A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    eCreditRepair.com
    I didn't want to post this on the original thread, as I'm assuming she's paid to plug this program, but do any ethical affiliates actually promote these types of programs??

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...465#post485465

I apologize for being a , but I have a problem with anyone that charges people that are obviously in financial trouble to start with, for information easily found free all over the web....

Is it just me??

L
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

No, I feel the same way. I know there's a ton of money to be made in the "sub prime credit" market, but I don't think it's right to take advantage of people or support companies that do so.

Personally, I would rather give them free information on how they can repair their credit on their own rather than send them to a paid service. Sure, I wouldn't get anything out of it, but I would know that I was doing a good thing.

I try not to promote anything that I wouldn't use myself and/or recommend to friends and family. I find it much easier to promote things I believe in.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Well said, Michael. I would say that I'm surprised to see that stuff allowed on ABW, but I know that realistically, affiliates can choose to promote whomever they wish, legit or not. And Haiko needs to run a business, so if they pay to promote themselves, so be it. My guess would be that not many ABW members would promote this though.

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Hello lstolze and Michael! Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to step in, since I'm the 'she' being referred to in the original post about ecreditrepair.com and btw my name is Susan.

While there may be many 'free' services offered on and offline to help individuals repair their credit situation, often, professionals can improve your credit history more rapidly and successfully then the 'do it yourself kits'.

I've been in a similar situation where I've tried to personally fix my own credit rating, using one of these free resources and found it to be a particularly frustrating exercise, and in the long run ended up spending more money and time without any positive results. I've now used a professional and within two months have considerably improved my rating.

These programs are available for those who need them and I'm fairly confident that ecreditrepair.com is an ethical merchant who has a value added service for those in need of it.

Thanks again and feel free to contact me privately if you'd like more information!
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

I do have a business to run, but I do filter out many offers and advertisers also - easily over $10K just this year and offer free forums to those who are starting out or need the added exposure for growth.

That being said I'm totally against pay day loan types as they only seem to perpetuate the user's problem(s) but legitimate credit repair because it is a chance to fix issues and I'm all in favor of that. Does that make sense?
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    I do have a business to run, but I do filter out many offers and advertisers also - easily over $10K just this year and offer free forums to those who are starting out or need the added exposure for growth.

That being said I'm totally against pay day loan types as they only seem to perpetuate the user's problem(s) but legitimate credit repair because it is a chance to fix issues and I'm all in favor of that. Does that make sense?
    Haiko...

First real post here. I have been around many of these type of markets for a long time. Credit repair does help folks. There is no doubt about it...but for some it just does not work.

I guess I'm jaded because I was in credit hell and used a legitimate, non-paid for service where they helped me get everything back on track. I have a problem with a service that states:

"Easily Restore Your Credit…You can quickly restore your credit rating...And with the right information, it's something you can do for yourself, quite easily."
    And,
    "You Will Discover:

* How to get your credit report for FREE!
    * How to make reading your credit report a breeze!
    * Key facts about bad credit.
    * The inside secrets to repairing your credit rating."

I can discover all that by popping onto any one of the big three reporting agencies. And anyone that promises you can restore your credit fast, and easily, is full of bunk. A bankruptcy stays on your report for 7 - 10 years. That's a fact. And no creditor worth their salt will trust you with much until that disappears.

Haiko, I apologize if this seemed like an attack on your judgement. It isn't about that at all. And I understand the point you are making. I'm just really surprised that these businesses still exist with all the heat they've taken in recent years. I know someone must be promoting them though, since I get about 20 SPAM mails a day from several of the services, including this one. (Not saying eCreditRepair are spamming, but their affiliates, which seems to show the type of affiliate that would promote this.)

Susan, I appreciate your feedback on this, but you'll forgive me if I take what you say with a grain of salt. I'm sure you are a fine person, but you are promoting their program after all, so I don't expect you to say they're bad news.

Edited for clarity...

Canadienne extraordinaire Susan's Avatar
    Thanks lstolze, I appreciate your candor :-) Share Results is deeply committed to working with quality merchants and I appreciate any feedback (from anyone, good or bad) about programs posted by SR on ABW.

Cheers, Susan
    Susan Arts
    Senior Vice President, Marketing
    Moxy Media

I saw a reference to removing negative information from your credit report that I question. I know this can be done if there's been an error or mistake made, but according to the experts, other than that, time and a good payment history going forward is the only thing that truly clears up negative information. There is no magic eraser.

Andy

Exactly Andy. If eCreditRepair is legit - then they need to work on their copy, because quite frankly, when I look at the site, I see spin and BS. I think people might be willing to pay for an ebook on all the ins and outs of credit info, but to tell them you can fix all their problems, without knowing the individual situation, is dishonest.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I saw a reference to removing negative information from your credit report that I question. I know this can be done if there's been an error or mistake made, but according to the experts, other than that, time and a good payment history going forward is the only thing that truly clears up negative information. There is no magic eraser.

Andy
    that's what credit card companies and collection agencies want you to believe, however, it is possible to remove accurate negative info off your credit report.

I've done it.

look around for credit repair forums.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread