    Just going at it.

Outsourced Program Manager e-Gazer's Avatar
    Smile
    Mind numbing TV, cooking (which I really enjoy), cleaning (which I do mindlessly when I'm super peeved)... spending time w/ friends... a good vent session helps!!

Pamper time is what de-stresses me best. Spending time with people I'm close to and most importantly - spending time on focusing on ME (which I usually forget to take time for in my day-to-day life)!

Quote Originally Posted by RugmanAM
    Mind numbing TV, cooking (which I really enjoy), cleaning (which I do mindlessly when I'm super peeved)... spending time w/ friends... a good vent session helps!!

Pamper time is what de-stresses me best. Spending time with people I'm close to and most importantly - spending time on focusing on ME (which I usually forget to take time for in my day-to-day life)!
    Good ideas.

I also just subscribed to a newsletter and bought a magazine about stress - spent the afternoon reading and getting ideas.

Smile
    Good idea! Daily or weekly motivations are great for keeping stress and anxiety levels in check. They may not solve problems instantly but they do help remind us to keep a level head and to refocus on our goals; on the bigger picture.

I forgot to add going for a brisk walk or doing anything else fast paced and active is one of my favorite ways to let off steam. I don't have a lot of time for being active (like most of us with desk/online jobs) so when work gets to be too much nothing is better than getting AWAY from the computer and walking to clear my mind.

i think abt my ex girlfriends and then realise what i have on hand is not so stressful at all

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    I try to have a good laugh. It feels so good just to have one of those gut wrenching, belly aching laughs and after that, life suddenly doesn't seem so stressful anymore :-)
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

Wink Stress Relief
    Everyday life can take a toll on someone and unfortunately stress is a part of everyday life. There are healthy alternatives like meditating and also by diet/exercise and all natural products. I found an awesome product called Stess Relief.

You are in, or you are out ... choose!
    Gardening, particularly Composting and Soil Amendment. Hopefully I will soon be semi-self sufficient in Vegies.
    [url=http://www.dWoz.com/][b]dWoz[/b][/url] - serious webmaster tools & resources.

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    I enjoy golfing to help me relax. Nothing feels better then sitting in a golf cart on a beautiful course with a beer in your hand. It's heaven.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

Affiliate Network Rep JustJustin's Avatar
    Yeah I gotta agree with Ryan on that one...nothing helps me relax more than pounding 300 yard drives.

Where are you in Ottawa Ryan? I'm originally from the Hunt Club area in Ottawa. I usually golf at the Royal Ottawa over in Alymer.
    Justin
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    [url=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results affiliate network today![/url]
    e. justin @ shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have to agree with the 3rd post. And I like just plopping down on the couch watching TV or a DVD.

I exercise alot. Also leisure reading is a good stress relief.

Token "Canadian" Cool Guy Ryan@MB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJustin

Where are you in Ottawa Ryan? I'm originally from the Hunt Club area in Ottawa. I usually golf at the Royal Ottawa over in Alymer.
    I am actually living on the East End right now. I haven't actually found a nice course yet that is reasonably priced. The closest I have found is Mont. Ste. Marie... It's beautiful but the hardest course I have ever played.
    Ryan MacWha
    Merchant Manager
    [b]We’ll help you build your affiliate program[/b]
    [b][URL="http://www.maxbounty.com"]MaxBounty 2.0[/URL][/b]

I like going hiking or watching a movie. Talking to a close friend usually helps, especially one that can give you an objective view and make suggestions.

Running and doing laundry (especially folding laundry!) are at the top of my list. Talking to a friend can also work well - it's always reassuring to know you're not the only person who's stressed.
    [LEFT][FONT=Verdana]Amanda
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network

[URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today![/URL]

e-mail: [EMAIL=amanda@shareresults.com]amanda@shareresults.com[/EMAIL]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]www.shareresults.com[/URL]

[I]"Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, only she did it backwards and in
    high heels." [/I] ;)

[/FONT][/LEFT]

Affiliate Manager
    HypnosisDownloads.com has some great downloads for stress relief (The word "hypnosis" scared me off at first) but they really are just mp3s that show you how to relax and focus on positive thinking.

Walking/aerobics also works well.

I read comics (goes with the good belly laugh Susan already posted) and magazines. I love to read books, but when I'm stressed I need something for a shorter attention span.

And I run or bike. Exercise is the best cure, but it's hard to get motivated when I'm stressed out.

Talking
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_A
    Running and doing laundry (especially folding laundry!) are at the top of my list. Talking to a friend can also work well - it's always reassuring to know you're not the only person who's stressed.
    Anytime you're stressed please RUN your way over to my home. I have a TON of laundry for you to do (10 year old who can't stay clean to save his life and a hubby who comes home dirty from work each day - and then there's me - a different outfit for every activity in life)..... since you love it so much!!! LOL

Laundry is on my least favourite list of things to do. I don't mind washing it - I just hate putting it all away!!

Just take a break. Any kind of break.....

Take a walk to the store, have something to eat, take a hot (or cold, depending on the weather) shower, sleep 12 to 14 hours, whatever.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

I've been finding that lifting weights helps to get rid of my stress lately and the muscles feel oh so good afterwards - i love that burn
    Heidi
    "Happy are those who dream dreams and are willing to pay the price to make them come true"

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Yoga. I can't recommend it enough. I started doing it because I have back and breathing problems but I found that it also helps with stress.

I also read before I go to sleep each night.

Walking and swimming do the trick for me - swimming being the better of the two (unless there are gorgeous women out there - then it's just as stressful trying to get a good conversation going.. )

Oh, and an occasional beer..
    Follow my dog, Maya, and I, as we fumble around the affiliate marketing world: www.MarketingMaya.com
    Recent Project: Cheap Personal Checks (using DigitalQuill)

Quote Originally Posted by e-Gazer
    Anytime you're stressed please RUN your way over to my home. I have a TON of laundry for you to do (10 year old who can't stay clean to save his life and a hubby who comes home dirty from work each day - and then there's me - a different outfit for every activity in life)..... since you love it so much!!! LOL

Laundry is on my least favourite list of things to do. I don't mind washing it - I just hate putting it all away!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast