Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Can I use GoldenCAN to find new merchants?
    Asif,

I need to add some different sirius satellite radios to a page of mine. Frankly, I am planning to use GoldenCAN in this case, but this won't always be the case.

I do this all the time as an affiliate - and it's a BIG PAIN trying to find the merchants that carry a certain product that I want to add to my site - merchant's that have an affiliate program.

So I was thinking...

Can you create some kind of default store or search thingy there, so I can go search it just for a certain product? I'll be looking to see it's results from ALL merchants that you have in your system, not just the ones I am already an affiliate for... kind of a find-a-merchant-for-a-certain-product kind of tool...

Seems to me you'd need to set up a store for me to do this - one that YOU always add all your new merchants to so I can use it to search everywhere - basically you do the work and I get the benefit...

And the way your site works, I think a lot of affiliates might use this tool even if they aren't selling through GoldenCAN - but hey, it'll get you AND your merchants lots of affiliate traffic...

What do you say? Make me a tool to help me do my job - affiliates will be visitng GoldenCAN lots more and that's got to be good for you...

Deal?

I see you lurking Mr. GoldenCAN... give me a tool?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Great Idea Donuts.

Please take a look at the following page and tell me if this is how you expected it to be?

How to find a merchant selling the products related to your website?

Also some more help documents on this page.

http://www.goldencan.com/help/

I will be adding more and more help documents on this page. if anyone have any other help document they would like to see please let me know.

Thanks
    Asif
    http://www.GoldenCAN.com

You are the man!

I just found more than 10 different merchants that have what I want to sell. Guess I've got some applying to programs work to do. I will be using GoldenCAN to promote Sirius Satellite Radio on my site. It's going to take me longer to apply than it will to code the page - you're turning the affiliate world upside down. Opening a whole can of golden whoop ass. You rock!

I anticipate this feature will bring you some good traffic. I bookmarked that puppy right away! Maybe I'm wrong, but I think affiliates will use this page a lot - it seems like you're adding merchants so fast that I no longer worry about the amount - dude - no crapola - I found 10 merchant for the radios I want to add - found them in like 10 seconds with your new feature.

Now, maybe I'm a little biased, but the dude who thought it up... he's a genius... and damn good looking too!

THANKS!

Internet Cowboy
    A whole new use for GoldenCAN and certainly an incentive for merchants to join. Affiliates will be able to find which merchant(s) carry a certain product. Great idea Donuts.
    Can you create some kind of default store or search thingy there...
    I love the advanced terminolgy

Internet Cowboy
    Asif,
    A link on that page that opens in a new window that displays all merchants and what network they are on would be helpful. Showing this in the results would be cool too, but a link to a page would work.
    Graci

the merchants names are also already in the results - nice!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Asif,
    A link on that page that opens in a new window that displays all merchants and what network they are on would be helpful. Showing this in the results would be cool too, but a link to a page would work.
    Graci
    Now that I've gone through the process, I can see the excellent point UncleScooter made above! Would help facilitate GoldenCAN users signing up, especially when they are looking for something specific (which I think is usually the case).

Thanks for the tool!

Cool!
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Great idea Donuts! I knew you were good for something...

This is a great new feature that will be very useful for affiliates and could be a major recruiting tool for merchants. GoldenCAN just keeps getting better everyday...
    [SIZE="2"][LEFT][B]David Culpepper, SubscriptionAgent.com[/B]
    [URL=http://www.subscriptionagent.com/aff/index.html]Affiliate Program Info[/URL] | E: [email=david@subscriptionagent.com]david@subscriptionagent.com[/email] | [URL=http://twitter.com/dculpepper]Twitter[/URL] | [URL=http://www.facebook.com/DavidCulpepper]Facebook[/URL]
    30% Commission & LIFETIME Cookie![/LEFT][/SIZE]

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Asif,
    Graci
    http://www.goldencan.com/help/FindMerchants.aspx

And link has been added at the bottom of this page.

http://www.goldencan.com/Merchants/G...Merchants.aspx

This link will open in a new window and shows a list of all participating merchants, their pricing model at GoldenCAN, network name, join date and much more info. You can click on the merchant name to see more detail or click on the network name to apply for their program.

Keep the good ideas coming and I will have new tools coming.

Thanks
    Asif

Internet Cowboy
    And you can sort it by column.
    Go Asif GO!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    Donuts,

the dude who thought it up... he's a genius...
    Genius, yes, forget the secong part.

Good great addition Asif.

Can you take this concept one step beyond?

How about creating a store from the item searched?

When you enter a product and the merchant and product list appears, thats exactly the store I want on my site (assuming I am already an affiliate of all the programs).

Or is there another way to create multiple merchant stores based on entering a product name?

Mr. GoldenCan
    Quote Originally Posted by markcw
    Can you take this concept one step beyond?

How about creating a store from the item searched?

When you enter a product and the merchant and product list appears, thats exactly the store I want on my site (assuming I am already an affiliate of all the programs).

Or is there another way to create multiple merchant stores based on entering a product name?
    Great thinking markcw.

The idea of this feature was created by Donuts in Andy Rodriguez’s Training in Miami. This feature has already been implemented into GoldenCAN and the control panel for making pages depending on the search terms will be available at GoldenCAN soon.

Thanks to Donuts and everyone else for letting us know what you need so we can bring those tools to add more values to your affiliate marketing.

Thanks
    Asif

Pure Genius!!!

Thanks Asif for getting this set up so quickly. I'm amazed.

I had no idea I even needed this service until I typed in the names of some of my top products and saw some merchants selling them that I did not know about. What a nice surprise.

The only thing I would suggest, and this is more personal I'm sure, is if it somehow showed what network the merchant is with. I'm not currently adding any LS merchants and really don't want to waste my time there, plus they don't seem to want us there [affiliates using GoldenCan]. Is it possible down the road you could put a check box to further define the search? For example:

__ All Networks
    __ Commission Junction
    __ LinkShare
    __ Performics
    __ BeFree
    __ ShareASale

It would be great if we could click multiple networks. And for some affiliates who have not joined a lot of networks, this would help them too.

Can't wait to see what inovations you have down the road.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Asif,

The search and create store feature will be appreciated! Can't wait to see it in action!

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread