OT: Need Opinions on Sandisk MP3 Players
    About two weeks ago, I broke my Creative MuvoFM player. Since I listen mostly to NPR during my commute, I don't need gigs and gigs of memory.

When I went out shopping the best deal was on Sandisk 512 MP3 (SDMX1512A18 - the small one), which was $75 at Circuit City. I use it with my panasonic earbuds and the sound quality is better than with the Creative MP3.

As I was going through the ads this morning, I saw that Office Depot has the Sandisk Sansa 512 on sale, after rebates, for $59.99. (No, that's not a typo). The advantage of the Sansa is that it has a slot for memory cards. The downside is that it is a bigger device - seems to be similar in size to the IPOD.

Has anybody tried both players or, alternatively, tried/own the Sansa? The combination of the lower price point and expandable memory is inticing, though I like the small size of the own I currently own (equivalent to a pack of gum). I'm pressuming the Sansa comes with an armband - a necessity because I wear it for working out.

Thanks in advance.

Personally I'd splash out an extra $100 and get a 4GB Mini Ipod. No batteries unlike those memory stick mp3 players.

3. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread