I found this with links that look really fishy

www.meningar.com/slacks.html

Could this be hijacking my site?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    I found this with links that look really fishy

www.meningar.com/slacks.html

Could this be hijacking my site?
    Just another non english speaking site scraper wank doing SERP spamming.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Lightbulb
    I'm not always sure how to feel about these sites. They're competition in the SEs, but if they don't overwrite any of my stuff and if they occasionally send me a visitor they can't be 100% bad.

But they are definitely another good reason to get ahold of as many good domain names as possible. Before they do!

I think ecomcity is correct, this looks like a scraper site. If you want to check up on hijackers, search Google like this:
    allinurl:www.womanht.com

Doing this search recently, I found a couple of my sites that I believe were being hijacked. I first reported them to Google, there is a method for doing this. Then I attempted to email the owners of the sites I thought were hijacking my sites. One site's email address on his whois weren't any good so I reported them to Internic using their online form. Then I started to do some research on the individual and found some other sites he owns and where he works. I got an email that worked and told him I was trying to get in touch with him and that I was about to email him at his work email. One email address he had included "searchking" in it. I nicely asked him to remove the link because I thought it was hijacking my site, intentionally or by accident. He promptly replied to this email and said he would remove the link and said he didn't "think" he was hijacking my site, since he doesn't know how to do this, then went on to ask that I not report him to Google and Yahoo. Hmm, he claimed ingorance on hijacking but had an email with "searchking" in it and he asked that I not report him. Well, I don't buy that he was ignorant of this. So far, I see that Google did remove at least one of the hijacker's sites from their listing and this was done in about 5 days after reporting them.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Looks like my ip is blocked from your website or something. I get a 403 forbidden error! I would be careful when blocking ip's so your not blocking whole chunks of people.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

ABW Ambassador
    Looks like my ip is blocked from your website or something. I get a 403 forbidden error! I would be careful when blocking ip's so your not blocking whole chunks of people.
    Me too, I'm also blocked. And that's SBC/Yahoo, which is a HEAP of people.

Marketing Mistress Lectrickitty's Avatar
    I just did a search and found my site listed on several unknown sites. Some of them have links to pages that that don't exist on my site. When clicking on the links I get my own error page so the links seem to be legit.

I just checked several of the links to my site from these unknown sites. They all have two things in common. They go to error pages on my site, and they are mostly all pop up links.

Some of them are shopping sites running google ads. Why would they send their traffic to my site? I'm getting a bad feeling about this... could it be that some parasites have found a new sneaky way to get their hands in another persons cookie jar?

Also, I tried to sign into my site to update and have not been able to sign in for the past 2 days. I've emailed my host to report the problem, still waiting to hear back from them.
    [color=blue]"Those who give up their freedom for a little security deserve neither freedom nor security" - Benjamin Franklin[/color]

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks. I just found I was even blocking myself. Got a bit overboard trying to block off scrapers.

Greg, I did a allinurl: check and found quite a numbers of these.

I just show one example of each and xxx my domain so as not to be shown as promoting my sites.

/www.xxx.com/ URL moved, Please visit bestwebitem.com.
    bestwebitem.com/www.xxx.com/ - 1k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

/www.yyy.xxx.com/singapore/shopping.html URL moved .../www.yyy.xxx.com/singapore/shopping.html URL moved, Please visit mulunet.com.
    mulunet.com/www.yyy.xxx. com/singapore/shopping.html - 1k - Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

"www.jmandrake.com/go/?go=http://www.xxx.com"...

Most of them goes to a page with title Top Keywords.

What are they and what exactly should I do?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Site scraper script bots being triggered by keywords turned into Adwords and Overture doorway pages. Basically PPCSE spamming affiliates to go with the browser and e-mail spamming affiliates and cookie stuffers. No English language skills required.... or ethics.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread