LOCKED, but Not Paid - What's Up With This?
    It was my understanding that CJ requires merchants to keep funds in an account for paying commissions. This inspired confidence about getting paid because the money was already in the bank, so to speak.

Last year when a major merchant I promoted filed bankruptcy, I got screwed out of earnings I made via Performics but was paid for the amounts earned at CJ. I was in the process of changing all my links from Performics to CJ when I was surprised by the bankruptcy. I kicked myself because I didn't get all the links changed over sooner.

Since the much bemoaned upgrade, things seem to have changed. I have no problem with the upgrade, in general. In fact, I like some of the new reporting features much better. However, I would like to know what is going on with the payment process since the upgrade. I've mentioned this in several other threads, without getting a response, so I'm starting this thread to put a spotlight on the issue.

Before the upgrade, you had NEW transactions that at the beginning of the following month either became LOCKED or EXTENDED. You could count on receiving all the LOCKED amounts in your payment on the 20th, and knew you had to wait until the following month to receive the EXTENDED amounts.

NOW things look a whole lot different.

Code:
    Pending Commissions 
    New    $1,500.00 USD  
    Extended  $25.00 USD  
    Locked   $500.00 USD  
    Total  $2,025.00 USD  

Current Balance (September, 2005)  
    Beginning Balance       $0.00  USD  
    Commissions         $1,500.00  USD  
    Fees                    $0.00  USD  
    Publisher Payments ($1,450.00) USD  
    Total                  $50.00  USD
    Does this mean that even though the commissions are LOCKED, the merchant hasn't paid CJ and the LOCKED amount in Pending Commissions will not move down to the Current Balance section until CJ receives payment from the merchant? Why isn't CJ requiring the merchant to keep enough in their account to cover commissions any more? Why can't we count on getting paid the amount we are owed on the 20th of the following month any more?

My Direct Deposit in September was short ONE-THIRD of the LOCKED commissions I earned. Do I now have to wait an additional month to receive those funds? They haven't even moved out of Pending to Current Balance yet, and we're at the end of the month.

IMO, CJ didn't finish all your payment by 20th. They will pay you next month in that case. I hate when this happens to me.

Nope. CJ will not pay you until they get paid. That is what I was told by CJ customer service. CJ will no longer shoulder any risk and you really can't blame them. Your best option is to jump on the AM for the program that is locked. I was promoting Aloha Airlines and the AM said they won't pay until 90 days has gone by because that is the way they do it with their travel agents. I promptly dropped them but i have 2 months of locked commissions waiting.

I was promoting Aloha Airlines and the AM said they won't pay until 90 days has gone by because that is the way they do it with their travel agents. I promptly dropped them but i have 2 months of locked commissions waiting.
    Those transactions should be listed as exteded then .

I haven't been paid for any of my locked transactions and they are from a variety of merchants...so I don't buy anything (excuses) thats going on right now. Especially since there has been no response from CJ---I can only assume things are F'ed up over there.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Well now finally the reports are saying payment has been issued today 10-29...at least I can hopefully expect a payment instead of hanging in limbo.
    Suz~~GearGirl~~

Quote Originally Posted by suzigeek
    Those transactions should be listed as exteded then .

I haven't been paid for any of my locked transactions and they are from a variety of merchants...so I don't buy anything (excuses) thats going on right now. Especially since there has been no response from CJ---I can only assume things are F'ed up over there.
    I think they might have done away with extended due to non-payment in favor of just leaving the balance in the locked section until payment is received from the merchant. I do wonder, however, if they're still providing credit for certain merchants such as was done in the case of KB Toys way back when (just have to hope that none of your big merchants go belly up without paying CJ first).

I think they're providing credit. The held over more than $1,000 in payouts last month and these were not extended transactions. How do you find out what merchants these are from?

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar
    How do you find out what merchants these are from?
    Click on the Dollar amount in blue beside locked. You will get a list of all the transactions. If you click on each one, you will see which merchant it is. Mine are easy to figure out. They are all for exactly the same merchant, and the balance in locked is the same amount I earned with that merchant in August. Unfortunately, it is one of my larger producing merchants, so it was a third of my income for August.

Why is CJ waiving the requirement to maintain an account balance for some merchants? I thought one of the big selling points about working with CJ was the fact that they already have the money in the bank. If we have to wait an additional month to get paid, that moves CJ into the same category as Performics and LS.

Atlast I got paid.... Thanks CJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    ...I thought one of the big selling points about working with CJ was the fact that they already have the money in the bank. If we have to wait an additional month to get paid, that moves CJ into the same category as Performics and LS.
    True when CJ want to have more affiliates. On the other hand, allowing credit is a good selling point to the merchants. CJ needs to balance it so they can make most out of it. Unfortunately, someone will get hurt.

didn't read the entire thread so don't know if it was answered. Got a headache

But I was told that Locked meant that we have been owed money for over 30 days but no payment from merchant.
    closed means that CJ recieved payment and will send us payment when its that tiem of month.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread