Angry
    About 2 weeks ago..... i noticed that my august payments had been sent... but there was 1 problem.. I made $386 during August... yet.. i had been paid just $39.95 ... this got me fuming That may seem like a tiny piece of money.. but to me its sufficient money... so i emailed CJ and got this reply:

The remainder of your "Locked" August transactions are all from the same advertiser. If the advertisers do not have sufficient funds in their accounts to pay out their publishers at the time the payout scripts are run, then the commissions from that advertiser will not be included in that particular payout. Once the advertiser has replenished their account, you will be eligible to receive this amount when the payout scripts are run again.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Sounds like your beef is with the merchant. I'd contact their affiliate manager and see what the problem is. Might want to give them a piece of your mind.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Rarely, but yes.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I would be angry, too!
    Quote Originally Posted by wtb77
    About 2 weeks ago..... i noticed that my august payments had been sent... but there was 1 problem.. I made $386 during August... yet.. i had been paid just $39.95 ... this got me fuming That may seem like a tiny piece of money.. but to me its sufficient money... so i emailed CJ and got this reply:

The remainder of your "Locked" August transactions are all from the same advertiser. If the advertisers do not have sufficient funds in their accounts to pay out their publishers at the time the payout scripts are run, then the commissions from that advertiser will not be included in that particular payout. Once the advertiser has replenished their account, you will be eligible to receive this amount when the payout scripts are run again.

Do you know which advertiser it is? If so, I would remove the links immediately. That is BS that that don't have the money in the account to pay you - the sales were made, they just kept the money in their pockets. Why isn't CJ making these merchants keep money in escrow?
    Blessed Be,
    White Wolf

15 years and counting
    It means CJ is extending credit to this merchant at YOUR expense. This is NOT acceptable and it was not accepted by CJ a long time ago. The merchants should have an escrow account, if the account run out of fund, the links are desactivated, plain and simple. I've seen some big merchants being deactivated overnight, the next morning the money was wired to their CJ account (they don't like to show in the expired section).

Perhaps Todd will explain why CJ allows this to happen. As an affiliate, I expect CJ to make sure they are doing business with reputable merchants who will fulfill their responsibilities. If credit is being extended, I would like to know about it so I can decide if I want to continue to promote those merchants.

If CJ decides to extend credit, it should be at THEIR OWN RISK, not the affiliates who are promoting that merchant, who don't know there is no money in their account. In that case, CJ should be liable for all commissions due.

Andy

I see this ALL the time nothing new... I eventually get paid.

I had this happen with ValueClick being the merchant.
    I don't think the owner of the company has any right to have an empty account. It was not peanuts either, like over 2 grand. They just paid me the next month.

Yes, welcome to the world of CJ extending credit...but you don't get paid.

It happened to me for two months in a row only to find out after that point that the merchant left CJ and CJ could not/would not do anything to help me get paid.

This has been my one real criticism of CJ extending credit like this. I understand how their system works, but after one month of no payment from the merchant CJ should NOT extend them another month.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Ummm be happy you get paid in 60 days
    In the CPM world you get PO's that have payment terms of 90 to 120 days.

Also I think if you run your site like a business you your self should be willing to extend credit. Just like someone said. These companies should have escrow accounts. And we as business owners should have savings accounts as well incase we need to wait an extra 30 days for payment.

But if the merchant gets out of hand and makes it a habbit or something then I would remove links.

Thumbs down
    It's CJ as usual . . .

Is there no insurance cover from the merchant to cj. A contract is sign between merchant and cj and in between clauses there certainly is a clause mentioning about money and payment. cj is the middle man for the affiliates, passing payment from merchant to affiliate.

cj should insist a banker guarantee from merchant in their contract. They can work out the amount of banker guarantee depending on their turnover and both cj and merchant share the premium for the banker guarantee.

With the banker guarantee, should merchant fails to pay or fold up, cj can claim the amount from the bank to pay the affiliates.

thats why there is business insurance that covers loss of income

Maybe it's something to do with the fee payments, etc. from CJs end because a few weeks ago we were charged payments for August then last week this fee was reversed, and then the old fees from June and July were taken out - I think after there downtown in August they are still trying to figure out which way is up or down.

Definitely keep up with the numbers to make sure you don't lose anything, in my experience they always figure out what payments they were owed eventually but that doesn't mean they always figure out what other people were owed, etc. the list goes on.

Contacting the merchant might be a good place to start though, b/c if something did happen the merchant can work on getting it sorted out for you as well and then you are both working on the problem.

Hope it all sorts out - soon CJ please soon can you get things sorted out!!!!

Amanda

Thanks guys! I will contact the merchant affiliate manager.. im not letting them get away with this

That was their excuse for not paying me, too.

Expect to see a whole lot of this over the holiday season.

If things run true to form, CJ will extend credit over the holidays and then, the merchant(s) will close the program and all your holiday sales will be reversed.

Seems to happen every year with some merchant(s) or other.

Don't count on ever seeing a penny of CJ commish since they don't even tell you when they extend credit or who they extend it to. Maybe, you will be paid. Maybe, you won't. I think this should be illegal.

Since the big shopping season is approaching, you better give a lot of thought to who you promote. People have been burned big time in the past.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I have a simalr problem .I have sales that are 2 months old but because this merchant hasn't paid CJ, my commisiiona re locked or still pending. Make no sense to me why CJ would allow this. This is what i wrote back to them:

Hello, I have read all the information and completely understand the pending, locked and what not. So basically, a merchant can lock an affiliate payment for up to 60 days. Then, they are forced to pay. Am I correct on the general assumption of this? If so, why in the world would I want to place links on my site from merchants that are not only going to make me wait 60 days to decide if I get a commission, but then again I have to wait an addition 30 on top of that for it to be paid to me on the appropriate payment date of CJ? If that is the case, it makes no sense form a business stand point of why CJ would allow merchants to wait that long to pay affiliates. So Folica.com, which is the merchant that I am not being paid by, is going to try to tell me that they haven't sent an order from August to a customer, and that is why they are locking or pending the payment? The customer has been straightening their hair with the iron that I recommended for 2 months now while I wait to be paid. Hmmmm doesn't sound correct or fair to me. Could you please tell me if I am correct as far as having to wait min 60 days for this merchant? If this is the case, I will quickly remove all head back to merchants from other programs that at least pay within 30 days. Thank you for your time, Debra

Wonder if this happens with all merchants, if so i will pull all CJ links and go back to linkshae (uggggg) and amazon ( which pays bupcas!)

Quote Originally Posted by tamen76
    I have a simalr problem .I have sales that are 2 months old but because this merchant hasn't paid CJ, my commisiiona re locked or still pending. Make no sense to me why CJ would allow this. This is what i wrote back to them:

Hello, I have read all the information and completely understand the pending, locked and what not. So basically, a merchant can lock an affiliate payment for up to 60 days. Then, they are forced to pay. Am I correct on the general assumption of this? If so, why in the world would I want to place links on my site from merchants that are not only going to make me wait 60 days to decide if I get a commission, but then again I have to wait an addition 30 on top of that for it to be paid to me on the appropriate payment date of CJ? If that is the case, it makes no sense form a business stand point of why CJ would allow merchants to wait that long to pay affiliates. So Folica.com, which is the merchant that I am not being paid by, is going to try to tell me that they haven't sent an order from August to a customer, and that is why they are locking or pending the payment? The customer has been straightening their hair with the iron that I recommended for 2 months now while I wait to be paid. Hmmmm doesn't sound correct or fair to me. Could you please tell me if I am correct as far as having to wait min 60 days for this merchant? If this is the case, I will quickly remove all head back to merchants from other programs that at least pay within 30 days. Thank you for your time, Debra

Wonder if this happens with all merchants, if so i will pull all CJ links and go back to linkshae (uggggg) and amazon ( which pays bupcas!)
    Uhh... not sure what you're saying exactly, but transactions from merchants that automatically extend can be delayed from at least 50 days to at most 81 days, without CJ causing any of the problem. You will receive payments for "normal" transactions from 20-51 days from the date of the transaction. You should contact the merchant to find out why they extended transaction at the end of August, but that is quite normal for many merchants, especially those with return policies of 30 or more days (so they can reserve the right to reverse the transaction).

LS and Performics now have bi-weekly payouts. Perhaps it's time we put pressure on CJ to step up and do the same?

Fred

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread