commission junction Parasiteware
    This is not acceptable. Several weeks ago this web site, www.jaja-jak-globusy.com, started showing up in my invalid links report. I have absolutely nothing to do with this web site and this was definite proof of parasitic behavior at commission junction.

I contacted CJ about this. Over a period of days the data in the invalid link report started disappearing. Then commission junction closed the question as “solved” with a statement that said “Sorry for the delay, I don’t see any invalid links. Has this been resolved?” Or something like that. I’m sure that whoever wrote that, and then closed the question knew about the invalid links – or it was a coincidence that the ticket was closed as soon as the data disappeared.

I opened another ticket which is still “unsolved” stating that what they did was unacceptable. To summarize:

- I contact CJ about suspicious activity
    - Someone at cj removes the invalid link reports
    - Someone closes the call without resolving or contacting me.
    - I slowly start replacing my ads with non-cj ads as my trust for cj drops to zero
    Contact me

They know they will still make money regardless if it comes from my site or this parasite. I’ve slowly started the process of moving, with good results so far, and don’t expect an answer from cj. I am very upset about what cj did and hope that others keep their guard up. Also, please take a look at your logs and see if you see the above-mentioned parasite (not cj, the jaja-jak one.) They appear to be all over the place.

Tony

Trusted Third Party?

NOT...

CJ Will DO Anything To Take Money Away From HONEST AFFILIATES....

Sorry About Your Situation!

Time To Get Rid Of These So Called "TRUSTED THIRD PARTIES"
    They Cannot Be "TRUSTED" Any Longer...

MERCHANTS ARE YOU LISTENING??
    Or Do You CARE Whether Your Money Comes To You Honestly Or Not?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    If CJ's SEM/SEO in-house team is putting up these template Adwords only sites then they'd sure like to hide the trail. More likey they know the site scrapping and the PPCSE frauds and elevate them to premier publisher status with a few winks to the Google and soon Yahoo compliance teams. Similar commission stealing and PPCSE account draining wanks operate sites like http://www.squishyneo.com/contents/complete31.php
    or http://www.rentalqueue.com/contents/complete02.php
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

www.jaja-jak-globusy.com
    is only a blank html page did they take it down or only the index page?
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I think ABestWEb scared them
    Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    www.jaja-jak-globusy.com
    is only a blank html page did they take it down or only the index page?
    No, they didn't take it down. They have done a very recent change to their page redirecting it to the blank index_none.php page. It appears they did this after the post here on ABestWeb.

Befor it was a "directory" except the junk they served was Google ads - for whatever term you typed in - all Google ads. Since they are using this para-site for other more profitable purposes, they probably took the front page off for now but this is a very recent change. Coincidence cj? As a reminder - please check your logs for that web site. They are popping up all over the place even non affiliate web sites. But they don't have a legitimate link on their web at all to be referred from.

I am not sure I 100% understand what you are saying but...if you are seeing links with a referring URL that is not yours, it is not parasitic, since they are using your affiliate code (PID). Otherwise, you wouldn't see this information. We have seen numerous cases where content is "repurposed" and the tracking code is not changed, which results in traffic (and sometimes commissions) being tracked from a domain that you do not own.

Is this what you are saying is happening?
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

My thoughts on this too. I'm thinking you have a wrong merchant ID somewhere on one or more of your links. Did you do any global search and replace of links? I've done that before and screwed them up. It's pretty easy to do and hard to find until one of those reports comes in.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    "repurposed" is a great term.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyAdvancement
    This is not acceptable. Several weeks ago this web site, www.jaja-jak-globusy.com, started showing up in my invalid links report. I have absolutely nothing to do with this web site and this was definite proof of parasitic behavior at commission junction.
    They know they will still make money regardless if it comes from my site or this parasite. I’ve slowly started the process of moving, with good results so far, and don’t expect an answer from cj. I am very upset about what cj did and hope that others keep their guard up. Also, please take a look at your logs and see if you see the above-mentioned parasite (not cj, the jaja-jak one.) They appear to be all over the place.
    I'm not understanding exactly what this site is... It does show up in the Eastwood referrer logs... So what can I do? How can I tell where these links are really coming from? I'm not a stranger to detecting parasites, but I need some more info on this one.
    [size=2]Amanda Moralis
    The Eastwood Company
    [email="affiliates@eastwood.com"]affiliates AT eastwood.com[/email]
    [url="http://www.eastwood.com/jump.jsp?itemID=34&itemType=CONTENT"]Sign-up Link[/url]
    [/size]

you see if your log is showing a site that has one or more of your links on it what the site owner does is a search on google for a certain topic....
    lets say "fish"...
    the site owner then copies all the results from the first few pages of google that contain the best topics of the word "fish"..

the site owner then paste the page result in an html page... but before they do that they make sure that they slap their google ad words sponsored links at the top of the page...

that way when other people do a search on "fish" in google his page may end up being one of the top pages... and that's how people benefit from your links.. mainly by using it to rank their high..

trust me that's how i've lost alot of my traffic is from sites like that.. so what i do is report them as spam to google... or which ever search engine i'm on...
    Visit me over at... [URL=http://www.socialrankings.com]Social Rankings[/URL] or [URL=http://revenuerobot.blogspot.com]Revenue Robot[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Androo
    you see if your log is showing a site that has one or more of your links on it what the site owner does is a search on google for a

Hi Androo,

I'm aware of this SEO scam but the situation here is that the web site they are using does not appear on the para-site at all. But I do get the situation you described alot.

Tony

Wink
    Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    My thoughts on this too. I'm thinking you have a wrong merchant ID somewhere on one or more of your links. Did you do any global search and replace of links? I've done that before and screwed them up. It's pretty easy to do and hard to find until one of those reports comes in.
    I don't need to do a global search since I use an ad server. I usually have only one or two places I need to worry about as far as placing the link. When I get the code I copy the whole link cj provides since I know I would always make a mistake with the ID if I try to go manual. Thanks though.

Tony

Thanks Aviators, Androo, this is what I'm talking about. In the link provided someone say...
    "It's not even a scraper site.. At least a scraper site scrapes content to display with adsense ads.. this is an Adsense only site as far as I can see. Just a page with adsense ads."

So why is it showing up in logs as a referer? That's what I'm curious about.

Tony

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    More info at http://spamhuntress.com/2005/06/26/n...omain-parking/
    CJ runs a SEO/SEM for fee business (Merchants and Supers). If anyone should know,who and how, it would be CJ and Google. Todd best make waves to shut down this operation and PR hijacking as a service to their paying customers.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    I am not sure I 100% understand what you are saying but...if you are seeing links with a referring URL that is not yours, it is not parasitic, since they are using your affiliate code (PID). Otherwise, you wouldn't see this information. We have seen numerous cases where content is "repurposed" and the tracking code is not changed, which results in traffic (and sometimes commissions) being tracked from a domain that you do not own.

Is this what you are saying is happening?

Hi Todd,

To be parasitic they need my PID or web site or link in the first place. Otherwise parasites would die since they would have nothing to feed on. What I should never see whatsoever is that para-site in my invalid links report. The web site is obviously not a legitimate member of cj since the web site serves no purpose other than for malicious reasons. And they have no visible external links except Google ads. So in short – there should be nothing to track from that web site in the first place.

The purpose of my web site is to make money for my family and I, not for these para-sites, so please tell cj not to repurpose my links again.

Since cj is now able to tell whether a tracking code has changed or not from a domain other than their own, can I also assume that cj can find out what affiliate this tracking code originated from? That would help us immensely.

This is the last message I received from cj regarding this matter. I received it on the 22nd – about a week ago. I’ve received about five of those messages already but no one ever contact me other than your post.

“This message is to let you know that Commission Junction has not forgotten your question and is still working to provide you with an answer. Although it is not always possible, we hope to respond within the next 24 hours! Thanks for your patience.”

Thanks for inquiring Todd

NavyAdvancement,

If you are seeing these URLs in your invalid link reports, it means they are using your links to generate traffic. The only publisher that could earn a commission from this traffic is you, since it coming from your PID. This is not considered parasitic, since your links are not getting overwritten.

I am however having this website investigated by NQ to see exactly what they are doing and if there are any issues effecting our publishers or advertisers.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Parasite in commission junction
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    NavyAdvancement,

If you are seeing these URLs in your invalid link reports, it means they are using your links to generate traffic. The only publisher that could earn a commission from this traffic is you, since it coming from your PID. This is not considered parasitic, since your links are not getting overwritten.

I am however having this website investigated by NQ to see exactly what they are doing and if there are any issues effecting our publishers or advertisers.
    To summarize about this parasite in commission junction

- I contact CJ about suspicious activity regarding jaja-jak-globusy – a parasite
    - Someone at cj removes the invalid link report regarding this parasite in cj
    - Someone closes the call without resolving or contacting me about parasitic behavior in cj.
    - I open another call letting them know that this is unacceptable; closing this call
    - After posting on AbestWeb about cj not doing anything about this parasite, jaja-jak-globusy’s front page changes and now redirects to another page which is blank
    - Unresolved second cj ticket, regarding this parasite, over a week old remains open
    - cj states in this forum they will have this parasite investigated
    - I slowly start replacing my ads with non-cj ads as my trust for cj drops to zero

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread