A rant.
    I'm going to go off here for a bit, and I'm going to say some unpopular things that I think need to be said. This will offend some people, so be forewarned.

1. This last update fiasco.

2. Reporting still not fixed.

3. Continued site instability.

4. Lack of timely responses to email support inquiries.

5. Ridiculous new PSA.

6. Todd's little occasional drive-by answers that ignore the vast majority of legitimate questions.

Bottom line: Why is CJ continuously treating us like shit? Better yet, is there realistically anything that can be done about it?

The affiliates drive traffic to CJ, making the merchants and CJ money, yet CJ continues to show that as a network it does not give a DAMN about the state of the network.

I keep reading here how boycotting CJ won't help. I know I'm small potatoes. They'd probably say "good riddance."

My question is "Are merchants putting pressure on CJ to clean up their act?" They seem to be the ones to have leverage. Do we, as affiliates need to start hammering the merchants until they, in turn, hammer CJ?

This web site stuff is just a hobby for me. Luckily I don't have to depend on it for my next meal. I've worked in a customer service capacity in the printing industry for almost two decades. In the brick-and-mortar world, CJ's customer service skills and reliability would have put them out of business years ago. By having the ability to hide behind online anonymity, they absolve themselves of any and all need for customer service and the accountability that entails.

So what is a tiny affiliate to do?

Inquiries and comments to CJ fall on deaf ears.

Inquiries and comments to Ebay (my primary merchant) fall on deaf ears.

The only thing left is to come here and kick and scream and yell:

"HEY, CJ! WHY ARE YOU INSISTING ON CONTINUALLY ****ING THE LITTLE GUY WHILE YOU ALLOW PARASITES TO GO UNCHECKED?"

"HEY TODD, CAN YOU ACTUALLY *FULLY* ANSWER A DAMNED QUESTION ON THIS BOARD?"

I'm sorry that this sounds so harsh, but CJ and its representatives, by engaging in this behavior, are proving that their intent is to create an ADVERSARIAL relationship with affiliates rather than a COOPERATIVE one.

I don't know what the answers are. I'm just fed up. I'm at my wit's end. I work hard at making my tiny portion of this whole system work, yet I feel that CJ, the 800-lb gorilla in the room, simply doesn't give a damn...

I certainly can't argue with anything you've said...

Andy

Yup, Sure ... now let me check ... Cagles Mill's Avatar
    This will offend some people
    And we will be offended how????
    Rick M.
    I would rather have a bottle in front of me, than have a frontal lobotomy!
    Does your bubblegum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

But you haven't said anything new, and I seriously doubt you're going to offend anyone (including CJ). Until affiliates with a significant standing with CJ start complaining, CJ isn't going to do anything. That's just the way it works in the real world. It would be great to hear from some of the heavy hitters here on ABW and find out what they think about the current state of CJ. If they're still making great profits, you can bet that they aren't going to say much at all and just hope that more people get fed up and quit using CJ (so that their share grows even more).

15 years and counting
    Well, dharding, I can hear you.
    I'm upset too.
    Can I add:
    These crooks gave us a bad reputation.
    These thieves did a lot to promote UNFAIR competition.
    And they are overcharging us for a defective service.

I'm not one of their PREFERRED affiliates (scr@w them) but these last few years their DIRTY CUT from my work was well above one-million-dollar paid in full by my dear merchants. I'm not talking cents.
    I'm not complaining I got my share, but imagine what I could have done with their dirty cut just to check my stats.

With this kind of money you can EXPECT real working reporting. I've always been paid on time but WHAT A SHITTY SERVICE. SHAME ON YOU CJ!

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Angry
    Who cares if the share grows, when CJ can eat it back at ANY time?!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    So what is a tiny affiliate to do?
    You can seriously ask yourself if the part-time small affiliate will be and to what extent will be part of CJ's business model moving forward.

And then based on how you answer the above question, you re-evaluate your own business plan and business strategies.

"Do not admit you are guilty" irrespective of whether you are right or wrong in any accident. That is the insurance policy.

cj is a big corporate, they are not going to admit their guilts(if any) to fend off any law suit. Just remember there are thousands of affiliates and merchants in cj. Of these thousands what is the percentage of members here that are affiliates with cj. I just guesstimate to be a very small percent. I am not sure how is the arrangement cj has with ABW to be present here. They cannot simply answer questions at a public forum which may have repercussions to cj. So Todds will provide only answers that are answerable to a certain limit.

On another forum, there are also threads on affiliate marketing and cj, but there are no members there blasting cj on the latest fiasco. It seems they are not affected by it.

So my conclusion is, cj knows what is wrong with their system and are correcting them in silence. They can afford to ignore the small percentage of unhappy affiliates as hundreds are continuing to join them.
    We just have to bear with it or find another alternatives. This world is so big, cj can live without us and likewise we can live without cj.

15 years and counting
    megatonloh - there are also threads on affiliate marketing and cj, but there are no members there blasting cj on the latest fiasco. It seems they are not affected by it.
    No, all REAL affiliates are affected by CJ fiasco, but there's only ONE board to help the REAL affiliates, it's here, it's ABW. You should know by now, there's different kind of affiliates.

Sorry Zeus, I do not mean to say that REAL affiliates here at ABW are not affected.

15 years and counting
    Don't worry, I'm not picking on any affiliate. I'm looking at a lot of message boards. Many of them are not pushing the right message and some of them are just pro-parasites.

They cannot simply answer questions at a public forum which may have repercussions to cj. So Todds will provide only answers that are answerable to a certain limit.
    If that is in fact CJ's policy, then IMO, Todd should have a statement to that effect in his signature. He is CJ's representative here. When questions are selectively answered, it then begs "Why aren't the REAL questions being answered or at least acknowledged?" and I think we deserve an answer.
    EPN - Cautiously, but paranoically, optimistic.

15 years and counting
    The worse is when he starts a thread asking for feedback on improvements after an update and then NEVER answer a question.
    Worse then worse is seeing Todd spending his time in the LinkShare threads during the Athena Fiasco and then allowing CJ do as bad as them.
    And the ultimate insult is allowing CJ to "upgrade" their reporting or changing their policy without telling us it's going to happen and outlining the changes.
    DO YOU HAVE TO BE A PUBLIC CIE to have such a BAD customer service?

cj is a big corporate, they are not going to admit their guilts(if any) to fend off any law suit. Just remember there are thousands of affiliates and merchants in cj. Of these thousands what is the percentage of members here that are affiliates with cj. I just guesstimate to be a very small percent. I am not sure how is the arrangement cj has with ABW to be present here. They cannot simply answer questions at a public forum which may have repercussions to cj. So Todds will provide only answers that are answerable to a certain limit.

I just would like to clarify my post above.

Since many affiliates are ranting about cj fiasco and not answering legit questions and problems, what I quoted are my thoughts and opinions.
    I may had written in such a way that readers may think that is cj's policy, it may not be the case

Sorry for the confusion.

"Are merchants putting pressure on CJ to clean up their act?"
    None that I've seen or know of (I'm sure there are one or two exceptions) but I think, if any entity were to make CJ stand up and notice it would be a merchant that makes serious money FOR CJ. Other than that, say bye-bye to CJ, for your own piece of mind. It worked wonders for me.

Set yer sails for higher ground cuz CJ swims with the pond scum~!

16. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread