Question CJ Privacy Policy - Question for Todd, Please
    Perhaps CJ can help us out with an acceptable generic style policy that we can follow - then it would be a simple matter for us each to set up an attached page to our sites and a link "Privacy Policy" in an obvious location on our webpages to the privacy policy page. I have made one in the past when I was doing an opt in newsletter but this business of third party policy cookies etc is a little confusing and if it is going to be done it should be done right.

Another thing, does this thing have to appear across every page or just index pages or home pages - some of us have literally tens of thousands of pages that would need to be changed.

or millions

I would be happier if it was clear that the privacy policy notice was only required for sites built after the policy goes into effect. A grandfather clause of sorts.

For example, you would not ask a Magazine Publisher to post a privacy policy on pages of their Magazine that date back to Feb. of 2000, Would you?

While internet pages have the ability to be dynamic, much of the content, is in fact static.

I am not sure I can marshall the resources to implement such a retroactive change.

To implement a privacy policy in the future, though, that would be a snap.

It would really be very nice is someone from CJ could please confirm that the policy page link "has to be" posted on only the index page, home page of each of the websites. Like I said before 10's of thousands of pages and in some cases 100's of thousands of pages have to be changed - a very big majority of them manually and then uploaded. The last time I did a host change it took me 2 days to upload all the pages, not to mention the 100's of hours needed to add to the link to each individual page that exists, now. Adding it to new ones is no problem, of course.

Did anyone every get an answer to this question?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I think if you post it on your home page, it will be fine as long as you have a link to the home page from your other pages. Think about it from the consumer's perspetive. What would you prefer? Personally, if I see a site that doesn't have a privacy policy and a contact page with both an address and a telephone number, I tend to stay away.
    Todd Crawford
    Co-Founder, Impact Radius

Give me a minute before I post again

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    WHAT?!?

I'm so aggravated right now I don't dare type another word.

Is the phone number required? There is no way I'm putting my phone number on 100 datafeed sites with hundreds of pages each. Who's privacy am I protecting by doing that????

Also, I spent several minutes this morning at CJ trying to find information about the Privacy Policy and could not find it anywhere. A search under HELP came up with nothing and I could not see anything at CJU. Can you provide a link to the documentation so we can be sure we are doing everything correctly?
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by 7-days
    Is the phone number required? There is no way I'm putting my phone number on 100 datafeed sites with hundreds of pages each. Who's privacy am I protecting by doing that????

Also, I spent several minutes this morning at CJ trying to find information about the Privacy Policy and could not find it anywhere. A search under HELP came up with nothing and I could not see anything at CJU. Can you provide a link to the documentation so we can be sure we are doing everything correctly?
    Ron, I believe the only place you'll find anything is in the PSA, and that's what the hoopla is all about. They haven't provided any kind of guidance to help us figure out what is really required. Why they won't doesn't make sense...

ABW Ambassador
    Ron don't worry about it. They don't enforce the rules anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddCrawford
    I think if you post it on your home page, it will be fine as long as you have a link to the home page from your other pages.
    So you are saying it WILL be compliant? When you say "I think", it does not really answer the question.

Thanks,

SP

They are being deliberately vague so they can have an excuse to kick out anyone they don't like. They can always say "Your privacy policy was not in compliance" and out you go. It is a tool to control trouble makers. That is why they have not now and never will give you an example or tell you just what you must say to be in compliance.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

ABW Ambassador
    "I think if you post it on your home page, it will be fine as long as you have a link to the home page from your other pages."

See Ron, don't worry about it. Todd doesn't even know. That tells you how serious they are about you having it.

I just got rejected by a couple of CJ merchants for not having a privacy policy on my sites. Does anyone has any text or paragraph what a privacy policy should look like? Does CJ has any special requirements?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xion
    I just got rejected by a couple of CJ merchants for not having a privacy policy on my sites. Does anyone has any text or paragraph what a privacy policy should look like? Does CJ has any special requirements?

Thanks.
    Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development

OECD Privacy Statement Generator

http://www.oecd.org/document/39/0,23..._1_1_1,00.html
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

Quote Originally Posted by SSanf
    They are being deliberately vague so they can have an excuse to kick out anyone they don't like. They can always say "Your privacy policy was not in compliance" and out you go. It is a tool to control trouble makers. That is why they have not now and never will give you an example or tell you just what you must say to be in compliance.
    I wish it were not so, but I can't come up with any logical argument against your position SSanf

Quote Originally Posted by Rhia7
    Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development

OECD Privacy Statement Generator

http://www.oecd.org/document/39/0,23..._1_1_1,00.html
    Rhia - Thanks for the link. This helps.

I've never had any issues with this. Maybe they don't enforce it so much if "privacy" is not really at issue? Just seems a daunting task for them to have to patrol every page on the internet with CJ stuff on it. I've only been making those pages when I have to myself.

Here is another template site: http://www.the-dma.org/privacy/creating.shtml#form

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread