Internet Cowboy
    Problems with CJ continue. Merchants are losing sales because of it.
    Todd, does CJ have plans of being a stable site again some day?

We've been through software upgrades.
    We've been through hardware upgrades.
    We've heard that it is all fixed.
    We see daily that it is not.
    We get timed out when trying to log in.
    Once in, we get timed out when navigating the site.
    Will CJ ever be a stable network again?
    Will we ever be able to sit down at our computer to do some work at any given time and know we will be able to get the task done?

Thanks goodness for GoldenCAN's new product locator tool. Now when you can't log in to CJ to get a product for a site, you can find it on other networks that aren't down all the time....which is what I just did.

That CJ merchant will not sell that particular $200+ item on my site. It will be offered by a merchant on another network, who I didn't even know carried the item and has a lower price AND free shipping. It appears that CJ has done me a favor, but I think this merchant would beg to differ that CJ has done them a favor.

Should we start a post and list merchants who have been excluded from our sites because they belong to a network we can't access? Not to cause problems with the merchants, but since CJ doesn't listen to affiliates, maybe merchants can put some pressure on them to fix their technical problems.
    Last edited by UncleScooter; October 3rd, 2005 at 02:43 PM.

Thanks goodness for GoldenCAN's new product locator tool. Now when you can't log in to CJ to get a product for a site, you can find it on other networks that aren't down all the time....which is what I just did.

Why are you giving away trade secrets for free?

Sal.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal

Why are you giving away trade secrets for free?

Sal.
    Because Uncle Scoot is a generous, unthreatened affiliate marketer.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Internet Cowboy
    And there is already a thread about it in GC's forum. Not like it is a protected secret.
    I think Sal was just bustin' my butt a little. He does that sometimes

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    And there is already a thread about it in GC's forum. Not like it is a protected secret.
    I'll stay out of it. LOL
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Great Script did you write it ?

Scratch that I see it was already "Questioned" up a few in this thread......
    Need eBooks ? [URL=http://www.softebooks.com]We gott'em[/URL]:escape:<br>

Because Uncle Scoot is a generous, unthreatened affiliate marketer.
    And I am just a

I'll stay out of it. LOL
    Why?

Are you a ?

You're lucky that I have to run now, because you won't be able to stay out of it if didn't had to go now, but I will get you later.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    I am seeing about a half a dozen new merchants at CJ each week and I rarely get notice that merchants are leaving. Perhaps the continued growth is leading to overload and need for continual upgrades.

Just a thought.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Todd said they were continuing to upgrade over the next few weeks. Whether that will solve the instability issues remains to be seen, but there are many other cosmetic/practical issues that need to be addressed as well, and can be without new equipment. And please, Todd, don't ask "what issues?"...

Today was my best day with CJ ever in history.

About timing out, I do get Time Out error when logging into CJ, but after I have logged in, no errors, smooth browsing.
    The only thing I'm worried about is the time it takes for redirecting to a merchant's site, when a customer clicks on one of CJ link.

ABW Ambassador
    This month is my worst in cj history.

Seriously. Are you sure cj reporting is ok?

Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    Today was my best day with CJ ever in history.

About timing out, I do get Time Out error when logging into CJ, but after I have logged in, no errors, smooth browsing.
    The only thing I'm worried about is the time it takes for redirecting to a merchant's site, when a customer clicks on one of CJ link.
    If this was your best day with CJ ever in history..........

Why do you care or have to worry about how long it takes for redirecting to a merchant's site, when a customer clicks on one of CJ link?

The day that I post that it was my best day on any Network, I will sure not complain nor worry about how how long it took for redirecting to a merchant's site, when any customer clicks on one of any of my merchants link?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sal
    Why do you care or have to worry about how long it takes for redirecting to a merchant's site, when a customer clicks on one of CJ link?
    If redirection was fast, I'm sure I would have made more.

Quote Originally Posted by womanht
    This month is my worst in cj history.

Seriously. Are you sure cj reporting is ok?
    I don't have any problem with it.

womanht - "Seriously. Are you sure cj reporting is ok?"

Are we REALLY ever SURE of anything when it comes to CJ..??

I'm off to a great start with CJ this month. I've got between 1.5 and 2hr delays on my transactions. Looking forward to a great October!

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

I'm looking at a great october as well. I guess I just have to wait a couple of days before all of the sales come in... Although there don't seem to be any delays.. I get my sales reported about 24 hours later but listed as if they had taken place on the day that should have taken place...

ABW Ambassador
    CJ sales look suspiciously low. Especially since I did a test and switched links from linkshare to CJ to see what would happen. Instead of an increase in CJ sales, I see like 1 sale a day from all my sites combined. Looks really suspicious.

hey
    The last two days I have been getting sales but commisions amount is 0 $. I don't understand how this is happening.

Internet Cowboy
    Sales are great here. I did not start this thread about reporting or lack of sales.
    I started the thread because of CJ's apparent DNS problems that they have through at least part of every day. During these times logging in is slow or nonexistent and if you do get in you are often kicked out.
    Can we please keep the thread on this topic please?
    I was hoping to get some word from Todd. I saw him in this thread for a long time yesterday, but no comments....big surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    Sales are great here. I did not start this thread about reporting or lack of sales.
    I started the thread because of CJ's apparent DNS problems that they have through at least part of every day. During these times logging in is slow or nonexistent and if you do get in you are often kicked out.
    Can we please keep the thread on this topic please?
    I was hoping to get some word from Todd. I saw him in this thread for a long time yesterday, but no comments....big surprise!
    Every day this seems to be about the time when it starts acting up for me. Right after 11:00am CJ time. For some reason I can see the first one to work, walking over, grabbing the hand crank, putting it into the antique server and start cranking it like they do with the old airplanes to get things moving. I actually had a dream about that. Anyone care to analyze my dreams

From a merchant point of view, I have to say that CJ has definitely improved. It seems to be alot snappier for most of the regular activities that I do and report generation seems to be alot quicker too. There was a small bug that I ran into when drilling down for item level detail, but the support guys I met at the CJU lab gave me a decent workaround.

(hey...someone just handed me a preview of the new Revenue mag with yours truly on page 87..watch for it to hit the streets in the next couple of weeks..ho ho ho)

15 years and counting
    1av8r - From a merchant point of view, I have to say that CJ has definitely improved. It seems to be alot snappier for most of the regular activities that I do and report generation seems to be alot quicker too.
    Too bad they did the opposite for the affiliates.
    It's taking me longer to check my stats.
    Their reports suck BIG TIME and are useless for an affiliate like me.
    It's taking me longer for most of my regular activities, picking merchants, getting links...
    I'm not ready to wait so long to please people WHO DON'T LISTEN.
    I'm moving my CJ traffic to indies, so far so good.
    Too bad for CJ merchants,
    I assure you, the day you'll be alone on CJ, their system is going to run much faster.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    I second that.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread