A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Nice Adwords Glitch...
    So I paused one of my campaigns about a week or so ago because I was losing more than I was making on it. I have logged in a few times since then, and it was still paused. Today I log in and the campaign is unpaused and I owe them a bunch more money - more than I've made. What's this all about? I'm pretty pi$$ed off.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

I've heard about this happening to others and am sorry it's happened to you

If memory serves me correctly, I think when you pause a campaign there's another field somewhere that lets you either pause indefinitely or set a date in which AdWords will unpause itself. I think it requires looking for tiny print and a some deeper digging. Wear your glassses if you have any
    Liz Welsh Tompkins
    Styleforfree.com
    email: [email="lwtompkins@styleforfree.com"]lwtompkins@styleforfree.com[/email]
    [url="http://twitter.com/styleforfreecom"]Twitter[/url] | [url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=625631089&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]

This happened to me as well, to the tune of just over $200.
    I was happy I caught it before the total went any higher.
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    i always pause the campaign, the underlying ad group(s) and set the daily limit to the minimum - sometimes a/r tendencies pay off...

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Thanks all! I did what you suggested Donuts. Also, I am trying to find a way to set a timeframe of the pause, but I don't come across anything. Someone please let me know how to do this if there is a way.

Lisa
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I use AdWords a lot and don't know of a time setting feature. If you're going to leave it idle for a long time, you also might consider deleting it - Google keeps it.

PS - Disclaimer - if they change and delete your deleted campaign / stuff, I'm not responsible.

PSS - Keeping a backup (perhaps in excel) is always a good idea as well! Yep, very A/R...

And speaking of changing things... and hard to find features... I searched for 20 minutes yesterday in Yahoo Search (formerly Overture) and could NOT find my entered negative keywords or the place to add / edit them or the negative term suggestion tool. They must have ditched this feature. Google has it. I hope MSN has it. It saves advertisers money and helps us focus on our intended audience - a goal legit PPCSEs should have in common with us! Can somebody make a fool of me and point out where the Yahoo negative keyword thing-a-ma-jig went please? I do consulting work for clients on PPC and this is embarassing...

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread