Ebay reporting confusion.
    I am SOOOO confused.

Doing a month-to-date search on Ebay transactions, searching by posting date on "Buy-It-Now" comes up with 40 entries. searching on "Bid" (Advanced Sale) comes up with 200 entries. Doing a search on "Winning Bid" comes up with 213 entries.

I thought that I had understood things correctly: BINs + Bids = Winning Bids. If so, where is the discrepancy coming in? Are those advanced Bids and BINs that have not yet converted to Winning Bids?

This whole double-entry system has me upside down. Also, how do we reconcile the Bids and BINs with Winning Bids to make sure they eventually all convert?

Or are "Bids" those that merely have the *possibility* of becoming "Winning Bids"?

This is more complicated than ever. I wish there were some automated way to reconcile the advanced vs. final entries.

My head hurts.

Again.

Still.

Quote Originally Posted by dharding
    Doing a month-to-date search on Ebay transactions, searching by posting date on "Buy-It-Now" comes up with 40 entries. searching on "Bid" (Advanced Sale) comes up with 200 entries. Doing a search on "Winning Bid" comes up with 213 entries.

I thought that I had understood things correctly: BINs + Bids = Winning Bids. If so, where is the discrepancy coming in? Are those advanced Bids and BINs that have not yet converted to Winning Bids?
    BINs and Bids tell you when somebody has placed the bid. Not all of them will win. So the total BINs+Bids is never going to add up to number of Winning Bids. The EVENT DATE is when the Bid/BIN is placed, and they seem to post within four hours of the Bid/BIN being placed.

Winning Bids are the Bids/BINs that were won by your bidder. The EVENT DATE is the actual date the Auction closes. They seem to being posting sometime on the day after the close of the auction. So, auctions that closed yesterday, will probably post sometime today. If somebody places a bid on the first day of the auction, and eventually wins, it could be up to 10 days before you see the Winning Bid post.

Also noticing Winning Bids that I never received a txn for the original Bid/BIN, but usually the bidder placed another Bid/BIN within a few minutes of the Winning Bid I have no txn for.

This whole double-entry system has me upside down. Also, how do we reconcile the Bids and BINs with Winning Bids to make sure they eventually all convert?
    I've set up a spreadsheet. I download all the BINs/Bids, and add the closing date in the last column. Then I keep it sorted on that column. When the auctions close, I look them up and Enter Yes or No in another column depicting if my Bidder won the auction.

Then each day when the WINNING BIDS post, I match them up with the Yes Column.

Or are "Bids" those that merely have the *possibility* of becoming "Winning Bids"?
    Exactly.
    -----------------
    So far, I've been paid for every winner, except ONE. I will wait another day to see if it posts, then I will write to eBay for an explanation since it could potentially earn about $5.

What do you think?
    Code:
    MY BIDDER      US $202.50 Oct-04-05 18:54:04 PDT  
    ANOTHER BIDDER US $200.00 Oct-04-05 10:35:39 PDT  
    MY BIDDER      US $171.99 Oct-04-05 18:51:56 PDT  
    MY BIDDER      US $161.99 Oct-04-05 18:51:43 PDT  
    MY BIDDER      US $151.99 Oct-04-05 18:51:34 PDT  
    MY BIDDER      US $131.99 Oct-04-05 18:50:44 PDT  
    MY BIDDER      US $121.99 Oct-04-05 18:50:36 PDT  
    MY BIDDER      US $111.99 Oct-04-05 18:50:27 PDT
    FIRST BIDDER   US $100.00 Oct-04-05 16:58:11 PDT
    I find it difficult to believe that my bidder went somewhere and picked up another cookie in the four minutes prior to placing the final bid.

This is going to sound very ignorant but how do you get cj to show the bin's, bids etc. I am lost ever since they changed their reporting software.

@ stolemymoney: You have to download the CJ reports and open them in Excel or some other spreadsheet program. There are additional fields in the downloaded reports that you can't see online, and that is where the good stuff is located.

You can choose your download format in the bottom right of the CJ Account Manager when you're viewing reports.

As for the reporting at CJ, I too find it extremely confusing and not very efficient.

Andy

I downloaded the reports but only get these fields

WEB_SITE Status Web_Site_ID COMMISSIONS SALE_AMOUNT SALES LEADS CLICKS IMPS CTR EPM CR EPC

NO BIN or bid fields - What the heck am i doing wrong!

It all depends on *which* report you are running as to what gets downloaded.

Is there a universal "FuggitIWantAllTheInformationInThisDamnedReport" button or link?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread