Question Can you help?
    For 3 days I'm seeing sales from a single product from one of my site, BUT the problem is I don't remember anything about the link, I don't remember where did I add the link. I tried searching my site from google like mysite.com:"product keyword", but it doest return any results.
    I'm very confused, as that product is producing very high EPC, and I got to check that link. BUT HOW.. is there a way to check the referral link ?

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Wish I had an answer Nabeelk. I have the same problem with a few LS links that I can't find on my site but they're racking up clicks and impressions. Makes you crazy, huh?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

This has worked for me many times...

I use "handyfile - find a replace" and replace "lostword" with "lostword". (Replace the term with exactly the same term) That way the the html files with your search term in them are rewritten and thus easily found with a simple sort of your file by date.

hope that makes sense. Handyfile is here: http://www.silveragesoftware.com/

It's always possible that someone has coded your AID# in error into one of their links or maybe cookie sales from an old link you once had up. Check out the report to grab the original action date, if it's a cookie you should be able to pick up a clue there.

Internet Cowboy
    Quote Originally Posted by nabeelk
    For 3 days I'm seeing sales from a single product from one of my site, BUT the problem is I don't remember anything about the link, I don't remember where did I add the link. I tried searching my site from google like mysite.com:"product keyword", but it doest return any results.
    I'm very confused, as that product is producing very high EPC, and I got to check that link. BUT HOW.. is there a way to check the referral link ?
    I say leave it alone. It is producing, you are making money. It could end tomorrow. Enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I say leave it alone. It is producing, you are making money. It could end tomorrow. Enjoy the ride!
    LOL Unc - if it were only that simple - problem is trying to find the links to replace them if they are, in fact, generated from our sites.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Internet Cowboy
    I don't understand. Am I missing something? Whay do you need to change it if it is producing?

Internet Cowboy
    I would look at the CJ link ID and search for it on my local copy of my site.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleScooter
    I would look at the CJ link ID and search for it on my local copy of my site.
    We're trying to find links to replace if they are indeed still on our sites. We're not talking about links that are producing results, at least I'm not.

I've tried searching my site for the links,to no avail so it could be someone "repurposing" our content. Gotta love that word.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Internet Cowboy
    Yep,
    That is the word of the week. It is easier on the eyes than scraping or outright stealing.
    Today I noticed that "Chick Flick" and...somthing else, can't remember right now, were added to the dictionary.
    Repurposing can't be far behind.
    Someone should make a site of all the affiliate marketing words and acronyms we use regularly. That would be helpful and possibly profitable. I remember when I was a newbie I searched for BHO to see what it mean after reading one of Mike's posts. Come to think of it, I have searched for LOTS of acronyms after reading Mike's posts

Well, I found it, that link is not crawled by google, but it is crawled by MSN, and is at the top position for its keyword, that's why it is generating so many sales.

What I have noticed is that MSN traffic convert well than Google's

I'd have to agree about MSN. Google can bring in more traffic, but it isn't the same quality as MSN.

Congrats on the link - perhaps you can duplicate its characteristics with another link as well! Gotta love it when a link turns gold like that!!

Andy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread