Introduce your self Dell
    Well
    With previous DELL reps we never really had atleast I never really had any real comunication with them. But today we get an email saying that there is a new program manager.

So I am posting this thread in hopes that Callie will introduce her self to us and listen to some of the concerns we have.

I sent her an email with a link to this thread.

Well she replied to me on Tuesday said she would check out abest web. I guess she didn't like it.

Affiliate Manager
    Dear Affiliates,

Id like to take a minute to introduce myself to you all. Im Callie Browning, the new AM for Dell. I previously worked with the online/ebiz team at Dell and am very excited about my new position! It has been a speedy transition and Carolyn and I are working diligently to get this program into gear for the holiday season. I also wanted to thank you for being so patient with the delays in our transaction files as of late, but please know that we are on top of it. Im extremely excited to be a part of the affiliate world, and I look forward to a great Q4!

Thanks again, and if you have any questions or comments, please dont hesitate to contact me, Carolyn or Nini. I look forward to working with you all.

Sincerely,
    Callie

callie_browning@dell.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Callie. Are you an actual salaried Dell employee? In the past their always was a disconnect as Dell actually was just some hired gun at Linkshare or Befree. Over the years I've found only employee AM's for major merchnats can make pro-active affiliate changes.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Welcome Callie,

Any idea when Dell will make the July Merchant payment to Linkshare?

One of the biggest things I've been asking for is a comprehensive, real-time XML feed of your coupons. Contact me if you'd like some help defining the requirements for it.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Lightbulb
    and please don't lose sight of the fact that Q4 could be good, but we eat during Q1-3 also, or try to.

Without www.GoldenCan.com I don't think Dell will ever be serious about doing anything more then mass advertising through and and all affiliates who can breath. I sell more Dell systems with a quick VAR phonecall then I ever sold by pushing Dell creatives through all the cookie washing traps of the 2 divisions and the forced clicksters.

If you see Dell appear on my front page and PcShops Mall, or wholesaleclub bargain e-mails, you'll know they turned around 180 degrees from the time I first put up links for them when they joined LS.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Affiliate Manager
    Yes, I actually do work at Dell, as did the Affiliate Manager before me. A good rule of thumb for the merchant payments to LinkShare is about 60 days from the end of the month in question. And thanks for the XML feed suggestion - I'll definitely look into it!

My advice is to lunch with your experienced VAR program manager to elicite tips on how to increase value-add sales from your affiliates. Hint.... high conversion product landing pages and special commitment to those willing to perform value-add pre-sell. I'm not talking incentive marketers pushing coupons and e-mail weekend specials. I'm talking about a virtual salesforce willing to give Dell Products prime shelf or display window space.

ABW Ambassador
    Please don't follow Mike's suggestions. Keep the coupons, keep the specials. Just please don't keep sending us emails correcting them. Also a little more lead team on the deals would be great.

Chet

Quote Originally Posted by calliebrowning
    A good rule of thumb for the merchant payments to LinkShare is about 60 days from the end of the month in question.
    Yes, I understand the rule of thumb, but it is now 74 days after July 31 and Linkshare is still awaiting payment for July from Dell. Perhaps you can help Dell with more timely payments. They are one of the worst, sometimes more than 100 days past the month in question.

Spyware apps using Dell's affiliate program
    Callie, have you looked at the spyware problem? Dell's high average order size and conversion rates make Dell a particularly intense target here. So it's easy to find many rogue affiliates who use spyware to claim commissions from Dell, even when they haven't truly earned a commission.

http://www.benedelman.org/news/091405-1.html gives an example of this (second example on the page).

I have lots more examples on file, including example as to Dell specifically.

Seems like you could save a lot of money by identifying these affiliates and making them stop. This would also increase payments to your legitimate rule-following affiliates; at present these rogues are overwriting other affiliates' cookies, thereby reducing payments to rule-following affiliates.

deleted

I knew it would be. :-P
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

I am glad Callie has come here to post and brave the sometimes ruff crowd

Maybe she will look into the parasite issues and help improve the program.

I know Dell probably has her working on more than just the affiliate program and her hands may be tied when it comes to a lot of things but if we can voice our concerns to her and she trys to change things. I see the Dell program improving.

What is going on with Dell Home lately. My O/C has dropped from 3% in October to .5% so far in November. I know Dell missed earnings again but does that mean people stopped buying Dell? Has anyone else seen Dell sales fall off a cliff?

WOW, Dell's links are broken. If you go to the Dell home page, click on Home & Home Office, Click on notebooks on the top bar and click on compare all notebooks, choose a 9300, 6000, 700m, 600m, 2200 or 1200 and none of them work. The XPS notebooks work, but they have no deals or coupons on them. I have to stop promoting all of my Dell links until they get this fixed. No wonder why their sales are down. The site is freaking broken.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread