Exclamation 100's of eBays sale and no $$$
    I have had 100's of sales and not one comsih as of yet.
    Has anyone seen any comish from eBay yet?

So far I've got a $12 ACRU, but my bids have all been $0.00.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I think they said to not expect totals to start showing up until October 3rd, which is today...so the wait is almost over. It will be interesting to see how things start adding up.

Andy

I have had about a dozen BINs and nothing here.... At least with those I KNOW money should be coming in... But knowing Ebay I am not going to hold my breath. I thinking they may start posting with a 2 week delay.

Its going to be fun with reports as well, trying to cross-refenece the money they give us back to original BID/BIN. I am not looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    I think they said to not expect totals to start showing up until October 3rd, which is today...so the wait is almost over. It will be interesting to see how things start adding up.

Andy

What about my BIN sales Oct 1 - today that were within the 7 day time frame, Will I eventualy get credit or are these lost?

I send hundereds of sales to ebay and 1000's of lookers everyday. I think they would miss this if it were shut off.... Just a thought
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

I thought Ebay would posted commish for 10/1, 10/2. Why is so slow? Hope Ebay's servers were not toasted by the wildfire.

According to the email eBay sent out,
    Active Registrations will continue to report to you under the new program terms during the transition from the current program term to the new one. Winning Bids paid via revenue sharing will begin appearing in the CJ Account Manager reporting on October 3rd for transactions eventing from October 1st onward.
    I've set up a spreadsheet to track mine. I've been downloading all the bids/BINs each day, and checking each one to see who won.

I created a formula to generate the URL automatically so all I have to do is copy and paste it into an open window. Here it is, if anybody wants it:

Code:
    ="http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item="&MID(P2,FIND(";",P2)+1,11)
    This assumes that Order_ID is in Column P of the spreadsheet. And that you are entering the formula somewhere on LINE 2. Once you set up one, then you can copy it down to all your lines and it should adjust accordingly.

I've also calculated what I'm expecting to earn from the winners. Just waiting to see them start posting at CJ to see if things add up.

I never received this letter....or never read it.... So I will not get any commisions for cookies dropped before the 1st? and if a sale was made within 7 days?

BTW Tracy thanks for the spreadsheet formula

I have a free page setup here to calculate the sales: http://home.mchsi.com/~childhood-finds/index2.htm
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

Oh my, Oh my, Oh my. They are starting to post. Run your reports by Event Date for October 1. I have three BINs posted as "Winning Bid."

Two of them were not on my list from the "Advanced Sale" from October 1. Something weird going on here.

Tracy, how do you look up the user to know if they were the winner? When viewing the bidding history I can only see the username and not their ID as indicated in the spreadsheet. I know there has to be a way of knowing which user made the bid, but I'm just not too familiar with eBay's system.

- Scott

When you download the report from CJ, look in Column P under Order_ID. There are two numbers separated by a colon. The second number is the Item Number of the Bid/BIN. Add that number to the end of this URL:

Code:
    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=
    This will show you the list of bids for the item. Now look in Column B under Event Date for the Time of the Event. Match that time with the Bid placed at that time, and you will know who made the bid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy
    When you download the report from CJ, look in Column P under Order_ID. There are two numbers separated by a colon. The second number is the Item Number of the Bid/BIN. Add that number to the end of this URL:

Code:
    http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=
    This will show you the list of bids for the item. Now look in Column B under Event Date for the Time of the Event. Match that time with the Bid placed at that time, and you will know who made the bid.
    Aha! So you're making the connection based on the time. I thought there might be a way to know explicitly which user placed the bid based on the first number separated by the semicolon. Now I'm curious if we get a commission if I send an initial bid, sombody counter-bids and my bidder bids again to win.

- Scott

Actually, the first number in front of the colon identifies the bidder. But, you'd have to have eBay's key-code to convert it into a Bidder's name. I guess you could create one of your own. I have repeat bidders who come back month after month, and their number is always the same. So, I'm pretty sure that every eBay User Name has a numeric equivalent.

It has been said that your cookie has a 7-day duration. Hence, if your bidder bids again to counter a competing bid, you are supposedly going to get credit for the sale if the cookie is still on the bidder's computer. Of course, if it is several days later, and your bidder re-entered eBay through somebody else's link, a case could be made that your cookie would get overwritten. On the other hand, many people wait until the last day to do their bidding, or place their max bid, and then let eBay bid for them. In that case, that is still considered the initial bid and you are supposed to get credit for it if the bidder wins.

Time will tell. Very strange things are appearing in my reports. I have two "Winning Bids" that I can't match up to an initial "Advanced Sale."

By the same token, I've seen some "Advanced Sales" that I know my bidder won, and not seeing a matching "Winning Bid." It looks like they posted earnings for the 1st and 2nd of October so far. If they are done with the 1st, then I was shorted some commissions. I'm still hiding and watching, though.

Tracy,

Thanks for the handy dandy spreadsheet formula. I'd like everyone to know that my latest bid that posted was for an adult sized whoopie cushion costume. That just made my day. LOL. I'm kind of amazed at how often people bid on things totally unrelated to the content of the site they clicked through. Hmm.

-M

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread