Affiliate Network Rep
    Smile ABW members special introductory offer to join buy.at US - affiliates thoughts pls
    Hi Everyone

As most of you now know at some point the network I manage will be moving into the US space. As some of you also know we have had a couple of merchant enquiries already and so I am confident that we will get the big name merchants for everyone to promote.

I am also overwhelmed by the support so far from some of the long standing members of this board and am sure when we open for business new affiliate sign ups will be thick and fast.....but

Two things -

1. I want recruitment of new affiliates to be supersonic

2. I want to reward the help that we have already been given by board members even at this early stage.

In the UK when we launched we spent a long time finding out what needed to be done and talking with affiliates before we launched so recruitment when we did was fast but we had no money to speak of when we launched and this launch can be a little different as we now have some money so I figure why not put it to good use and use it as a thank you / incentive .

I would like some feedback from the guys and girls that matter namely you about this incentive.

If you had a free run what would you like to see implemented. If its outrageous ill never get it past the CEO and the board so sensible answers would be helpful :-) No one is going to get a Ferrari just for filling in the application form. Also as its an introductory offer its going to come with a time limit for sure so a lifetime residual bonus is not going to happen either.

In all truth I could get hauled over the coals for suggesting it is even a possiblity but it wont be the first time and it most certainly wont be the last time I step out on a limb for something I think is right. I like to pay back what I think I owe and I am already in debt to ABW for the generosity of spirit shown to me here and I think this would be a good way to balance that out.

Admittedly it will do no harm to how quickly we recruit either so makes enough business sense for the board to let me get on with it.

So guys and girls how would you like me to spend my theoretical bag of money and on what do you think it is best based.

Thanks in advance

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    Advertising.com's buy.at affiliate network
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Internet Cowboy
    So guys and girls how would you like me to spend my theoretical bag of money and on what do you think it is best based.
    Spend it on setting up a quality interface and a well-trained team of QC people to keep scumball publishers out of your network.
    Seriously, I would rather see you spend your promotion budget on getting quality merchants instead of giving affiliates a signing bonus. If you insist on givng the affiliates something, give us a nice calendar or give the top earners in your first 6 months a $2000 bonus or something of the sort, but I would rather this money be spent stealing quality merchants away from other networks that have become a piss poor place to do business.
    Tell me where to sign up as an affiliate and I am there!!!

Affiliate Network Rep
    :-) I hear you mate and don't worry I will have plenty of cash to do those things as well .

Consider it a side pot to attach to performance for the early adopters so they get rewarded for getting on board when were young in the US.

QC and merchant acquisition will have its own budget and QC will be right at the topof the list of priorities.

I appreciate that you would sign up anyway and I think most people or I would liek to think most people would do the same especially with a few big brands to promote. This makes it something I want to do that will also benefit us in business terms as opposed to something I really think we need to do to help us have a chance of succeding. If I thought we needed to do it then I wouldnt be coming over at all. buy.at sells itself well enough but right is right and I want an reward in place for those who help us establish ourselves.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Ticketmaster has Beta launched their affiliate program with buy.at - be one of the first to join now!

Internet Cowboy
    Is double commission for the first 60 or 90 days too crazy? Whatever the merchant pays you match. It would be kind of expensive but it would give all new affilates motivation to put your links out there, not just those who know they are going to be the top few places or even the top 10%.
    That would certainly get a frenzy of activity started! If you can't afford a 1 for 1 match, consider a 1 for 2 match, or whatever you can afford.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Spend it on setting up a quality interface and a well-trained team of QC people to keep scumball publishers out of your network.
    Seriously, I would rather see you spend your promotion budget on getting quality merchants instead of giving affiliates a signing bonus. If you insist on givng the affiliates something, give us a nice calendar or give the top earners in your first 6 months a $2000 bonus or something of the sort, but I would rather this money be spent stealing quality merchants away from other networks that have become a piss poor place to do business.
    Tell me where to sign up as an affiliate and I am there!!!
    Let me add to this. Give both the value-add affiliates and the shoppers a break from the rat race of hawking traffic to storefronts. Operate a Safe Haven Network model startup for the USA marketplace. Name brand merchants compete on who gets each verticle sales category's best click throughs based upon published conversion ratios. Makes everyone (affiliate & merchant) showcase the actual Internets Best Buys with a low acquisition cost bonus.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I agree with UC... while it would be nice to receive a Ferrari for signing up... I would rather see you spend your money... "stealing" quality merchants away from the other networks... namely our Santa Barbara and New York friends....

I'll be one of the first to giv'ya a go... just tell me where and when and I'll sign-up....

Joe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Cool and the timetable for all this?
    kindly remember that we as associates of merchants have entered the critical period in making sure all links are working, and we are probably all still in the process of making sure we're promoting our merchants to the best of our ability regarding where their products fit our sites.

In other words you may find that this is not really the time to expect us to jump into a new parade unless we've accomplished the fine-tuning of the links on our sites right now.

Many of us have had blah results right up to now for the year and we're counting on our SEO efforts and any other changes to pay off.

If we can add more merchants to our sites now it will be only because we've now the time, but I don't expect many to be really ready.

ABW Ambassador
    I'll sign up and put up links first day available.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Spend it on proof, or at least on educating us. I've heard that you're different (your posts and openness sure are different than most other networks), especially concerning parasites. But forgive me, I've heard a lot of lies up to now. How can I know for sure, that you'll be different than CJ? I've met dozens and dozens of merchants who emphatically claim that they are clean regarding parasites, but most don't understand the issue and methods used and their programs are filled with cheaters. CJ continues to tell us about their quality control team, but finding cheaters from my pc is so easy that it's a JOKE (and CJ has a lot more data from their chairs to catch them all). So how am I to know that you're truly different?

If I were convinced of that, I can bring pressure to bear on my merchants to move to you. Lacking it, I fear a lot of change done for nothing.

Skeptical, but VERY interested to learn more.

The parasites have a solid foothold and a warchest of cash here now because people looked the other way, so different from you UK ride, here you're going to encounter merchants who have been fooled and believe their best producers are folks like 180 solutions and shop at home select. What will you do when a merchant in your network insists they be allowed to partner with who they want to partner with (and they pick thieves)?

One thing I've seen is that many affiliate networks have a lot of the same affiliates, so I would focus my energies on rewarding affiliate loyalty. If you have got the "right" affiliates, the merchants will come imo.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm not a big fan of bonuses (but that's just me)

Any bonus I would win, I'm always disqualified because I have a private offer already

The rest usually want "better placement" - and I already give each the best placement I can give them, as anything less would be a waste of everyone's time

15 years and counting
    Well, all I want to switch my links is fast, real time reporting. In a word the opposite of what we have now from our favorite networks. Add to that, real merchants with quality products, easy, deep linking, fast payment, direct deposit, and a NO PARASITE allowed policy.
    I don't need an incentive to switch my links, just a better service. Should be fairly easy.

Talking
    Merchant data feeds from you need to be free for affiliates.

SOME of the networks get the feeds from the merchants free and then they turn around and charge the affiliates for the feeds.

That doesn't make any sense. Most affiliates are not going to pay for feeds.

If the feeds are free affiliates will use them - the more pages an affiliate has - the better the chance of good SE traffic.

The more traffic and sales an affiliate has - the more money the network makes from the merchant.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Affiliate Network Rep
    I can see I am going to have to force this money on you guys :-)

I was thinking along the lines of a network wide bonus - maybe 4-6% of earnings over the first 6 months for the first 100 people through the door or something along those lines. I think double comms would be squashed before I finished my pitch to the board unfortunately unclescooter but if I could I would. Market Share is what I will be after and in that instance running at a loss to get it doesnt bother me but maybe thats why I am not the Chairman :-)

I like life to balance out and I have had a lot of help and encouragment on here so whether I need to or not there will be a bonus and it wont be targetted its just a thank you bonus - if you come on board and earn $20 in 6 months then so what you still get a bonus.

When we do land ill pay for a forum if its ok with Haiko and the first post in there will carry the link - ill give a heads up a few days earlier so you guys who have been fighting our corner dont miss out.

Thanks guys and

Donuts - best way to convince you is to show you when we arrive mate - or chat things thorugh in person at the Miami event if your there. I heard those empty promises before myself I think we all have at some point in our lives but rather than tell you and leave some doubt its better to lead by example when we arrive - I look forward to living up to the hype :-)

Burger - in the UK we don't charge for feed access never have done.

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Market Share is what I will be after

Time for a:

Lately the word Share can be a double edge sword!

You can Share links with the parasites.

or....

You can Share sales with family.

Sorry but, the didn't made me do it this time!
    I was just aloud this time.

Sal.

-------------
    Back on topic.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Well I hope the majority who know anything about us know which edge of the sword we are on.

There is no need to report to dealing with parasites to take market share.

If you want to know more about how we run our network and what we think of affiliates then this podcast should help to show you where our ethics are :

http://www.podcast.net/play/21409/6

I look forward to working with you when we land

Mal
    Malcolm Cowley
    malcolm.cowley@buy.at
    buyat.com

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    or chat things thorugh in person at the Miami event if your there. I
    A definite to sit down and talk with Mal F2F if you have the opportunity. It won't be wasted time for sure.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by perfiliate
    Donuts - best way to convince you is to show you when we arrive mate - or chat things thorugh in person at the Miami event if your there. I heard those empty promises before myself I think we all have at some point in our lives but rather than tell you and leave some doubt its better to lead by example when we arrive - I look forward to living up to the hype :-) Mal
    Mal,

Donuts will be in Miami
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellie aka Ms. B
    A definite to sit down and talk with Mal F2F if you have the opportunity. It won't be wasted time for sure.
    Indeed. I am excited that he is coming and look forward to a chat with him....and beers

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Mal - beers, beers and more beers! I look forward to getting to know you!

See you in Miami!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the last one, Andy had the best food, snacks, supporting cast, hotels / venue, location, after hours stuff, content, assembly of smart and ethical people and some really, really good info even for an experienced person like me. I am excited that it's finally October and Andy's next gig, expanded to 3 days this time I think, is COMING SOON!!!!

21. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread