Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Unhappy Balance not Updated.
    My today sales commissions are not added into my balance. I see sales in Performance reports and Transactions reports, but my Balance same as of yesterday.
    Commissions were always added to my balance as soon as the sale is posted, but this time, it failed. Is this a bug?

"Commissions were always added to my balance as soon as the sale is posted"

Actually, for the past couple of weeks, the displayed balance has lagged behind for an hour or more.

But still, displayed balance is the same as yesterday as sales come in today.

The upgrade completed on schedule - the site was only unavailble for two hours. The upgrade was necessary to improve member area stability. The backlog in reporting is now also caught up.

We are aware that past deployments have caused some of you concerns about the reliability of our infrastructure. We are working hard to change that perception.
    Y'all could change that perception by simply tracking and reporting sales. Worry about that first, then play with the fancy bells and whistles. I'd consider a static balance to be a "backlog in reporting" of sorts. Just my opinion though.

It's being discussed in other threads, too. Apparently, the balance at the top of the screen and the Commission Summary report are both stuck as of late Friday (9/23). The transactions appear everywhere else (Commission Detail and Performance Reports), so it's probably something minor. I'm sure they'll fix it quickly once they find out about the problem Monday morning.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Michael - The transactions appear everywhere else (Commission Detail and Performance Reports), so it's probably something minor. I'm sure they'll fix it quickly once they find out about the problem Monday morning.
    I agree Michael, it's a minor bug, easy to fix but symptomatic of a loosy job. Who is running their QC dpt? Do they have one? Who is really in charge at CJ?
    For a minor bug like this one, easy to see, easy to fix, how many major flaws are still hidden costing us money.
    How can we talk TRUST with a network when their employees are leaving for the Weekend instead to fix a buggy update?
    If I was working as bad as CJ, I'll be out of business. Why are they still charging our merchants for a job they are not doing properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus
    I agree Michael, it's a minor bug, easy to fix but symptomatic of a loosy job. Who is running their QC dpt? Do they have one? Who is really in charge at CJ?
    For a minor bug like this one, easy to see, easy to fix, how many major flaws are still hidden costing us money.
    How can we talk TRUST with a network when their employees are leaving for the Week-End instead to fix a buggy update?
    If I was working as bad as CJ, I'll be out of business. Why are they still charging our merchants for a job they are not doing properly.
    Exactly! Considering CJ's reporting has been marginal at best for the past month, I would expect them to put a few key people on call over the weekend for issues such as this. This is a 24/7 business. We shouldn't have to wait until Monday morning for them to discover the problem, then til Tuesday, Wednesday, or who knows when for them to enable a fix for it.

This is a classic example of bad customer service. They just don't care.

Andy

Yes, they should teach the security guy at cj gate how to solve those kind of bugs during the weekend.

It's not minor when my sales and clicks drop way below normal for a Saturday. Is it just me or did others see a big drop in sales?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

It looks pretty normal to me.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

15 years and counting
    Ron- Is it just me or did others see a big drop in sales?
    My clicks and sales look pretty normal for a Saturday (in my Web site performance for Yesterday). It would be nice to see them in Performance Reports Generate Reports Commission Summary.
    If their tracking servers (and the software around) work as well as their reporting servers, we should really worry about missing sales but my own stats don't show a problem (or I'm not able to spot it).

The only place I can see any activity since the 23rd is in my commission details report for the day or in the performance report for that day. There is no other movement in any of the other visually displayed aggregate total. That said I also experienced a very sloooooooooooow sales weekend, but then I was glued to the news about the "Rita" and I assume many other consumers were, too.

Ron,

My saturday sales were WAY off. Since the time that the total at the top of the page stopped working, my sales have virtually dried up. I think there's a bug in the system or (hopefully) the backlog is still not caught up.

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    It's not minor when my sales and clicks drop way below normal for a Saturday. Is it just me or did others see a big drop in sales?
    I agree! I also don't for one moment believe that posting of transactions are up to date as they claim. If this is the case, then a lot of sales have just been flushed down the CJ drain. For one of my merchants I haven't gone a single day in the past two months without a sale yet, since the 22nd, despite the fact that my clickthrough rate has been even higher I'm showing 1 measly sale yesterday (which seems to be stuck in limbo in my Quick Stats, but doesn't show up in "review new transactions"). Just when I thought CJ was getting it's act together - NOW THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    The 23rd looks particularly suspicious to me. Normal clicks but way below normal sales. The 24th is better, but still below expectations.

Andy

I just looked at all the past Saturdays (and realizing they were summer and things are now picking up) and yesterday was at least 25-35% lower on clicks that previous Saturdays. Commissions were about 60-75% less also for a Saturday.

I'm used to an occasional slow day, but this beyond slow for a Saturday.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

both 23 and 24th (yesterday/saturday) were pretty low for me.

In other words, reporting is getting "caught up", CJ style. A reporting function is busted and it takes a little while for the other modules to follow suit. Tracking and reporting are separate functions, as they keep reminding us, so let's not act so surprised when one thing takes longer to malfunction than another. Don't worry; it's getting caught up. Pretty soon everything will be back to normal again and we won't be able to log in or run a link search, and CJ will be blowing its horn about tracking not being affected during the blackout period.

I should point out that while my conversion ratios on CJ looked normal for a Saturday, my site traffic and clicks to merchants (tracked on my end and CJ's end) are all down a bit more than a normal Saturday. I agree with Abigail. I think many people were watching Rita news rather than shopping online.

I don't see anything in my stats that would indicate that there are tracking problems on CJ.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    my site traffic and clicks to merchants (tracked on my end and CJ's end) are all down a bit more than a normal Saturday. I agree with Abigail. I think many people were watching Rita news rather than shopping online.
    Ditto.

My reported AdSense and FastClick impressions also tanked this weekend. So, I think there was a legit traffic drop. Hopefully people will unglue from the idiot-box, and start buying today!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    None of yesterday's sales appear to be added to my balance. Anybody else observe this?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead
    None of yesterday's sales appear to be added to my balance. Anybody else observe this?
    Saturday and Sunday was not added yet to my balance at the top but it is added on my performance report.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    The 23rd looks particularly suspicious to me. Normal clicks but way below normal sales. The 24th is better, but still below expectations.

Andy
    I agree Andy All I show for the 23rd is

23-Sep-2005 23:36 PDT 24-Sep-2005 01:00 PDT

Something went wrong for some of us on the 23rd and I hope CJ finds the transactions. My clickthroughs for the 23rd were a bit above average FWIW! As for Saturday, that was a normal day of sales and Sunday was higher than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Packy
    I agree Andy All I show for the 23rd is

23-Sep-2005 23:36 PDT 24-Sep-2005 01:00 PDT

Something went wrong for some of us on the 23rd and I hope CJ finds the transactions. My clickthroughs for the 23rd were a bit above average FWIW! As for Saturday, that was a normal day of sales and Sunday was higher than normal.
    I have the same scenario as you Packy. Above average clickthroughs on the 23rd but no sales (the first day it has happened this month I might add, which makes it even more suspect!). I show sales for Saturday and Sunday but my balance has still not changed.

By the way is Todd going to address this issue I wonder?

I feel another "scheduled downtime/update" coming on...

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    As far as the balance on top not updating, it all goes back to communication. There are thousands of affiliates logging in, that have no idea of message boards like this and have no clue what is going on because CJ has communication problems among other problems. It takes a minute or so to put something up like, CJ is aware of the balance not updating an we are working to resolve the problem... tracking is not affected, blah blah, the usual message.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast