Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    August Merchant Payment History
    Has Linkshare updated the Synergy Analytics August
    Merchant Payment History yet?

None are showing for August in my report.

Does Anyone show anything for their Merchants for August 05?

Nothing here yet.

The way it works is kind of screwy. Even though some merchants have doubtless paid for August already, it won't show August in the Merchant Payment History until the batch that includes those August payments is processed. That will be sometime around 10/8.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Thanks Michael for responding.

Yet, I know the reports showed up before the end of August (showing July payments) because I discussed July payment with one of my merchants -- they hadn't shown up, but others had.

So, It's worthless to even use this report to nudge merchants to pay before the 8th.

Oh well ...

My payments only show through May. I'm still waiting to see June and July payments. I figured I'd have to wait three more months to see August.

Last month, at least a couple merchants got their payments cleared before the 8/22 batch, so that's why July showed up so soon. This month (apparently), none of the merchants got their payments cleared before 9/22 so we have to wait a bit longer.

These types of problems show that the people building the Synergy Analytics reports are clueless when it comes to what affiliates want and need. I'm impressed with many people at LinkShare (like Kelli), but the people working on Synergy Analytics reflect very poorly on the company.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

You might think about contacting the individual merchants that you are expecting monies from. They will be able to tell you when they initiated payment to LS. This could give you a rough idea when LS received the money.

Just a thought.

Fred

I've been out of town for a week and was REALLY surprised to see there were no new merchant payements in Synergy Analytics.

Is it broke?

Last sales by merchants were in August for July reported sales. This is terrible. We sure are not getting paid any quicker this way.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    I'm worried about this too
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Gee, I was hoping maybe we would hear someting from the LS folks about this.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador LinkShare Moderator's Avatar
    Nothing has changed and nothing is broken regarding the affiliate payment reports in Analytics. The payment schedule and payment report update process are working as previously communicated and as intended. As Michael explained, the invoice periods in the Merchant Payment History report update after at least one of your merchants has paid LinkShare for that month and we've issued that payment to you. For example, as soon as we issue your first merchant August commission payment, which for many of you should be in the first October batch, you will see the August invoice period appear in your Merchant Payment History report and all merchant payment dates after that will appear as they occur/clear.

The first October payment batch should mail this week, within the typical 3-5 business day window of the 8th. This payment should also appear in your Payment Summary Report this week.

Kelli

Thanks for the reply.

It just seems backwards from what we used to have. Previously we would see how much a merchant paid LS and then compare it to what we were due. Now we don't get to check any of that until after we have been paid.

Plus, I won't know if a merchant paid anything at all until after I get paid. I liked the old way better. Yes, consilidated payments are nice, but it used to be much more intuitive to figure out what I was due, if a merchant paide what was due (and when) and then compare it to my check. If the new system is as good as the old, I just must be missing something somewhere.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    It's simple. You get what you get ...when you get it. Anything more or less is either a bonus ... or a boner.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I agree with 7-Days. I prefer to know how much to expect before the payment is issued!

The Thin White Duke PreacherMan's Avatar
    SynergyAnalytics is down
    Keep on learning, keep on earning. :fan:

Back up now, but it appears I'm not getting a check. I don't see any information regarding a Oct. 8th payment and no updates as to payments from merchants. Looks like I'm screwed until Oct. 22nd.

I sure liked the old system better, especially for my few merchants who were always so good about paying early back then. I would have had money in my bank by now from them.

Even when CJ is late a couple of days I know exactly what I'm going to get paid long in advance and can expect that payment within a window of a few days. With LS I have no idea of the amount or if I will get paid at the next payment date. [sigh]
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm just assuming that the Oct 8 payment still isn't showing, as theres no way I'm not getting a check, but nothing has changed since I looked yesterday...

I wish someone at LS would kick the server and get the reports updated to reflect the payment.

Quote Originally Posted by TI Master
    I'm just assuming that the Oct 8 payment still isn't showing, as theres no way I'm not getting a check, but nothing has changed since I looked yesterday...

I wish someone at LS would kick the server and get the reports updated to reflect the payment.
    Kelli did say that the payment "should appear sometime this week" - today is Tuesday so I guess we're being too optimistic that it would show up already! I can see that some of my merchants have paid so I should definitely be getting a check in this batch (at least I bloody well hope so!).

I guess we all got spoiled when, in the recent past, the payment date happened to be on the weekend that LS bumped up the payment process by a day or two so there was not a delay like we see here. That was both good (we got paid on time) and bad (because it prematurely cut off some merchants payments that came in at the last minute). [Bigger Sigh]
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I'm still not seeing anything yet, either.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com

There is no delay. As we've always stated, we will initiate the payment batches on or around the 8th and 22nd. Within 3-5 business days of initiating the batch, the checks should mail and you should see the new batch appear in your Affiliate Payment Summary report. We are still within that 3-5 business day window for the first October batch which will mail tomorrow.

Regarding the timing of updating new invoice periods in the Payment History report and providing you with earlier information on earned commissions, bonuses, etc. , I completely understand that need and we are working on it.

Kelli

Thanks, Kelli. We appreciate you kicking the payment server and getting these reports up for us. (I realize the folks in the tech department actually did the kicking), but we give you praise here just the same.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Hello Kelli,

My payment reports are still stuck on Feb 2005 and I never received a full paymentfor Aug (got a check for $2.56-that's way off) and yet to see Sept.

Please contact me via pm to help get this mess worked out.
    Thanks
    --Brian
    Oregon Publishing: Web Development, Graphic Design, Domains & Marketing
    Deluxe Banners Bartender's Guide Cooking Jobs

Cursal,
    Are you looking at the old payment reports area or logging into SynergyAnalytics and going to the Transaction Analysis tab and then "Affiliate Payment Summary" report? I'll PM you so we can walk through your account.

Kelli

Maybe it would be nifty to check with our merchants, and see when they initiated their payment to Linkshare. We can compare that each month to what LS claims is the day they received the payment?

I would love to see a spreadsheet showing the delta between when LS receives a merchant payment, and when we actually get paid.

Fred

Buy Online,

I agree, it might be interesting to see when they send it. At the very least we would be able to get that information weeks before we get it from LinkShare.
    7 Days A Week Marketing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast