More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Question Google Cash Machine?
    I got an email promoting the "Google Cash Machine" at income-machine.c0m

Is this just a piece of software that produces all those spammy crap results loaded with adsense I see around the web? Seems to me this would be a violation of google TOS.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

Is this just a piece of software that produces all those spammy crap results loaded with adsense I see around the web?
    Yes, that's what it looks like to me. Autogenerated pages for Adsense.

It says:
    Using my automated program I have developed, just insert your ID and a paragraph of data
    ...click just 1 button...
    Yuk! I don't why google allows this.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Yuk! I don't why google allows this.
    IMO it's more of a matter of the people running those pages not getting busted, rather than any official "allowing" of the method. I think pages made "specifically to show ads" are still against the TOS...

As for the lack of enforcement, it could be that Google is overwhelmed, or that as soon as they kick some of these pages out, more take their place. Or, they may actually get clicks--a situation which would interfere with G's desire to remove them.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    There are several forums that only promote products like this. The readers see that those posting are earning $10,000 a month plus with AS and they want a piece of the pie.

Several of the larger "gurus" also hawk this type of product and it is made to sound like a legit way to make money.

No one cares if the sites stop earning money in a few months--right now they earn more then enough to cover expenses and then some

If it only takes a few minutes and your expenses are minimal what's not to like about this?
    Had I seen this last year, I probably would have jumped at the chance. Now, I'm looking at long term goals not something that will be in and out in a few weeks.

As for the lack of enforcement, it could be that Google is overwhelmed, or that as soon as they kick some of these pages out, more take their place.
    Yes, I think you're right on this. It would a huge job to police these sites. And they could put up legitimate content and then switch to spam (sorry, westgroup, that's my opinion of it) later.

Or, they may actually get clicks--a situation which would interfere with G's desire to remove them.
    They do get clicks - and, in total, probably LOTS of them. I know they get some because my sites get a few "referrals" each day from these types of sites. And I'd have to guess that people wouldn't be running these sites if they weren't making money.

I suspect that having spammy SERPs is more detrimental to google than the "positive effect" of the $$ they get from these sites.

Sites generated by programs like the ones mentioned are the reason I never use contextual advertising in my Adwords campaigns. I refuse to waste my advertising dollars on these useless, crap sites.

Ms Dumb Ass ... but, *NOT* Today! westgroup's Avatar
    Gen,

I do agree that these sites are spam. However the way that they are marketed make it sound as though G likes these kind of sites and that thet are doing some type of a service.

Think of someone being new to earning online, to them it sounds like something wonderful. Then also think of those who have been trying for years to earn a decent income online but can't make ends meet-they are also going to look at these sites as a way to finally hit the jackpot.

I don't think that people are seeing though the marketing and looking at the big picture of what these sites are doing to the consumer or to those who work hard at their sites.

I don't think that people are seeing though the marketing and looking at the big picture of what these sites are doing to the consumer or to those who work hard at their sites.
    I can't say I'd look at *that* either! After all, in the rankings war, "those who work hard at their sites" are exacty the same as those who hit a switch: They're ALL competition!

That said, some of these AdSense sites are the biggest piles of junk out there. A site can be automated and easy, without being such total crap. Using an assembly-line method doesn't mean the output has to be the equivalent of Yugos.

$10,000 a month plus with AS
    With that crap?! What they're *not* posting, I'd guess, is how to get those sites to actually rank... The off-page part of the algocrack is probably 100% Top Secret.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    Well, I wouldn't want $10,000 in a month if it meant that I got kicked out of adsense for good the next month.
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    These are Adwords spamming machines mating content site scrapers with Adwords/Overture Ad scripts. The natural progression for those running these greed machines is to charge for their use and hype the earning potential. That's when a few calls to the FTC and the various AG's offices whack all the ill gotten profits and take the perps out of the game. Just ask the 2 Cybermall operations selling turnkey affiliate merchant enabled malls where all the money went when the FTC hammer fell on their heads. Flipping burgers with a 14 Million $$$ fine over their heads AFTER BANK ACCOUNTS CLEANED OUT!
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Anyone know a solid formula for getting their adsense click thrus above 3% without violating the TOS? Ive had some decent success in getting good flow to adsense only targeted "content" pages but the back button seems to be a favorite....I could break 10k a month with my experiment (with about 500 sites built arount top keywords)...but it's just so cheesy! lol...but money is money.

There was a thread a while back about putting little pictures above the AdSense leaderboard...that apparently was a legal tactic (probably because the pix don't say to click). Of course the purists dissed it, but it sounded quite effective. And unless there's been a TOS change since then, it should still pass...

One key to high AdSense CTR is:

Provide enough information to get people to find your page in the first place, but not enough so that they've found out what they wanted to know, then make the adsense the most attractive action they can take once they get there.

This doesn't lend itself to long-term bookmark-and-revisit sites, obviously. But I think most repeat-visitors get ad-sense blinded anyway. I know I do.
    Tim
    consultant by day, affiliate by night

Google has a useful map of the best locations to put AdSense ads. It does seem to be pretty accurate, but bear in mind that you may have to do some redesigning of the site to get the best placement.

I tend to go for the 728 pixel wide leaderboard just under the site banner. That seems to have a CTR in the 2% region. The best CTR you can get is to put it in the body text right near the top. On one particular page I got a CTR of 30%+ which was sweet because I was #1 for a particular niche phrase. (However Google then manually edited the SERPs and dropped me out - never believe Google when they say it's all algorithm based!)
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

However Google then manually edited the SERPs and dropped me out - never believe Google when they say it's all algorithm based!
    Exactly! Google hires some sort of massive work at home "quality control team" to search results of meaningful keywords (meaningful meaning $)...so anyone's best laid and executed plans stand a good chance of being thwarted anyway. I've read and been told this by others who seem to usually be accurate. This is obvious these days when you google search for a cherry term and notice either big corp. or serious .orgs (not the spoofs) at the top. You can crosscheck incoming links of these sites and see they really did not get there on their own.

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread