Last posting 16:00 PDT, Balance not update, Commission Summary by Event Date unreal
    Whats up?? !!! CJ say all is fine and run away for the weekend! while nothing is o.k.
    Not Nice, Not Fair!
    Please fixed it now.

And I don't see any Notifications on CJ Members Home Page, this is very bad. Now they don't even bother to notify us.
    For them they have sattled everything, as TTOD mentioned every thing will be fine after the downtime.

I don't think it's really fair to expect them to catch something like this over the weekend. I'm sure they're monitoring for server down and other catestrophic events 24x7, but this is the type of issue that they would likely hear about here or through customer service first, and that probably means Monday morning unless Todd happens to check in over the weekend.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Yeah, remember the system crashes every Friday, giving them a convenient excuse to not even pretend to touch problems till around Tuesday, with said problems getting completely fixed sometime around 3 years from never.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I don't think it's really fair to expect them to catch something like this over the weekend. I'm sure they're monitoring for server down and other catestrophic events 24x7, but this is the type of issue that they would likely hear about here or through customer service first, and that probably means Monday morning unless Todd happens to check in over the weekend.
    In all fairness, then, they really shouldn't be doing updates on the weekend when everyone is off, should they? Especially considering their poor track record with updates. They need EVERYONE to be there.

I've had jobs before that required me to work on weekends. Especially when something important like customer reporting or service was affected. I guess the folks in Santa Barbara are too important to work on weekends.

This is a joke. CJ should know better, but some never ever learn.

Andy

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Not fair for them to work on a weekend?

I beg to differ. Having worked on systems I can tell you that there were times when staff was on site until after midnight, worked on weekends, got called in during off hours, brought work home, worked for more than a week straight and did whatever they had to do to make sure that systems were operational. Once during a blizzard when staff was sent home, IT was the last group out the door. Same thing applied to programming, communications, network and all the other groups in the department.

Folks in IT know it's part of the deal.

So I'm more inclined to think that the problem isn't that staff is not on site to correct problems, but that staff IS on site and CANNOT correct the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    What I don't think it is fair is for Todd to say everything is okay while folks are saying otherwise and then at the very least not post that they agree and will be working on it come Monday. This is highly unsusual for him.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

If the upgrades they were doing were in another area, they probably weren't expecting problems in this area. Still, I agree. Their post-upgrade QC plan should check a lot of more general things like this, even if they don't anticipate problems in those area.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Well, they actually said they were working 24/7 on these issues, aroung the clock which i knew was just spin. And they should have people working weekends, this is a 24/7 type of business. Time to start acting like it.

It would be nice to know what kind of staffing CJ does have on weekends. If it's just a bunch of flunkies who can't do anything, they might as well just close up and lock the doors.

The other night, I went to Albertson's (a grocery store). The shopping center where they are located had brightly lit parking areas, except for the one in front of Albertson's. It was pitch black. Employees in the store said that no one working knew which breaker to flip to turn the lights on!

Considering the major safety factor, you'd think one of them would have been smart enough to pick up the phone and call someone who could help!

I think this is what CJ has on weekends...staff is present, but none of them know which breaker to flip to turn on reporting!

Andy

I would be surprised if they have anyone on-site over the weekend. They probably have monitoring services, pagers, and networking people on call, to detect the important outages.

While I agree that the reporting problems are inconvenient, confusing, and unprofessional, they're certainly not urgent. We've already discovered alternate ways to get the reporting, and I have no doubt that the problems will be fixed quickly once they return to the office.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

Unhappy
    Well the "alternative ways of reporting" I was using seems to have hit a wall about 7 this morning. Sorry, I can't believe for all the trafiic I am getting there are no sales reporting under the "performance reports" or the "commission details" - and Todd's words of reassurance, yesterday, that all the reports were caught up is still echoing in my head - shouldn't have said it, before checking it, I guess - as the balances etc have been out of wack since the 23rd, the day before.

Using the "alternative ways of reporting" I can find my sales but the discouraging part is the lack of sales that I have found. It seems that I have only done 10% of the normal sales for this weekend. Hopefully there will be a huge windfall of sales pouring in sometime monday...

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread