Affiliate Network Rep
    Drum banging paying off - incoming merchant enquiries already?
    Hi all

Today has been very very exciting for me as today I have had 2 seperate conversations with huuuuggggeeee brand name companies about potential offerings from the buy.at affiliate network in the US affiliate space.

To be fair I have been banging the drums a bit but I hadnt realised how loudly and thanks must go in part to ABW - Haiko , Kellie , Truth , Uncle Scooter , Zeus , Andy and others who have amplified the sound of my drums x10

To be having conversations with potential merchants at this stage especially such huge brands has been quite an experience for me today and it bodes so well for how things will go when we set foot on US soil.

At buy.at in the UK we are known as a brand network - nearly all of our client base are huge companies with big budgets and a brand to protect - I like this model its what I am comfortable with and I want our US arm to grow in the same way .

I would only launch with a brand or two in tow but I was expecting to have to go out and work very hard to get the first one or two interested. Imagine my delight when a couple dropped on my doorstep today and expressed intial interest :-)

Of course nothing may come of either so lets not jump the gun too much - back down to earth they both could come to nothing but its definately given me even more energy for the job in hand and maybe a glimpse of how well things could go when we are in the US and in full flow!

Thanks so much for everyones support so far I owe you guys and girls big time and I can't wait to start paying you back with the network you are looking for and a fair few beers to boot!

What an amazing place ABW is !!!!!

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Internet Cowboy
    Congrats Mal.
    If a network would open in the US and would treat affiliates and merchants like people and not do everything possible to perpetuate parasites, it would be a good thing.

Shareasale is doing just this and is seeing nice growth as a result of it.

From what I can tell, you guys might be bigger than Shareasale is, so hopefully you would take your slice of pie from CJ and LS. Someone needs to step in and take some of the power away from these two. They are both in the habit of treating affiliates like children while looking us in the eye and telling us that "certain affiliates" using downloadable apps to divert commissions are within the rules.

Does your network allow affiliates who use software applications to claim commissions?

ABW Ambassador
    That's great. There is a market for a clean, working network. I'll be pointing some of my favorite merchants in your direction and try to save them. There are a lot of merchants I like, just don't like where they're at. It's time for some fresh air, new blood. I know major brand merchants like big networks and there is little to choose from over here and the networks here know that. It's like after achieving some success, settling in some kind of comfort zone forgetting someone can come up and bump you out of that zone. That's with any business.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Hi

Unclescooter - we don't allow BS in our network and we lead the globe in stamping out spyware advising other networks in the UK on best practise in this area regarding what I call adwords spyware which is essentially using spyware like one might use adwords as an affiliate and redirecting traffic around that way - big no no for us. We are as clean as they come and have people inside and outside the network who monitor to make sure it stays that way - if anyone crosses the line they are ejected end of story.

Trust - You are a star mate and I thank you for your help so far we will not let you down! To often people are prepared to grudgingly work with a network they don't like as the merchant is nice and is clean. avg 30% goes to the network on every sale you make so even in this scenario you feed that which you don't like - hopefully the choice is an easy one of what to do for US affs when the merchant is available in more than one place.

Share A Sale gets my upmost respect - you can judge a network by what its affiliates say ( beats me how merchants seem to miss this obvious pointer ) No one has a bad word for SAS and I even gave them a plug on WW when someone asked about whether to join them as I know they come recommended.

I would think as networks we have differing business models and as such can work in harmony in the same space much as we do with a few networks in the UK all occupying our own niches.

CJ and LS will be my competition as CJ is in the UK and LS will play the role of Tradedoubler. In the UK when we started we said lets go after the biggest and here I am again but now in the US and I see no reason to change the mindset so CJ and LS it is - I am sure we will all get on great :-)

Cant wait!

Mal
    Last edited by perfiliate; September 23rd, 2005 at 05:49 PM. Reason: Spelling as always :-) - good job Im better at Aff marketing than spelling or we would be in trouble
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    All sounds good. CJ and LS have been practically begging you to come start up.

Welcome!

Congratulations, Mal. I hope things go well for you, and that these initial queries bring forth good things.

There is certainly room for an affiliate network that puts AFFILIATES and their needs first. After all, ultimately affiliates do create the cash flow. If a network were to treat all affilates equally, not just hand pick the top 20 or top 200, and make sure all affiliates in the network play on an even field, I have little doubt that network would do very well.

Especially with what's been going on at the "Big Two" networks lately. It's disgraceful. It would be difficult for them to treat affiliates worse.

Best of luck to you, and I'll keep my eyes open for more announcements from you...

Andy

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks guys - I am going to find it hard to sleep tonight so many ideas and such.

Andy you can rest assured my door is open to all our affiliates whether they make $1 or $1mill in commission - it shuts just as fast as well regardless of earnings.

We have a couple of cool developments were working on in the UK which I will post about soon - been messing with them in Beta and they are looking good - got to get them roadtested by a control group of affs and then we will be ready to announce them to the wider community and I will pop in and show you them then.

Our ethics and core principles are what has created the trust which is v important but its worth pointing out that our technology is just as scary to our competition - we are fully embracing web 2.0 and we hope that everyone we work with can futher their businesses through the fact that we do.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Congrats Mal. I just have to say this though.....

Told ya so.

Affiliate Network Rep
    awww you did indeed Kellie and many thanks for putting a nice word in for me here and there I think when I come to the US its going to one expensive round I owe so many beers out already and we have not even started yet :-)

Will be great seeing you again soon and so glad your safe after all the problems in your country recently.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Mal,

Onward and upward!

As I said earlier Buy.at will be #1 or #2 next year.

Ok so those of you who don't know Mal or buy.at ... spend an hour - and listen to this.

Why? Because that is what this business and ABW are all about - not xyz network sending out "Q4 opportunity bulletins" to merchants for parasites, or abc going down or whatever the quip of the day is ... it's about REAL and trusted third parties who involve you the affiliate and kill the horsehockey and utter BS of what's happening TODAY and happened in the US market for YEARS. Buy.at will [justifably] kick some serious donkey, simply because they because they do things RIGHT so either your in or your out merchants, no more "fiddlin" around!
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

ABW Ambassador
    <trusted third parties

What a JOKE

Go Malcolm...

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Mal,

Just remember, what happens in Miami, stays in Miami....

You will have the affiliate red carpet of support my friend..
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Network Rep
    Cheers Haiko / MCT /Andy

With the support of the affiliates the sky is the limit. There is a lot of resentment on ABW for the actions some networks have taken over the years and a lot of love for those that have played a straight game ala SAS.

If we can be half as liked as SAS then we cant fail to become a fixture and fitting of the network world in the US. Only you guys can make that a reality for us - we can just be us and hope that wins you over.

I am off to bed now as its 2am - If we're going to conquer the world I need some sleep first :-)

Thanks again everyone your support means a hell of a lot.

Mal

PS - Miiiiiaaaaaammmmmiiiii woohoooooo!!!!! its nearly time :-) See you there
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

ABW Ambassador
    mal...i guess the british empire is back with a revised strategy plan? hehehehehe

to add on this indeed buy.at made a run on the british market pretty quick cause its "the listening network" -rephrazing a popular bank's moto from the past-.

it seems to me that what's happening to the european market afterall where spyware and parasiteware is a word a franction of the affiliates mention -and most of the times its mentioned regarding US affiliate sales- its going to start happening in the US...as the first step slowly but steadily is going to be made.... ;-)

congrats Mat....

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Ok so those of you who don't know Mal or buy.at ... spend an hour - and listen to this.
    I listened to the whole thing - thanks for the tip Haiko.

Mal is going to KICK CJ's ass hard!!!!! His views on parasites, earning commissions, legitimate referral mechanisms, whose responsible for testing for parasitic interference, what work a network should do for the merchants and for the affiliates, and much more is ACTUALLY the way every affiliate always expected it to be.

CJ has ignored us, cheated us, under served us and railroaded us - and I can see they're about to FINALLY pay the price.

I look forward to meeting Mal down in Miami in late October!

Affiliate Network Rep
    Thanks for the nice words Donuts I look forward to meeting you as well , its going to be a great couple of days .

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Talking
    What most networks don't seem to realise is that there would be no networks without affiliates because no merchants would join the network without affiliates to sell their products.

No affiliates - No merchants - No network.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

An alternative clean-burning fuel to power our business is coming!

ShareASale is clean. I heard Kowabunga has things in the works to help their merchants track crap down as well. And Buy.At is coming.

The 2006 landscape is looking to be a vast improvement over past years!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread