Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    RSI - New updated data feed loaded....
    Hello team,

Just a quick note to let you know we have updated and loaded a new data feed and its ready for download. This update has new lower pricing and new products listed.

Download your fresh copy today: http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchants/rsi/rsi-feed.csv

We also have GoldenCAN available for those of you that are not feed friendly, you can display all our products on your site with a few clicks. You can start using the GoldenCAN / RSI application here: http://www.goldencan.com/merchants.aspx?id=21

Reading this and not a member of RSI yet? You can start earning tomm, start by signing up here: https://signup.cj.com/member/branded...hantid=1427015

Why should you promote RSI? Well, this is what our top performer did last month is sales:

Who wants our money?
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Andy,

I am new to datafeeds. Are these designed to be downloaded manually and incorporated/imported to a shopping cart? Are they designed to be dynamically absorbed from the link you post? How are data feeds used most of the time.

go to the datefeed forum and read up...

to address your question directly... the link Andy posted is to grab the feed and then use it with some sort of "script" on your server to create and show pages... on your ..website

if you need to ask a question like the one you asked, you are not ready to use feeds...

Golden Can is your best option at this point... if you optimise your pages with additional content you'll be up and running and converting in no time...

Then when you have learned about datafeeds and how touse them you can grab the feed and make those high converting pages you have in mind...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Joe,

I am probably ready to use datafeeds more than most people. I do application development for a living.

What I was more curious about (and I did not communicate it properly) is if these were live datafeeds or data exports. I'd be interested more in XML Service datafeeds from a companys catalog/store, for example, than CSV files. I personally would not consider a CSV file a datafeed (even thought I know it is in this industry) so much as a data export that I'd have to import and use with a script. To me datafeed implies live. For this industry does it matter which one is used? Probably not. Unless catalogs are changing on a hour by hour basis a CSV file is just fine.

So that begets the true question that I probably need to go to the datafeed forum and read about. Are most of these datafeeds CSV/Other style export files or are they live XML service type feeds. I'll read up to see who offers what.

Give me some newbie slack

Patrick

it is inapproperate to mention the merchants using XML feeds in this forum as they are not an AR client...

dig around ABW and you'll find them...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

got it! thanks

Unhappy
    When was the last time the feed was updated? I just pulled it from the location listed above
    and pricing is W-A-Y off versus the RSI site.
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Andy
    I have it up and running fine. When you say "new products" do you think there has been any change in the categories? Any additions or deletions I mean. If you say no it will save me a little trouble on my set up.

Don't forget about those PM's I sent Andy
    Scott
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    When was the last time the feed was updated? I just pulled it from the location listed above
    and pricing is W-A-Y off versus the RSI site.
    Scott, just verified last upload and re loaded again....the feed that is up there now is verified from the 1/5/06 up date i have from RSI...

Please let me know...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rodriguez
    Scott, just verified last upload and re loaded again....the feed that is up there now is verified from the 1/5/06 up date i have from RSI...

Please let me know...
    Just downloaded again and can tell this is a different feed. But, what's up with all of the arrow storage sheds with the price of $0.00 in the feed? Those aren't showing as OOS in the feed or on the RSI site
    Scott

what's up with all of the arrow storage sheds with the price of $0.00 in the feed?
    I looked at 92 Arrow items and didn't see any with price $0.00 in the feed.

I'm getting 92 Arrow shed with Product Price = $0.00 with the feed Andy just reloaded. There is a List Price column, but that's not what the item sells for on the RSI site. As a matter of fact, the list prices in the feed don't match the prices on the site. That's not matter to me though, I don't use that info anyway.
    Scott

I'm showing both prices for the 92 sheds in the latest feed. It all looks good here.

Dunno... Just downloaded it for the 3rd time, even cleared out the temp files, etc and got the same thing, no prices for arrow sheds.
    Scott

I don't see pricing for the sheds either.
    Bummer I'm ranking well for some of those terms and so far RSI converts for me.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by Nature Boy
    Dunno... Just downloaded it for the 3rd time, even cleared out the temp files, etc and got the same thing, no prices for arrow sheds.
    Scott, Suzie

Just looked at the feed again, after a few cups on coffee.....

The prices are there...

You are looking at the first column, which is the shipping. The shed shipping prices are not there, if you look 2 colums over, you will see the Shed pricing....

I though maybe I had overlooked something but I have tripple checked...it's all there...

The prices for some of the Arrow products are there but after line 20897 I have $0.00 for prices...I think??

After looking at it again there no Arrow prices -- Sorry Andy I see 2 columns for pricing and there are zeros where the Arrow products are after line 20897.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

OOOHHHH MAN!!! I have looking at this thing and checking over and over and now I see it! Its the last column and it is hiding!! Sorry Andy Alls Well!!
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    The prices for some of the Arrow products are there but after line 20897 I have $0.00 for prices...I think??

After looking at it again there no Arrow prices -- Sorry Andy I see 2 columns for pricing and there are zeros where the Arrow products are after line 20897.
    Ok, yet another fresh, update feed from RSI just in and currently being FTP'ed to the server as I type this...

http://www.andyrodriguez.com/merchants/rsi/rsi-feed.csv

I think you were referring to column P "LIST PRICE" Andy. The sale price is in column E " Product Price ".

Either way, the feed update fixed the $0.00 shed problem.

Thanks.
    Scott

back up Nature Boy ... the 5th column (data[4]) was $0 last night ( you weren't seeing things) but is now fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by cozy
    back up Nature Boy ... the 5th column (data[4]) was $0 last night ( you weren't seeing things) but is now fixed.
    Ok, good this is settled. To many numbers, to many feeds, too many reports....argggg

Thanks Scott for the heads up, and Suzie for the help.....

I'm not using the feed yet, but the prices displayed by goldencan are different than the restockit site.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread