Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Smile Formula 1 anyone?!
    Although the season is close to an end, I was wondering if there are any other F1 fans on this forum. What do you think about the new champion? Did he deserve it? What about Kimi? Will he change Schumi at Ferrari when the latter quits at the end of 2006? Rumours, opinions, everything. Welcome!

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Kimi's won more races

Exactly! I think that Kimi is a better driver. However, it's McLaren's problem that they have no reliability whatsoever... rather, Haug's problem. That's why I think that Kimi hates McLaren for this and might be well looking forward to switching to Ferrari when Schumi quits.

Any other F1 fans?

It'll be interesting to see how the new engines change things next year..... I expect it to be just the same players at the top still.

Looking forward to seeing how Redbull Minardi fare though
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

Anybody but Michael Schumacher, again.

I'll miss the v10's.

Fred

I like traffic lights
    Yup. Sitting in the stands when those V10's went to peak power off the start line was really something.

I don't want to see Kimi go to Ferrari. I'd like to see him stick around at Mercedes, but RD isn't too happy with his extracurricular activity.

schumi / ferrari fan here, would like to see KR in ferrari.

Glad to see so many fans!

I think V8s will not significantly change the situation, as TJ said. However, I do think that Ferrari will be better next season if not level with McLaren and Renault. The reason is because it's Schumi last year and they will do everything for the season to be as good as possible.

How do you like the news about Honda's new purchase? I didn't expect it to happen this season and even next one.

What about BMW? Where do you reckon they will finish?

And Williams on Cosworth? It should be reeeeeeeeeally bad.

Drewbert, RD is just jealous that Kimi can afford so many drinks.

I like traffic lights
    You don't think Cosworth have any experience building V8's ??? :^)

Or Mercedes?

I didn't mean to say that. What I meant was just that Cosworth aren't gonna be anywhere near top manufacturers. Mercedes might strugle with reliability next season as well. Nobody knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbert
    Kimi's won more races
    I really hate to say this, but Kimi & Alonso have both won 6 races each this season. Maybe after the Japanese GP Kimi will have won more. but not before it.

If you want to go check yourself, start from here => Australian GP
    "Yesterday we obeyed kings and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to truth..." - Kahlil Gibran

ABW Ambassador
    F1 lover and Alonso fan(who I had on my avatar last year) over here!
    I've been to the spanish GP a few times, already got my 3-day pass for 2006.

Ok lets see, where do I start!

I'll miss the v10's.
    I still can't believe we wont hear them again I do expect a big step up from toyota since they have plenty of V8 experience. Well at least from Jarno, cuz little brother sucks big time.

How do you like the news about Honda's new purchase?
    With the tobacco laws we all knew it was comming, just didn't expect it so soon.
    Now that Honda's in there I'm hoping they can get Kamikaze Takuma a seat.. he's really fun to watch. I can't believe lapdog barrichello is gonna take his place

And Williams on Cosworth?
    I have faith in Frank! Besides, like someone up mentioned, cosworth was experience with V8s (drewbert I think) so it might not be that nasty

First of all, want to thank you guys for joining in to this thread. To be honest, I didn't expect it to become so lively in the first days.

Quote Originally Posted by Javi
    With the tobacco laws we all knew it was comming, just didn't expect it so soon.
    True. I can't also believe that there'll be no more "West" logo on McLarens with Johnie Walker to replace it after such a long partnership. What about Phillip Morris and its Marlboro? Is it gonna be Scuderia Ferrari Coca-Cola?

Quote Originally Posted by Javi
    I have faith in Frank! Besides, like someone up mentioned, cosworth was experience with V8s (drewbert I think) so it might not be that nasty
    We all know that the engine is not everything and we all know how rubbish Williams' chassis are. Therefore, I still have serious doubts about the decent performance of the team next season. Good luck to Frank anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    Last I heard Marlboro had extended the contract with the prancing horse to 2010 (or something like that). They are even gonna buy the vodafone ad space.

It looks like they want an all red car so people can subconciously associate it to the brand...

How did you like Suzuka??? I think it was A-MA-ZING!!! Such an eventful race on a track where there's only one place where overtaking is possible.

I'm absolutely in accord with Trulli when he said that Sato has "been causing problems for a long time and the FIA has to take action to stop it". His driving is absolutely ridiculous and many drivers commented on this before.

What do you think about Villeneuve-Montoya collision? Do you really believe that Jacques didn't see Juan when he tried to overtake him in the last corner?

And finally, who is your best driver of the race? I think that Alonso did better even though he didn't win judging on the number of overtaking manoeuvres he had to make. However, Kimi has got now more wins this season than Fernando.

I like traffic lights
    I'd be more willing to comment on that collision is they'd actually caught it on tape properly. The camera work was appalling. And did we get to see Doornbos nail his mechanic when we overshot his pit, or Albers nail his front jack man when HE overhot (which was the cause of the pit fire)? No!

When they showed 1/2 a lap of Sato after him recovering from falling off in lap 1 I went and got my laptop so I could follw the race via the live timing site in case most of the stuff was missed, but then discovered they've made it so you have to register and log in to watch the live timing now (arseholes).

Sato showed promise for a while when Bar was relatively competitive, but now they're behind the 8 ball again, he's just doing dumb stuff. Get rid of him.

GO KIMI!

Drewbert
    You are absolutely right criticizing the work of the camera men. It was awful! But, to be honest, I didn't expect it to be any better in Japan when there's a Japanese driver on the grid. I liked the comment on Planet-F1 about Sato that everything he's got is his Japanese passport.

Which live timing are you talking about? Formula1.com? If it so then you should go ahead and register. It takes 1 minute. I did it when they just created that system. Or is it no longer free?

I like traffic lights
    Live timing at formula1.com used to be freely available without registration. I think Bernie makes plenty of money already without having my email address to sell on. :^)

Word is that Sato got disaqualified and Newtown got 30 seconds added to his time.

Last weekend it was free for me to get in the live timing system. Maybe it's because I registered when they just started.

As for Sato and Villeneuve penalties. I think it should be in the reverse order as Sato doesn't give a sh*t about it. He was at the back anyway. But, again, what could've been expected from the Japanese marshalls.

I like traffic lights
    Rumour has it that Cancun has replaced Imola for the 2007 season. It'll be nice being 20 minutes drive from an F1 track :^)

Interesting. However, I like Imola although there aren't many places where you can overtake. This season's race proved this track to hold exciting events.

Rumour has it that Cancun has replaced Imola for the 2007 season. It'll be nice being 20 minutes drive from an F1 track :^)
    wow... Bernie will be getting death threats from the tiffossi(sp?) if this is true!
    Rosey Bear Boutique
       Akoss Hosting
    Ask for details

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Guys

It'll be nice being 20 minutes drive from an F1 track
    I can relate to that. Spent three days over at Silverstone this September.
    The Mercedes V8 sounds great

I'll see if I can attach a picture of Nico Rosberg taking a break from pounding round the damp track.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey Gufster

Did you take that pic yourself?
    Rosey Bear Boutique
       Akoss Hosting
    Ask for details

ABW Ambassador
    Hi TJ

Taken with my Nikon D70 Sigma 170/500mm zoom.

Paid for with affiliate earnings

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast