Question I feel like ET -- but can't phone home
    Not sure why, but the "Help" and "Contact Us" links are dead on all CJ pages, no matter what browser I try. Which is a real problem, because they offer no way I can find to contact them other than going through that "Contact Us" link -- every e-mail I've ever gotten from them came from a "NoResponse" address. So if anybody knows another way to reach them, by e-mail or phone -- preferably this weekend -- I'd really appreciate it.

Or perhaps someone out there can answer the question I have for CJ: How the heck do I change the URL on one of my websites without killing it completely and thus losing, I presume, all related affiliate programs, links, etc.? There must be a way -- I can't imagine I'm the only one who has ever upgraded both URL and website after running an earlier, less responsive, site for awhile.

Anybody?

Tnx.

I would send a carrier pigeon . . . you'll have an equal amount of luck that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger
    How the heck do I change the URL on one of my websites without killing it completely and thus losing, I presume, all related affiliate programs, links, etc.? There must be a way -- I can't imagine I'm the only one who has ever upgraded both URL and website after running an earlier, less responsive, site for awhile.
    There are two ways I think of you can do it.

(1) In CJ, go to ACCOUNT. Select the WEB SITE SETTINGS tab. Add the new URL. This will give you a new account (PID) number you will need to use for that website. In this case, you would have to join each program you are currently promoting so that the new PID will work. Then if you have the capability with whatever software you are using, you could just do a Global Search/Replace on your codes, changing "click-999999-" (PID for old URL) to "click-8888888-" (PID for new URL). All CJ coding that tracks your account uses that same part with your PID in it in the link.

(2) You could just use your existing account numbers on the new URL. I think it is the numbers, not the URL that are tracked. I don't think CJ checks the account number against the URL to make sure they match. Even seen posts here were people have received sales for merchants they aren't promoting, guessing that somebody used the wrong PID at their website. But this may be against CJ rules. Some merchants might object to being on your new URL without being approved first.

The other thing to consider is the search engines. If you are going to make a duplicate website using a different URL, you may get penalized in the search engines for this. Are you going to take the first URL down completely?

Something I just noticed when in my account. I can select a current website, Press Edit Settings, and the URL is open so that I could change it. This is strange. It offers the possibility that you could just change the old URL to the new URL, but once again I wonder if this would be against some CJ rules.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread