CJ links and IE 7
    The encrypt link doesn't work. Still shows the CJ link. But I doubt CJ will fix the problem before IE 7 goes gold. Since they can't even fix the problems at CJ.

I havent used the encrypt link for my links in a while. To tell you the truth I don't think they ever worked in the first place. I had 10 friends come up to me and say Vinny I like your site but when I click on the links nothing happens.

When they came out with the Encrypt links I changed all mine to that and man am I sorry I did. I have since changed them back one by one as I find them and all of a sudden I am getting sales again. I should of grabbed someone at cj last week and explained my problem maybe they could see if something was up with my account.

I think the purpose of the encyptlink is not to prevent norton or what not but to show the destination url in the status bar and not the cj link.

all I know is it made my sites worthless for about 3 months or more. I knew sales were down but I went all the way to 0 sales. I couldn't figure out why. I was thinking the parasite people were getting revenge or something somehow. I dropped quite a few cj merchants and replaced them with shareasale merchants. It wasn't as much as dropping them as it was getting rid of the encrpyted links. IMHO of course

Well, now that you mention it the links that I've encrypted have not performed so hot either. I wonder if that's the problem. CJ: Another "new" update that wasn't tested first?

Andy

Don't see how that would drop your sales the only thing that is added to the link is a mouse over. It doesn't change the link at all.

But what I can see happening is. The person hovers over the link and sees it goes to blahblah.com and instead of clicking the link they enter it into the URL. Thats why I change the status to my sites URL

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Encrypted links are NOT the "hide destination URL links!" The encryption and the URL hiding can both be used at the same time, but they're actually two different things.

Encrypted, but not URL-hidden, link sample:

< *a href="http://www.************/s370kjspjr6CCBC9D**AB98GG" target="_top" >1-800 CONTACTS<*/a><*img src="http://www.***********/90103o26v0zKQQPQNRK**PNMUU" width="1" height="1" border="0">

Unencrypted 'Hide Tracking Code in Link' sample:

<*a href="http://www.************/click-MYCJPID-9342199" target="_top" onmouseover="window.status='http://www.1800contacts.com';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;">1-800 CONTACTS<*/a><*img src="http://www.***********/image-MYCJPID-9342199" width="1" height="1" border="0">

(Asterisks added at beginning of tags to stop them from rendering. The other asterisks are added by the board, cuz the "new" CJ URLs are still secret...)

I didn't have any luck with the encryped format either, when I tried it. Link-hiding ALONE seems to work, but when I used encryption (with or without link-hiding), sales tanked. So I changed them back. I wasn't sure at the time if it was CJ or a rankings change, but this thread makes me think it was CJ after all!
    Last edited by Leader; October 2nd, 2005 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Edited numerous times for formatting...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Well, I am definitely going to change my encrypted links back to non-encrypted ones. I just have to remember where all of them are located...

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    Well, I am definitely going to change my encrypted links back to non-encrypted ones. I just have to remember where all of them are located...

Andy
    Good idea...

Fred

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I have a zillion links that would need to be changed back.

I hope CJ comments on this before I spend hours making changes

opps I meant the Hide Links don't work in IE 7 as leader said.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    I have a zillion links that would need to be changed back.

I hope CJ comments on this before I spend hours making changes
    Me too - Isn't encryption supposed to help cloak the links from parasites? I click on all options to hide to code when creating links.

If I have to change them all, I'll be flipped but I'd certainly like to know if I should. Any specific, researched information would be greatly appreciated!
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread