How to Fool Froogle.
    Does anyone have any work arounds the froogle requirments. I've been able to slip a few datafeeds in on them but they require that your Image Url and your product url match. So even if you create static pages you still have the problem of your images url not matching the url you submitted for the store.

Any suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by gaorenst
    Does anyone have any work arounds the froogle requirments. I've been able to slip a few datafeeds in on them but they require that your Image Url and your product url match. So even if you create static pages you still have the problem of your images url not matching the url you submitted for the store.

Any suggestions

You are nothing but a low life scammer. Can't do it fair? I guess cheating will get you somewhere for a while....
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

Please explain how that is cheating. Somewhat new. So I"m not aware of it being cheeting. Same thing as submitting products to PPC or submitting products to a comparison shopping network but froogle just happens to be free.

Please explain to me the difference Nubert.

Any suggestions
    How can you post this here? You obviously don't know much about this site because we frown upon this kind of activity. Froogle is only meant for merchants, not affiliates. I'm sure there's something in their terms of service that forbid this kind of activity.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

My apologies for the offence.. Wont happen again.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib
    How can you post this here? You obviously don't know much about this site because we frown upon this kind of activity. Froogle is only meant for merchants, not affiliates. I'm sure there's something in their terms of service that forbid this kind of activity.

- Scott
    Not only is it against Froogles TOS to submit a product feed, not directly managed by the site owners shopping cart, but the affiliate perp usually gets his site bannished from Google's SERPs for the deceptive efforts. They consider it a form of Phishing with a feed.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    What Ecom said ( Did I just type that?).

It's indeed against the Froogle TOS. And, unlike the spidered listings, it should be extremely easy for them to spot it--you'd be sending it right to them, rather than it coming in along with terabytes of other spidered data. Sending an aff feed up to Froogle is akin to speeding past a cop car at 100MPH...with a 2-foot tall neon license plate.

Best to be patient, let them send their spider out, and hope IT will put your pages into Froogle for you... It's not guaranteed, but it does sometimes happen.

Unlike the regular listings, which I figure are fair game (they came into the "wild" to get them--so they gets what they gets ), IMO it's not nearly as sporting to directly upload things to them against their TOS. Kind of like the difference between putting out tasty bait (and getting others to say, "oooh delicious, look!")...and forcing it down their throat.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader,

Thank you for the educational response. I truely appreciate. Newbie here so just learning. seams like everyone else wanted to bite my head of without telling me what was actualy wrong.

Thanks,

I'm not trying to be mean in anyway here, as I am fairly new to all of this too, but...

If you think about it logically, for a second, if everyone did that then Froogle would be pointless. The whole system would be pointless. All the affiliates would be submitting their own feeds on the Merchants behalf, making the system rather useless.

I saw one come up the other day when I was searching Google, and I was astonished as it didn't make sense to me... But as Leader said, their spidering system may just pick it up and then you get lucky

Newbie here so just learning. seams like everyone else wanted to bite my head of without telling me what was actualy wrong.
    That's what many around here will sound like, gaorenst; but don't be afraid if you are here really for learning how to make it right... That's how you learn best.

Geno

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread