Performics "Lost" Payments
    Recently, I did some accounting and compared my payments to my earnings.
    Lo and behold, performics fell short.

After quite a lot of buck passing and back and forth, they admitted that they "forgot" to pay me for a particular merchant. They chalked this up to an accounting error. The scary part was, this payment was from **2001**

They said... "Sorry for all the confusion, we investigated these commissions and... the $[amount removed] from [merchant removed] was an error on our end. We will make sure to pay this out to you in the next check run, which will be on July 15. Hope this helps."

Sound like a little BS?

It is very scary that they didn't "notice" until I contacted them. If this can happen with the ones I found, I wonder how many other affiliates weren't paid what they earned. I recommend that anybody with earnings check the numbers. There could be some major discrepancy here.

Anybody else seeing shadiness like this???

Cool
    >>>Anybody else seeing shadiness like this???

mistakes never happen?

No errors like this from any other provider in 7 years and maybe thousands of payments.

Completely forgetting to pay commissions for a merchant?

That goes way beyond a "mistake".

ABW Ambassador
    Probably just a mistake. So this happened once 4 years ago and didn't happen with you since then. On our end it's good to keep what you're owed and payed in check.

Yes, but scary that this never turned up with anyone else in four years.

I wonder how many other lost commissions are out there.

Hell, a bunch of people here might not have been paid.

this happens all the time... I recently found a shortage with an independent program that showed a payment that I never recieved...

I log all payments so, I have a record of what I'm paid... I contacted the company to ask about the payment, when they researched it they found the check was still in my file from '04 cuz my account had a hold on it... for some unknown reason..

I find that the most common reason for an affiliate to have funds held is not providing tax information and/or a current mailing address that matches the tax info provided..

IN our ever changing world, all businesses in the US are required to have verified tax information and verified addresses for all US based affiliates not to mention the ever changing bank laws/rules...

I now, can no longer make deposits over $1500.00 into my business account at my local bank w/o manager approval... they tell me it part of the new banking law.. good thing most of my commissions are paid by direct deposit...

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I think it could've been a mistake. It sounds like something got fubarred, causing some payments to be missed, probably with no apparent order. They probably just figured that everyone who was out one would b*tch, and that it'd be easier than manually checking a gajillion accounts.

Sure, it sounds like a really cheeseboy non-solution, but trying to find what could have been 100 needles in a 100,000-piece haystack would probably have been a pointless endeavor.

On the good side, it seems that they actually fixed the script, instead of continually adding more Scotch tape to the old one.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Do you mind sharing what merchant it was, just in case others were affected?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread