Question [2005] Should I promote Zappos?
    Zappos is almost covering all shoes brands, that's Why I'm thinking to promote it heavily, but I have also read some horror stories about %70+ Reversals with zappos, is this true?
    I started promoting shoes a month ago, Currently I am promoting shoes from a single merchant, it has 0.5% reversals, and I'm happy with this rate.

I can't afford more than 5% reversals. What are your comments about zappos.

If you think that zappos is not the right choice due to reversals, then please recommend any other shoes merchant, which covers good number of brands, and have large collection of shoes.
    Last edited by Nabz; April 23rd, 2014 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Removed signature

Don't promote shoes if you can't afford more than 5% reversals. It ain't gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by breny
    Don't promote shoes if you can't afford more than 5% reversals. It ain't gonna happen.
    I agree with Breny! As for 70% reversal rate, for me Zappo's normally ran between 25 - 35% reversal rate but they also convert better than any other shoe merchant to date. Shoebuy also use to be good one for me. My shoe site doesn't do much of anything anymore due to lack of traffic but that's how it was in the past

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breny
    It does indeed happen.

ShoeMall. They hardly ever reverse on me. Of course, they don't start out with inflated conversion ratios like Zappos, but since a huge part of Zappos' "conversions" end up reversed, I think it actually comes out in my favor. Granted, shoes aren't a big category for me, but when a sale does come in for me, there's a huge chance that it's going to stay!

Don't be swayed by how many Zappos "sales" seem to appear in your account at first. The difference between their 7-day and 3-month EPC shows that lot of Zappos' so-called conversions are just air. Not to mention threads and threads and threads throughout the years blatantly saying how much Zappos sucks!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

I wouldn't say zappos sucks. In fact they are a killer at converting. The double edged sword is of course the reversal rate. Mine has been around 50%. The rule of thumb on zappos is to not get excited about the amount of sales during the month. Wait until the sales lock on the 10th. I don't even factor zappos sales into my monthly income until the 10th has gone by. If your doing natural search, it's well worth setting up a datafeed site. If your doing PPC, don't bother with Zappos. You want places that have little or no reversals.

A Real *and* Darn Cool Member! lstolze's Avatar
    Let me preface my opinion by saying I have only promoted them a few months, and haven't had any reversals - yet. I like them because even though I don't heavily promote them to the point of mad sales all the time, when I do make a sale, it's usually for $200+. My biggest sale was like $470. I know as a woman that loves shoes, Zappos is a GREAT place for me to shop, and I suspect that other women feel the same way. So you have the potential to make some good, meaty sales. I haven't had the same success with (nor do I personally like) many of these other shoe stores. So I guess you have to weigh the benefit of promoting a very popular, easy to promote shoe store against their notorious reversal rate.
    ~Lisa - Brilliant Mastermind, or Nut? You decide!

When it comes to shoes, its a hard choice. You either have to deal with the masters of the reversal or the flea farms. I used to make quite a bit of money selling shoes, but things have been on a steadily downward spiral since the beginning of this year.

Zappos will reverse you hard core. I would not waste my time.

So, the conclusion is I must not promote zappos.

What about Shoes.com? , what is the reversal rate of shoes.com?

Just to add my 2 cents. Last month Aug 2010 I got 58% reversals from Zappos. In July it was 49%... I am fed up! It's a waste of time and money!

If their return rate is the same on non-affiliate sales as it is on affiliate sales, we can assume that more than 2/3 of their inventory gets shipped, returned, and shipped out again - and another 1/3 of the "second tries" returned again and shipped again to yet another customer..... When you figure in the cost of the product, 3 to 5 or more shipping bills, plus the other costs of doing business.... where is there any room for any profit? How do they even stay afloat?
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

Recently Zappos changed the rule to not pay for sales when customers click zappos link on their newsletters (Zappos Promotional emails to customers) . Such sales do show up in CJ transaction reports, but they are reversed by Zappos. Its the best explanation for the recent spike in reversals, upto 60%

That would certainly defeat the "unlimited occurrences during cookie duration" that is also outlined in their terms. The next logical chip with the same chisel would be to void sales that are made if a customer clicks to a different page than the one they landed on. I agree with inetsol that promoting Zappos is starting to become a very weary enterprise; it reminds me of the proverbial 3-legged dog trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond.
    CUSTOM BANNERS by GRAPHICS CANDY ~ Banner Sets and Website Graphics ~ Professional design, reasonable rates
    DESIGNER DOG CHECKS ~ We double-dog dare ya to write one!

This thread may win one of the all-time awards for resurrecting OLD threads -- it's from October 2005??

Hasn't Zappos straightened things out by now? If not, will they?

I don't do Zappos, so I have no idea -- but I love the fact it's a 5-year-old resurrection. LOL!
    Generate more fake news.

i love zappos, they'll send my daughter trough university

If it has such a high volume of reversals, I would steer well clear, 70%+ is insane!

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread