Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Internet Cowboy
    Gaps between reported sales - missing sales?
    Is anyone seeing unusually large gaps between sales today? The sales I see reporting are the typical 1 1/2 to 2 hours behind, but there seems to be lots of sales missing.
    Anyone else seeing this?

Are you viewing by event date or posting date? As a reminder, event date is when the txn happened on the advertiser site - posting date is when it was entered into our system.

I looked at our reporting graphs and there are no delays in reporting. Currently, txns are posting within 1.5 hours.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Internet Cowboy
    I am looking at event date.

ABW Ambassador
    So is that it, i don't see a message at CJ anymore. Todd are all the upgrades done? Everything caught up?

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I am looking at event date.
    I am not sure if it will make a difference but try running a report for the past two days by posting date.

I got to go do some chores for my wife.
    Todd Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by TrustNo1
    So is that it, i don't see a message at CJ anymore. Todd are all the upgrades done? Everything caught up?
    Yes and yes.
    Todd Crawford

ABW Ambassador
    And the gaps of event dates and sales that people have posted during the past one and a half months. What about that? Were there any lost sales/non tracked sales during the upgrade, if not it has to be people just decided to stop shopping during those big chunks of time?

Internet Cowboy
    Were there any lost sales/non tracked sales during the upgrade, if not it has to be people just decided to stop shopping during those big chunks of time?
    Do you really think they will admit there are lost transactions?
    I would be happy if they would even admit once that there has ever been a problem at all.
    Wouldn't it be cool if CJ just once would admit that there were problems? That would go so far in gaining the trust of affiliates and merchants alike, but it looks like that will just never happen. CJ is comprised of the only perfect human beings on earth.
    Come on BUY.AT US network!

I can say without a doubt there were lost transactions and tracking outages yesterday. I had a normal number of clicks for the day, an abnormally high number of clicks for the week.......but generated only half as much revenue for all of yesterday as generated on my next WORST day of this month. I've already had as many transactions reported for today as all of yesterday with only 25% as many clicks today as yesterday. I would estimate that for most of us in the Ebay affiliate program, there is a chunk of time at least 8 hours in length from the 22nd and 23rd where absolutely no transactions were recorded (despite the fact they were undoubtedly happening).

ABW Ambassador
    Just logged in to see what is different and the only thing i see is the message is gone. Still slow for me and with the same bugs.
    Click Payment Status - View Payment History - And the history is all out of order, usually it's sorted default by date.

Quick stats show XX amount
    Clicking Review New Transactions and it goes to a commisson summary page sorted by date (it used to show transactions for the day) the amount i see for today doesn't match the Quick Stat amount. I click the amount and what i see doesn't match what i just clicked.

Internet Cowboy
    And the balance atop the Acct Mgr has not moved all day for me, despite showing sales in the reports.

This is not fixed Todd.

ABW Ambassador
    See the same thing with the balance on top.

Did some more checking and this is what i'm seeing:

Quick Stat amount doesn't equal the amount shown when you click Review New Transactions (Commission Summary) There are amounts next to the dates. The amount shown next to today's date is wrong. But when you click it what you see show up is right and it matches the Quick Stat amount.

Internet Cowboy
    The amount is Quick Stats is tied to perf. reports, which have always been a little bit behind.
    The fact that Todd tells us it is all done and there are still SO MANY problems concerns me. It is even more proof that CJ just doesn't give a damn about quality anymore. It is all about patches and quick fixes instead of doing it right the first time.

If you have some questionable tracking/reporting and it's primarily with one merchant, you might want to include that when you post. It seems like most of the problems I've seen posted about lately are eBay, in which case the probably may be on their end rather than CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    "The amount is Quick Stats is tied to perf. reports, which have always been a little bit behind."

Today it looks like that is right and the amount that is behind is, well follow these steps:

Login
    Make note of Commission earned under Quick Stats
    Click Review new tranactions whick takes you to a Commission Summary page where you see dates and then amounts. The amount shown next to today's date seems to be behind. But when you click on it, it shows more than what you just click on.

Michael as far as questionable tracking/reporting, today actually looks right. But during the upgrade I've seen and other people have seen big gaps of event date sales. That's my concern. I use hundreds of merchants so if i don't see sales in big chunks of event dates, i suspect they all could be having problems. Read some of the threads. I also see this in the EPC where it's usually in the mid 20's and is now below $10.

Internet Cowboy
    I am not en eBay affiliate. Most of my sales on CJ come from a handfull of merchants and they all seem to be affected.
    Is it possible that this is just a slow day? Sure!
    Quite frankly, Todd's comment that everything is fixed and they are happy with the results concerns me more than anything. Things are NOT fixed correctly.
    Things are fixed HALF-ASSED:

• Commission detail report still too wide for the screen at 1024x768
    • Review New Transactions link on home page takes you to a day-by-day breakdown of daily totals, not today's transactions
    • View Payment History link gives unsorted results
    • The balance atop the page does not update
    • Product searches by keyword are agonizingly slow
    To CJ's credit:

• Getting to the reports seems faster
    • Loging in seems faster
    • They finally updated the Katrina message
    I bet CJ is tired of me and others complaining. I am tired of complaining, but until CJ can fix these things and act like they care about providing a quality product, how can we possibly have any level of confidence in them to do other things....like track sales?

Internet Cowboy
    Make note of Commission earned under Quick Stats
    Click Review new tranactions whick takes you to a Commission Summary page where you see dates and then amounts. The amount shown next to today's date seems to be behind. But when you click on it, it shows more than what you just click on.
    I don't even see today's date on the page the "Review New Transactions" link takes me to. I have to do either a commission detail report for today or a performance report for today to see anything. Both of them show more than the amount in my Quick Stats. When I click on yesterday's date, I get a commission detail report for the past 30 days

Nice job Todd. Everything is working great and you guys ROCK!

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, reports are still buggy. I wanted to compare what i'm doing this month vs. last month so i ran a transaction report/commission summary for August. Select Time Frame - Exact Period - Aug, 2005 and get nothing, here's the copy and paste of it:

Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions, Action Type: , Event Date from 1-Aug-2005 to 31-Aug-2005
    Report Total $0.00
    Event Date
    New (USD)

Page Total $0.00
    Report Total $0.00

On 22nd had about 1/2 the transactions that I usually get in a 24 hour period and a 3 hour gap of no transactions from 16.28 to 19.25 PDT in which I would normally have at least 3 transactions per an hour... and judging by the traffic I received during that time, and my previous stats, I would have expected between 5 and 7 per hour during that time.

Stats for 23rd are back to normal and 24th so far is looking normal too.

Overall in the BIG scheme of things, I am very happy with Commission Junction who have paid me since 2000.

Yeah, reports are still buggy. I wanted to compare what i'm doing this month vs. last month so i ran a transaction report/commission summary for August. Select Time Frame - Exact Period - Aug, 2005 and get nothing, here's the copy and paste of it:

Commission Summary by Event Date for new Commissions, Action Type: , Event Date from 1-Aug-2005 to 31-Aug-2005
    Report Total $0.00
    Event Date
    New (USD)

Page Total $0.00
    Report Total $0.00
    I think you need to change it from "Action Status: new" to "Action Status: All".
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Is anyone seeing unusually large gaps between sales today? The sales I see reporting are the typical 1 1/2 to 2 hours behind, but there seems to be lots of sales missing.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    Sales, what sales?

My sales figure at the top of my CJ screen has not changed since yeterday.

My quick stats shows two sales.

Review New Transactions report does not show any sales today and does not include the amount from my Quick Stats (as sometimes the quick stats shows sales from yesterday, but reported today).

Something is most certainly workign properly.

However, on the bright side, CJ is working faster than every when I go from screen to screen. Guess I should have been careful what I was complaining about in the past...now we have quick access to CJ, just can't find our sales.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

If you have some questionable tracking/reporting and it's primarily with one merchant, you might want to include that when you post.
    As for mentioning merchant names, one problem is that so often people DO use the merchant name when a test purchase does not get tracked, when in fact the merchant may have their end of the equation in order by loading the tracking pixels on the confirmation pages.

As for whether to "believe what CJ says" in relation to tracking functionality, when you do a test purchase that does not get tracked and reported, it takes no leap of faith to believe that it did not track if the sale does not appear in your CJ reports.

If you do a test purchase that does not get tracked, and the tracking pixel did appear on the merchant's confirmation page, please be fair to the merchant by NOT mentioning their name. The tracking failure is not a failure on the part of the merchant if their house is in order with the tracking pixel load.

I am still showing the same total dollar amount on the top of my CJ screens as I did 24 hours ago, but New Transactions report does not show any sales today and does not include the amount from my Quick Stats (as sometimes the quick stats shows sales from yesterday, but reported today).
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "I think you need to change it from "Action Status: new" to "Action Status: All"."

Yep, that did it.

Yep Ron, see the same thing. The balance on top of the screen is stuck. Maybe when they come into work Monday they'll unstick it.

So the answer to my question above is really a no and no.

15 years and counting
    I don't understand how these people at CJ can scr@w up one more time the reporting just by adding more memory.

It's a sign they don't know what they are doing.

I agree with UncleScooter:
    Things are fixed HALF-ASSED:

Commission detail report still too wide for the screen at 1024x768
    Review New Transactions link on home page takes you to a day-by-day breakdown of daily totals, not today's transactions
    View Payment History link gives unsorted results
    The balance atop the page does not update
    Product searches by keyword are agonizingly slow
    Now on top of that you can add:
    Balance is frozen
    Transaction Reports Commission Summary frozen on Event Date 23-Sep-2005
    My 24-Sep-2005 transactions are reported only in the Performance Reports.

What a result after ONE MONTH! I'm not sure these people at CJ deserve their paycheck and FOR SURE not the 30% they are taking from my earnings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast