Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    CJ does not appear to be tracking all sales.
    Again, I thought something was up, made a secret shopper purchase and the transaction never showed up. Out of the last 4 times I did this, CJ has tracked only 1 properly.

I did a view source code, file save, on the final page. There was a commission-junction line of code that included the purchase price. I don't know what all is supposed to be there or how to tell if it is correct.

Here we go again, CJ will blame the merchant and the merchant will blame CJ. The fact is CJ DOES NOT appear to be tracking sales properly.

Anyone know how to tell if the code on the final page of an order is correct?

ABW Ambassador
    Going from what I have read at the old CJ forums, could be any number of things
    Was the line commented out?
    Did you let the page load properly & completely?
    Is the merchant active?
    the questions go on... maybe others have pages saved with the code in that your page could be compared to.

I check all the basic stuff BEFORE I placed the order. Loaded the page, viewed source code, double checked to make sure it was correct, cookies enabled, CJ cookie accessed when I hit the page, etc...

CK, for what its worth. I got shafted all week. For some reason it seems that tracking doesn't seem to work for all of us a good part of the time. I'm gonna call CJ tomorrow to see what the problem is. Of course they'll say there is none but something needs to change. I also have started emailing my merchants to try to get reports of all the sales I have had so far this month. This will at least let me know if it's on the merchants side not tracking or on CJ's side not reporting. There is a major problem with tracking for some of us and it really needs to be straightened out. Todd can say whatever he wants but it comes down to something is wrong and they need to find it and fix it.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

ABW Ambassador
    I have been thinking the same thing. I finally got a sale tonight. This is the first one in nearly 1,000 clicks to cj merchants. I have even been contemplating starting a new account just to see what happens.

Mike

ABW Ambassador
    If they're not tracking sales at CJ, heads ought to roll. If you think affiliates take a hit, what about CJ's 1/3 take on the commission?

But don't be too quick to blame them. I see conversions taking a dive right now on many fronts. Maybe surfers are getting their holiday credit card bills and gagging on them. Maybe they lost their job or think they might. But they'll get over it and be charging up a storm by March. Just hunker down a little from now until the end of February ... better days are ahead.

I hope that is true, things have been going extremely slow for me too, but this doesn't change the fact that CK's sales weren't tracked.

I think I am going to have to do a little testing myself.

I placed the sale from my own link - I know the sale took place, CJ just didn't track it properly. I double checked my CJ stats this morning and the transaction didn't mysteriously show up during the night either.

One of my sites I have listed with CJ doesn't appear to have any tracking problems at the moment. The order that CJ failed to track, was from another site that has seemed to have CJ Tracking problems since early this month.
    CJ has been able to properly track 1 of 4 transactions during my tests. So are they losing 75% of my sales?

ABW Ambassador
    I am sorry to hear about you guys troubles. Fortunately, I have to give CJ a thumbs up and say things seem to be tracking extremely well on my end. I had one of my highest weekend sales days ever yesterday. Usually weekends are pretty darn slow - but I did swell on Friday, Saturday and really swell on Sunday. Don't give up, it'll pick up soon. Keep ya head up! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    This is an extremely important test case in thta the "secret shopper" sales were made 4 different times with the same merchant. Certainly I'm not saying CJ can turn off sales reporting for any selected affiliate just like they can't for any selected merchant. The merchant's HTML tracking code placed on the final ordering page is simple for CJ to verify. Sometimes during heavy shopping periods ( Easter/Christmas) if a merchant has an interface to realtime CC authorization and thta outside site is down or too busy the sale gets hung up. This can also occur when calculating shipping with an interface to UPS which should revert to a zero shipping charges if that site is busy or down.

Very strange if the merchant doesn't batch report manually to CJ all prior days sales tagged to affiliates. Hell ..honest merchants would pay the "secret shopper" to test their shopping cart reporting tag on a monthly basis.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I'm with Jada as to my own results, but when 3 of 4 transactions don't get reported, something is definitely wrong!!

Although I would like to know how THIS is possible:

"I check all the basic stuff BEFORE I placed the order. Loaded the page, viewed source code, double checked to make sure it was correct, cookies enabled, CJ cookie accessed when I hit the page, etc...~CK "

How can you see the Thank You Page (where that final piece of merchant-side tracking code is) BEFORE you place the order? I've always wanted to be able to check that--WITHOUT having to buy stuff (or order and then cancel, causing myself reversals)!

Jada, I think it is great that everything seems to be tracking good for you and others. For some reason you don't seem to get it. For some of us there is no doubt in our minds that sales are being missed, not tracked, unreported or lost somewhere. This isn't a matter of people aren't buying. For my site it is something that is used every day. There is no slow down for certain times of the year. When a week goes by with almost no sales, something isn't right. When I look at my traffic stats and see which keywords brought them to my site and the quality of traffic all I can do is shake my head in discust when I check my CJ stats. It's very frustrating knowing that your busting your ass to get people to buy stuff and when they do your not getting credit for it.

An example is last month for a certain every day product I had 41 sales.

This month same product and quality of traffic-16 sales.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

I am sure there is a tracking problem for not only have my transactions gone right down
    but over the weekend I received a credit for a referral to CJ, I am not in the recruiter program and the link detail was from a link that I don't have on my site!
    Any ideas as to how this can happen?

ABW Ambassador
    Packy - I am not saying that you are not having a tracking problem. I just said that my account seemed to tracking well. But that doesn't mean your problem does not exist. I'm sorry and I really don't know what to tell you. I sympathize with you, not against you. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

ukcopiers,

Welcome!

Probably from improperly coded link by another affiliate.

------------

CK,

Was it snapnames? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Haiko

Jada, I know your not against me and you know I really do wish you continued success forever. Thanks. Just wish they would get things straightened out.

What would be nice and would would probably work for CJ to keep an eye on their tracking and the merchants tracking would be for them to place 2-3 test orders at each merchants site every day. Different times during the day and night. Maybe even just a third of the mechants each day switching on and off with different ones each day. Probably imposible but it would take care of any doubt that some of us have about tracking and reporting of sales.

[ 01-22-2002: Message edited by: Packy ]

Haiko,
    No it wasn't snapnames.

Leader,
    I checked everything on my end to make sure my code was correct, my computer was accepting cookies, and to basically make sure I didn't have anything screwed up.

When I placed the order, I saved the confirmation page and the Thank you page.
    The thank you page did have CJ code in it

img src="https://www.commission-junction.com/track/recieve.dll?AMOUNT=XX&CID=XXXXXX&OID=XXXX&TYPE=SALE&KEEP=YES&METHOD=REDIR " height="1" width="1"

(where the X's are numbers)

I don't know how to tell if this code is correct or not, and CJ hasn't been any help. Same old story, "ask the merchant why we can't track orders and ask them to credit you for the sale."

THAT ISN'T THE PROBLEM!
    The problem is CJ is missing my sales. So the merchant credits me for this one sale, what about all the others that have been missed? What about all the ones you missed today and will miss next week?

PS. the merchant isn't listed as one that batches either.

edited to try and show tracking code on merchant's site

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Commission King ]

I've had the same problem with two sales in the last month. I bought the items, saved the sale pages, confirmed the tacking code was on the pages, and then waited for the sales to register. When they didn't, I wrote the merchant and CJ. I have heard from both merchants, who credited the sales. But I have not heard from CJ.

BTW, I have ordered from one of the two merchants several times. I always save the sales page. I compared the code on sale page that didn't record the commission to the code on page where commissions were recorded. The code was identical. CJ definitely has a problem with tracking sales, despite what they say.

ABW Ambassador
    If someone sees a lot of transactions, that is not in any way proof that tracking is accurate. That just means that there are a lot of transactions tracking.

Now, if CJ would just implement some sort of fraud and tracking detection, or even put up a real effort, that would be a step in the right direction.

Unfortunately, so far the only confirmed fraud detection going on now is to protect the merchants. CJ has been rumored to be working on detecting merchant fraud and mistracking, but so far no official word.

CK,

quote:
    https://www.commission-junction.com ....

Really?

Haiko

ABW Ambassador
    I think we are now starting to get proof that something is indeed amiss with CJ and has been for quite some time.

What is very interesting about this is that the same group of people, me included, have been saying this for some time now and another group saying that sales are fine. Still nothing has been done. It really is frustrating that sales are apparently being missed.

I am now giving ALL CJ merchants 100 clicks to perform a first sale and then 100 clicks for each additional sale afterwards. If their merchants can't convert 1 in 100 then C'ya Bye.

Mike :mad:

Haiko,

Yep, that's the only "CJ" type code I found on the "Thank you" page. This isn't an "old" merchant, They are fairly new joining CJ in Late 2001.

CJ checks merchants code to make sure it is correct and tracks properly when they join don't they?

Anyone know what OID means in the tracking code above? Order ID or Order Number?

ABW Ambassador
    The url https://www.commission-junction.com, is that something that is used just on the order confirmation pages? I don't recall ever seeing that, but it's been a while since I've made a purchase from my own stores.

Tom Pyles

quote:
    Originally posted by Commission King:
    Haiko,

Yep, that's the only "CJ" type code I found on the "Thank you" page. This isn't an "old" merchant, They are fairly new joining CJ in Late 2001.

CJ checks merchants code to make sure it is correct and tracks properly when they join don't they?

Anyone know what OID means in the tracking code above? Order ID or Order Number?

CK,

So either it is deliberate (unintentional/excusable) fraud ... or uses the old CJ code (non P3P compliant) for yet another excuse [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

OID, I think is Order Id Number, Geez!

Haiko

Late in on this one, with a sort of fairly inane question: Is 'recieve.dll' actually what is in the code?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast