A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Tons of sales from September...
    JUST posted on LS! What is up? I was drowning, and couldn't figure out why. Now I get a sudden influx of sales - some from the beginning of the month. Now what's that about tracking never being screwed up...??
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

Affiliate Manager Sami B - Uncommon Goods's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    Now what's that about tracking never being screwed up...??
    Hi lstolze,

This is actually good news. It proves that tracking was not screwed, only reporting was

Internet Cowboy
    I keep waiting for my bundle of sales to appear. I know I have a lot with a certain merchant that have not appeared yet...or I better have a lot somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lstolze
    JUST posted on LS! What is up? I was drowning, and couldn't figure out why. Now I get a sudden influx of sales - some from the beginning of the month. Now what's that about tracking never being screwed up...??
    I get this a lot with Macy's, where I will show no sales sometimes for almost 2 weeks. Then all of a sudden I will get a whole bundle of sales come in at once! This is actually a pain because commissions are very often carried over to the following month due to the late reporting.

Wow, I can only hope this will happen to me. Something is really strange about my stats this month.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    I get this a lot with Macy's, where I will show no sales sometimes for almost 2 weeks.
    That will mean they are having problems with their LTRANS reports, that's the file that sends the sales data to LinkShare from the merchant server. It should go as often as once every 15 minutes.

If it stalls for some reason then no data is sent. The good news being that the files can all be resent at any time so no sales data is lost.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

That's right Chris. Our LTRANS is updated after every sale. When in question contact your AM. One benefit of LinkShare is that you can pull the latest transaction file and see individual affiliate orders and sales. I compile a daily transaction report and can see when an affiliate makes a jump in sales. When I congratulate tehm, they are often shocked as they didn't know they made the sale.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Well guess what! The sales were there - with valid products through valid merchants on my site, and now they're all gone again. Like $700 in sales just disappeared as quickly as it appeared. What's going on? And where are all my sales?? I'm not sure how this could be 'an error' as these were valid individual products sold through my site.... Someone please enlighten me.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

In tears
    My sales commission had $3,200 yesterday as it said I had sold almost 300 items for Petsmart. Now today it is only $75. Items cancelled is only 133 out of the 300 so I'm not sure why it is down to $75. Did this happen to anyone else? I pull my affiliate account up almost daily & you have no idea how thrilled I was to see such high sales for September. I normally get a couple hundred dollars a month or less. I was in tears of happiness when I saw $3,200 now I just have that sickening feeling!

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darthvadersmum
    My sales commission had $3,200 yesterday as it said I had sold almost 300 items for Petsmart. Now today it is only $75. Items cancelled is only 133 out of the 300 so I'm not sure why it is down to $75. Did this happen to anyone else? I pull my affiliate account up almost daily & you have no idea how thrilled I was to see such high sales for September. I normally get a couple hundred dollars a month or less. I was in tears of happiness when I saw $3,200 now I just have that sickening feeling!
    :-( I'm sinking for you D.V's Mum. Dang ... that's gotta be disheartening.

The bright side is: Q4 is upon us. We should all see a surge in sales from everywhere.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread